Author Topic: Freedom is....  (Read 589 times)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Freedom is....
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2006, 03:05:18 PM »
Originally posted by Boroda
They already have the right to show such slogans.

The problem is that when US says "freedom" - it means that bombs will start falling sooner or later.

As for me - I don't want any kind of "freedom" or "liberation" for me and my country, especially if it is defined by You. Same thing about so-called "democracy". I'll fight it by all means.

You substitiute concepts. Feed people before you talk about "freedom" and "democracy". If you "liberate" someone by killing his family and making him starve - you better prepare for the reaction that you, with your good intentions, don't expect.

I beleive we already did liberate you.
That whole cold war thing and its aftermath.
You dont think it was by accident do you? LMAO
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Freedom is....
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2006, 03:08:05 PM »
Originally posted by Maverick
I don't doubt that your statement is true. Freedom and responsibility are hard task masters. They force you to rely on yourself instead of being a  drone. Not everyone is up to the task, that's why welfare is such a popular option.

Tagline Material.
Hell great quote material.

May I borrow it?
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline weaselsan

• Silver Member
Freedom is....
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2006, 04:05:25 PM »
If this was "liberation" then I want to be enslaved again.

No problem Cuba and North Korea are looking for a few good men....

Offline weaselsan

• Silver Member
Re: Re: Re: Freedom is....
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2006, 04:09:09 PM »
Originally posted by Edbert
I doubt Boroda and would agree about very much but he does have a point here. Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for lunch.

That's why we are a Republic. However the only way to self Goverment is through democracy. The only problem is the losers don't think much of it. Look at the Democrats.

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Re: Re: Freedom is....
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2006, 04:54:42 PM »
As for me - I don't want any kind of "freedom" or "liberation" for me and my country

Dont worry, I dont think you are in any danger of freedom anytime soon.  Certainly not in danger of having a free and honest press shoved down your throat.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
Re: Re: Re: Re: Freedom is....
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2006, 06:16:33 PM »
Originally posted by weaselsan
That's why we are a Republic. However the only way to self Goverment is through democracy. The only problem is the losers don't think much of it. Look at the Democrats.

Did you notice my sig?

Offline weaselsan

• Silver Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Freedom is....
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2006, 06:28:05 PM »
Originally posted by Edbert
Did you notice my sig?

Change it at the ballot box....democracy.

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Freedom is....
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2006, 06:37:33 PM »
A functional republic would not allow the personal property of someone in the minority to be confiscated and given to another in the majority (or at the demand of those in the majority). But nearly every government program in existence does just that to some degree or another.

Originally posted by weaselsan
Change it at the ballot box....democracy.

Marx is the one who said (paraphrasing, too lazy to look it up exactly) that "democracy is doomed to failure when the people learn that they can vote for themselves largess from the public treasury".

I think Jefferson had it right when he said that only property owners should have suffrage. Maybe Lazs too when he said women should not be allowed to vote either :D
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 06:40:32 PM by Edbert »

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Freedom is....
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2006, 08:40:48 PM »
Drediok,

Feel free. There's no copyright on it.  ;)
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown