Author Topic: Setting up voice  (Read 432 times)

Offline Big G

• Copper Member
Setting up voice
« on: February 10, 2006, 12:57:03 PM »
Hey guys
Just got a new machine and tonight I'm going to be setting up my saitek and my voice.
I have the orginal cd for my stick so that's fine.
The thing is, I have forgotten how to set up voice again, I remember something about plugging in the headset and the pc will recognize it, but can't recall much after that, Any ideas?
Cheers
BigG10

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
Setting up voice
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 12:58:09 PM »
just plug it in and see if it works

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Setting up voice
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 01:03:01 PM »
BigG, plug in the mic and pray is basically correct.

Check the mic function in windows by recording yourself with the Audio recorder. If that works, youre good to go in AH.
Alternatively, run dxdiag and in "network" run the "direct play voice otions" to test mic.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
Setting up voice
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2006, 01:10:41 PM »
from the help files:

Setup

If you have never used a sound program with AH II before, you'll first need to setup and test your microphone.  A microphone will be necessary for recording voice data that is transmitted to other players.

1)  In the sound mixer controls (usually a speaker icon in your taskbar), begin by selecting the microphone as your recording device.  Make sure the microphone playback is muted and boost is selected if it's present.
2)  Test the microphone and playback in your standard Windows .wav recorder.  Look under Start->Programs->Accessories->Entertainment->Sound Recorder for the testing application.

Once your mic and playback are working correctly, test the voice communications in Aces High II.  Go online and tune the voice channel to yourself (".radio 5 YourGameID").  Press the transmit key (default is "T") and speak.  You should hear a beep followed by whatever you said.  If you don't hear the beep or your voice, and you are sure that you have configured your sound mixer controls correctly, contact HTC at support@hitechcreations.com and we'll help you get started.  

Voice Options

When online, click Setup->Preferences->Voice to access the options for voice communication in Aces High II.  

Checking Use Wave In allows you to use the Windows API instead of DirectX for recording.  
Checking Enable Range Channel Beeps or Enable Tunable Channel Beeps will begin each voice transmission received with an audible beep.  

The microphone volume and play volume can be adjusted to whatever suites the player.  

The Effect Volume can be set to dampen all other sound effects when you are hearing a voice transmission.

Do this, if it doesn't work, post back here. We'll get ya going :)

RTR
The Damned

Offline Big G

• Copper Member
Setting up voice
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2006, 01:49:17 PM »
Thanks for all your help guys, you sure do take things for granted until you have to set them up again lol
Now all I have to do is play around with the graphic settings again, you know the stuff, more details, more performance etc.
Great machine this, I work for a network company and this one happened to be "lying around"........ 3.5 ghz processor, 1GB ram and some sort of graphics card, quick word with one of the boys and it's mine to "evaluate".....

BigG10

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Setting up voice
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2006, 03:36:32 PM »
Tip for the future....

backup you Settings folder. And maybe also terrains/sounds/sights, if you got those customized. Saves a *lot* of trouble in case you have to reinstall for whatever reason.
21 is only half the truth.