Author Topic: Hangers  (Read 1549 times)

Offline gear

• Silver Member
Hangers
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2006, 05:02:23 PM »
Originally posted by Waffle BAS
Flith -

Don't let the twits drag you down....just keep organizing missions...and come to the MA and holler that you're gonna do it... :) I'll be there...Those JG54 and 1/2 guys are good targets. They are real vocal when they get popped  too.... I like it! lol!

Honestly, some incintive for destrutcion of a base is a good idea. If light bombers suprised a base and destroyed all the planes on the ground...well that base would be outta commision. Since you can reup continuously, killing FHS should have some impact.

That remark makes me home sick... for waxxing people with that tpye of attiude.:aok

I'm a former Jg54 squady and thier an orginized group.If you ever flown with them you'ld know that.but if ypur on the rieciving end you'll know that too.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2006, 05:06:35 PM by gear »

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
Hangers
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2006, 05:29:22 PM »
Mr Filth, besides being egocentric and confused about the use of apostrophes, you also seem confused about your own feelings.

“Its fine if you dont want to engage us”

“I want those guys across the channel to HATE us”

?
“It’s good to be King” - Mel Brooks

Offline Fencer51

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Hangers
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2006, 08:40:05 PM »
Originally posted by storch
ok then mr fun policeman let me ask you this please? did B17s et al attack front line fighter bases?  That job was mostly reserved for jabos and occasionally B25/26 A20/26.  keep in mind that one sortie from the boofers could shut down the arena for the night.  I think the set up is correct.  you did your mishun you got your pointzes and the furball continued.  or was it your intent to have your fun at the expense of 90% of the players?  I would agree that perhaps we should turn strat on for those that appreciate the fine art of HE destruction on an industrial scale.  However if we are going to do that we need to activate wurzburg for the axis and gimme something with 30mm and lots of them too.  we'll see how many sorties you fly into the sacred cartoonland with JG54 decked out as ZG-1. :D

[/URL]

Darn don't you hate it when they take photos.  The early B17 runs were also against airfields.  Note that this an B-17E.
Fencer
The names of the irrelevant have been changed to protect their irrelevance.
The names of the innocent and the guilty have not been changed.
As for the innocent, everyone needs to know they are innocent –
As for the guilty… they can suck it.

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
Hangers
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2006, 09:29:47 PM »
Kong frankly I dont really know you...so your opinion, though appreciated...doesnt really matter to me. So feel free to say what you want lad.

~AoM~

storch

Hangers
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2006, 10:11:13 PM »
hence why I wrote mostly  as opposed to having said never.  that wouldn't be a far east operation would it?  IIRC the B-17E didn't see much use against the LW did it?

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Hangers
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2006, 11:03:48 PM »
Originally posted by wonton

Talk about some unprovoked flames... geez.

some just do not want to discuss things , they rather make themselves look like a Lemming, wonton..........

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Hangers
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2006, 11:08:20 PM »
Originally posted by TequilaChaser
some just do not want to discuss things , they rather make themselves look like a Lemming, wonton..........

TC

yep

No worries Filth. Your post is being discussed elsewhere:aok

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
Hangers
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2006, 11:59:41 PM »
Originally posted by FiLtH
appreciated...doesnt really matter to me

Make up your mind already:)

I re-read this whole thread looking for flames, all I can find is waffle calling somebody “twit” and TC calling wonton “lemming”. I don’t know, maybe “mr fun police” is a flame. All seems rather tame to me.

Offline wonton

• Zinc Member
Hangers
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2006, 07:22:00 AM »
Edit: It's being discussed by the proper folks now, moving on.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 07:26:51 AM by wonton »

Online Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Hangers
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2006, 08:11:28 AM »
Originally posted by Fencer51
Darn don't you hate it when they take photos.  The early B17 runs were also against airfields.  Note that this an B-17E.

Heh.  I'm pretty sure that that's a photo of the strike on the FW plant at Marienburg on October 9, 1943.

- oldman

Offline Sable

• Copper Member
Hangers
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2006, 08:42:22 AM »
Out of the first 27 missions that the 8th flew in 1942, 10 involved attacks on airfields in france (and only 3 of those 10 were carried out with Bostons, the rest were made with B-17s and B-24s).

Offline Fencer51

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Hangers
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2006, 10:40:28 AM »
Originally posted by Oldman731
Heh.  I'm pretty sure that that's a photo of the strike on the FW plant at Marienburg on October 9, 1943.

- oldman

Heh Heh yep.

The first big raid by the 8th Air Force was on a Focke Wulf plant at Marienburg. Coming back, the Germans were up in full force and we lost at least 80 ships-800 men, many of them pals.
Fencer
The names of the irrelevant have been changed to protect their irrelevance.
The names of the innocent and the guilty have not been changed.
As for the innocent, everyone needs to know they are innocent –
As for the guilty… they can suck it.

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
Hangers
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2006, 12:30:21 PM »
Originally posted by wonton
It's being discussed by the proper folks now

I am relieved to know that the PROPER “folks” are discussing this.  I’m sure their thoughts will be more CORRECT than the INFERIOR ones expressed in this forum.  :aok

Online Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Hangers
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2006, 02:30:48 PM »
Originally posted by KONG1
I am relieved to know that the PROPER “folks” are discussing this.  I’m sure their thoughts will be more CORRECT than the INFERIOR ones expressed in this forum.  :aok

Good to hear, Kong!

- oldman (I'm glad I'm a Beta.  I wouldn't want to be an Alpha.)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Hangers
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2006, 06:41:39 PM »
Originally posted by KONG1

Now you're getting it.

And what the hell is wrong with an Alpha Oldman?????????:furious