Author Topic: have you ran away from a fight? (speak the truth)  (Read 1913 times)

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
Re: have you ran away from a fight? (speak the truth)
« Reply #90 on: June 18, 2008, 01:22:50 PM »
Same here. My Dora turns like a cement mixer :D, so it's prudent to boogie and drag until you can separate an opponent from the herd. Hardly anyone can catch you, and when the last guy finally throws in the towel I reverse and usually have a great 1v1.

Which is cool because you are then too busy to notice the 11 guys who are now busy whining/bragging on 200 about the ba**-*ess Run90 they just chased away ...

<S>
"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline spit16nooby

• Copper Member
« Reply #91 on: June 18, 2008, 01:54:30 PM »
im typing on a cellphone so im going to make this as simple as possible.  i have ran from fights before. i have never run from a 1v1 if i have fuel or ammo though.   also apparently i have never left a wingman due to the fact that some of my squaddies will only take me or selino because "the rest of them are obessed with kills and think they can use you as bait to get kills.  wow just typing thst on cell took 5 minutes

Offline Cthulhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #92 on: June 18, 2008, 05:40:13 PM »
Which is cool because you are then too busy to notice the 11 guys who are now busy whining/bragging on 200 about the ba**-*ess Run90 they just chased away ...

<S>
Unfortunately, I don't feel qualified to tune 200 since my correct use of spelling apparently confuses children, not to mention my complete inability to make french fries. :)
"Think of Tetris as a metaphor for life:  You spend all your time trying to find a place for your long thin piece, then when you finally do, everything you've built disappears"

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #93 on: June 19, 2008, 04:32:08 AM »
Unfortunately, I don't feel qualified to tune 200 since my correct use of spelling apparently confuses children, not to mention my complete inability to make french fries. :)

French Fries? What ever happened to Freedom Fries?  :lol

<S>...-Gixer

Offline stephen waldron

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #94 on: June 20, 2008, 01:05:26 AM »
   I've ran away from plenty of fights.  That's the first rule of Air Combat.  NEVER ATTACK AN ENEMY WHO HAS THE ADVANTAGE.   Whether it's altitude, a better plane, better firepower, a better pilot, or friendly flak to hide under...  it really doesn't matter.   I would even go as far as to say having your line of egress (retreat) cut off by nme planes uping in the sector behind you, is ample reason to break off from an engagement and bug out.   The first rule is always SURVIVAL.
   I can only think of one situation that would compel me to stay in a losing battle.   If another pilot cleared my six as I was about to be shot down..  I'd be obliged to remain and fight whatever the odds.  Until the other pilot has the opportunity to disengage as well. 
   I must admit I'm more than a bit reluctant myself to clear the six of a friendly pilot in trouble.  Too often the pilot you just saved will immediately bug out.  Leaving you in the exact same situation you just saved him from.  This happened to me dozens of times when I first started flying.  It rarely happens anymore.
   I would also not expect a formation of bombers to engage enemy planes in order to help a friendly fighter.  That's insane.  Yes.  Bombers are armed (lightly in any one gun position), and highly unmaneuverable.  It would be like expecting your sister to jump in and help you in a fist fight.  Bombers should always Bug Out.