Author Topic: Il2 tail bounce  (Read 879 times)

Offline BomberJockey

• Zinc Member
Il2 tail bounce
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2006, 01:44:55 AM »
Just a note here oh great historian adolf galland was one of germanys top scoring aces during WWII... most of his early war kills where against soviet IL2's and early model migs.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Il2 tail bounce
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2006, 02:04:25 AM »
Originally posted by BomberJockey
Just a note here oh great historian adolf galland was one of germanys top scoring aces during WWII... most of his early war kills where against soviet IL2's and early model migs.

:rofl

I am not completely sure if you believe yourself in what you say, or if you just haveing some weird fun in trying to get people upset ;)

But after you called me a great historian, may i give you a little lecture on Herrn Galland:

Adolf Galland never flew on eastern front. He took part in the Polish campaign, flying ground attack missions in Hs 123 8No Il2īs there). He was then transferred to JG 27 in 1940 and fougth in France, then as a Gruppenkommandeur in Jg 23 and JG 26 in the Battle of Britain. By the end of the year he was commanding JG 26, which was staying in France even after the bulk of the Luftwaffe was transferred to the east in 1941. He continued to fight against the RAF until November 41. then he was made General der Jagdflieger and ceased to fly regular combat sorties until 1945.
ALL of his kills were western allied planes. And NO Migs or Ilīs.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline BomberJockey

• Zinc Member
Il2 tail bounce
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2006, 04:00:47 AM »
Study further than the http://www.highschoolknowledgerulz.com resource your using limits you too I think you will find that galland did indeed down several IL2's during the course of his tour as a pilot in the luftwaffe.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Il2 tail bounce
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2006, 04:13:56 AM »
Study further than the http://www.highschoolknowledgerulz.com resource your using limits you too I think you will find that galland did indeed down several IL2's during the course of his tour as a pilot in the luftwaffe.

Well.. i gave some facts, you just idle conversation. But i would be very grateful if you could give me some details, for example units or dates or possibly some sources for your knowledge...

Offline BomberJockey

• Zinc Member
Il2 tail bounce
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2006, 04:25:12 AM »
You can lead a horse... oh nevermind.. just look it up.. most luftwaffe aces have undocumented kills in their records that typically took place in training operations or wandering tours... IE hartmann and barkhorn who both had kills all over the fronts of the wars... I think you will find if you research a little further that this is the case.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Il2 tail bounce
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2006, 04:39:40 AM »
You can lead a horse... oh nevermind.. just look it up.. most luftwaffe aces have undocumented kills in their records that typically took place in training operations or wandering tours... IE hartmann and barkhorn who both had kills all over the fronts of the wars... I think you will find if you research a little further that this is the case.

Again, you give no facts. And now you want me to prove your assumptions?
 And we are not talking about Hartman & Barkhorn, but Galland. And a few statements ago you said repeatedly that most of his kills "most of his early war kills where against soviet IL2's".
Now you reduce it to a few "undocumented kills (...) in training operations or wandering tours". And even this is not true in Gallands case. Or is the information I gave here about Gallands career, his units and such wrong? If my facts are wrong, please tell me which ones!

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Il2 tail bounce
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2006, 05:11:30 AM »
Don't feed the troll

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Il2 tail bounce
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2006, 09:36:38 AM »
http://members.aol.com/geobat66/galland/kills.htm

(for those too lazy to click.  zero IL2 kills, he fought on the western front, and it does provide sources. even his undocumentd kills were while on the western front.  He never went up against the Russians.)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 09:41:20 AM by WMLute »
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
Il2 tail bounce
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2006, 09:44:02 AM »
Gents, this is a BUG reporting forum...
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline BomberJockey

• Zinc Member
Il2 tail bounce
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2006, 04:07:12 PM »
I stand corrected.