Author Topic: US bashers  (Read 5586 times)

Pepino

US bashers
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2001, 08:14:00 AM »
"The list of countries US helped against Hitler and Stalin's domination" has one big country in the very first place...that is the USA itself. Rightly so, but stop spitting in our face how magnanimous, generous, etc. you were on WWII, conveniently forgetting that was YOUR war too, like it or not. I think everyone has to be thankful on the job made by U.S. forces in WWII, but this kind of attitude is what make Europeans dislike americans.

Btw, you were not "exactly" helping Spain against fascism '40 onwards, did you?. You were not "exactly" helping South America against dictatorship '50 onwards, did you?. Not to mention South East affairs in the '60/'70...Every country has some skeletons in their wardrobes, mine too, so, as a rule of thumb, be humble.

Your country is a wonderful one(been there several times) & I like USA people, in the great majority of cases I know personally. But stop behaving as if USA were the world's navel. Even if it were, would be a nice change in attitude to act like you were just like the average human being. Did you forget the superior race/superior country doctrine's consequences yet?

Oh....almost forget....What Saw said  

Cheers,

Pepe

Offline Jimdandy

• Zinc Member
US bashers
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2001, 08:27:00 AM »

Originally posted by Animal:
America is a really big place, including Central America, South America, the Caribbean, Canada, etc.
Yet Citizens of the USA refer to themselves as Americans, and the rest of america is just some foreign place.

My point is, there is a lot of arrogance there. USA is not a bad country. But they are (not all, but the majority) very arrogant, thats why they are DISLIKED by much of the world.

But that dont mean HATED. I am American. I was born in AMERICA. I dont hate people from the USoA, but SOME of them really make you wish they were a little more humble.

They are fun people tho    

I'm curious. What are people from a country named the United States of America supposed to call themselves? United Statesians? It's not called the United States of North America. We would probably refer to ourselves as North Americans if that were the case. We happened to pick the name America for our country. Anyone else could have. Why is that an example of arrogance? I really don't see the point. If we would have picked the name of any other geographic feature would you feel better. I think there is a lot of arrogance in the US also. But what does calling yourself an American have to do with it? It's the name of the country!

[This message has been edited by Jimdandy (edited 01-24-2001).]

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
US bashers
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2001, 08:42:00 AM »
Originally posted by Pepino:
"The list of countries US helped against Hitler and Stalin's domination" has one big country in the very first place...that is the USA itself.

I am pretty sure that USA would not be worse off if Hitler did dominate Europe. His plans did not include world domination or even colonial involvement. In fact he was violently opposed to both. European domination by communists would have been much more dangerous because those did have a world domination agenda and were much closer to their goal (with US help).
 Communist regime eventually crumbled for economic and political reasons, the same would have evantually happend to Hitler's regime if it were victorious before any harm could have been done to US.

Btw, you were not "exactly" helping Spain against fascism '40 onwards, did you?. You were not "exactly" helping South America against dictatorship '50 onwards, did you?.

Why should have they? Anybody asked them to? How does the fact that US got dragged into an international world war make it justifiable to get involved in a civil war? Isn't that a matter of internal politics?
 Besides, many people would blame US for not helping Spanish "fascism" against Spanish communism.

I see equal number of posts from europeans blasting US for interfering into other countries affairs as for not gettng involved in them.

miko

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
US bashers
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2001, 08:46:00 AM »
Now for a very important difference:

At least the women here shave their armpits and legs, err most of them   More than we can say about the average European woman  

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
US bashers
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2001, 09:26:00 AM »

Originally posted by Eagler:
Now for a very important difference:

At least the women here shave their armpits and legs, err most of them   More than we can say about the average European woman  

Eagler

Imagine all those US chicks with silicon implants ten years later  

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
US bashers
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2001, 09:33:00 AM »
Heh yeah.

And I can tell by personal experience that eagler hasn't been to Scandinavia.

Women here shve their armpits. And..well, no need to get graphical  .

------------------
Baron Claus "StSanta" Von Ribbentroppen
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"

"I don't necessarily agree with everything I think." - A. Eldritch

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
US bashers
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2001, 09:34:00 AM »
I, in the great American tradition, dont give a toejam what anyone thinks!

Yeager  
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Fury

• Copper Member
      • http://n/a
US bashers
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2001, 09:44:00 AM »
Americans give so much juicy ammunition for bashing.  Plus, it's fun to see what others think of this great country, even if it's in jest.  While it's nice to walk around thumping chests all the time, a little reality doesn't hurt much.

Fury

Pepino

US bashers
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2001, 09:52:00 AM »
It is only short sighted the perception that Iron Pact would not go for world domination after securing the "vital space". So soviets. Remember, soviets, not communists. It was not a communist regime, but a soviet one. And a Marxist-Stalinist one, after that.

Concluding that Hitler's regime would collapse is only wishful thinking. Altho there were severe imbalances in German economy in year 1.936, and admitting that they could eventually lead to an economic crisis, the situation was one of an overheated economy. So, eventually, it may not collapse if proper measures were taken.

About the harm to the US, just think about WWII taking place in 1.945-1.950 instead of 1.939-45. Even worse, think in an hypothetic WWIII against the Iron Pact now comprising a whole united (by then oppressed) Continental Europe. How would U.S. cope with extended range V2's (just to put an example)? Not that U.S. & Allies would not win the war, but I'm sure that USA would suffer a hell lot more in its own homeland.

Spanish Civil War ended in 1.939. The point is not Spanish Civil War, but how the USA looked with a blind eye to a fascist government in exchange for Torrejón Air Base and Rota Navy Base, just some 5 years after WWII ended. From my point of view, even political-wise, that movement do not show a high standard, in moral terms. Not that I care much, I like Spain like it is today, and history is only intellectual curiosity for me.

Anyway, the point of this thread was about US-Bashers, and why the rest of the world hate Americans. If you read the answers, you will get the picture. Most of us do not hate America. Plus, most of us like it (and Americans too). Even more, we do not hate the few arrogant and/or ignorant characters that degrade the rest of Americans. Most of us disdain them. I'm sure you do as well. Poor souls, after all.

Cheers,

Pepe.

Offline zapkin

• Copper Member
US bashers
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2001, 10:40:00 AM »
while you are sitting at home, comfortable, and safe, remember one thing, those arrogant americans will send their youth to defend your freedom at the drop of a hat. That is of course, as long as there is a threat to our national security  

Pepino

US bashers
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2001, 10:46:00 AM »
Not mine, I'm spaniard  

Cheers,

Pepe

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
US bashers
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2001, 10:47:00 AM »
 Pepino,
 Soviets were behind the Spanish "communists". 25 years of my life were spent in Sovier Union. Believe me that if we won, Spain would have suffered much more then under Franko's "dictatorship". Just remember polish officers shot wholesale after they were "saved from fascism".

US should have supported Franko more, not opposed him - the same they supported Pinochet. Both saved their countries from communist threat and ensured peacefull return to democracy.

Hitler went out of his way to make peace with England - the war he did not expect when he invaded Poland. Did you read his memoirs? He respected englishmen more then he respected germans and argued for Germany to yield colonial and economic competition to England in reurn for their good will.
 Why would he want to fight USA if he did not even want to fing England?

Living space? Get real, Pepino. Just 50 years after the Hitler's times, and Germany's german population is shrinking because if low birth rate. It would shrink even more if the life expectancy did not grow so fast.  Why would aging and numerically shrinking germans need living space in America?

Americans realised wery well that after US help won WWI, France and England created the unfair, unreasonable and cruel Versaille peace treaty that raped Germany (which did not start WWI!) and practically insured WWII.
 That is why there was such an opposition in US to join WWII.

Eventually americans had to go back to fight in Europe for the second time to save their asses. But this time they arranged the peace - not raping the defeated countries but helping them with Marchall plan to become peacefull and productive members of european community.

My ancestors at that time were fighting to bring the communist domination to Europe and free the precious Spain from teh evil Franko who wisely kept his country out of the war. Thenk god we only half succeeded - ended up with easter-european countries instead of all of them!

miko

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
US bashers
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2001, 10:49:00 AM »
Huh ? Zapkin still alive and breathin ???

You are verry wrong on one point Eagler, verry wrong, trust me  
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Sunchaser

• Copper Member
US bashers
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2001, 10:58:00 AM »
Who actually gives a rats bellybutton what the Europeans or the rest of the world think of us?

I am sure the "REST OF THE WORLD", ie, those without power hated the Romans, the Huns, the Greeks, the English etc.

It is our turn and in a few years, if they get enough boats it will be the Chinese.

The difference is that we have the power but do not use it to subdue you and force our perception of good on you.

We know we could kick all yer tulips but we are nice so we do not and all we got left is to tell you all how great we are and build McDonalds all over your Countries so we got a decent place to eat when we visit you.

------------------
When did they put this thing in here and WTF is it for?

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
US bashers
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2001, 11:42:00 AM »
I dont have anything against hairy women; They're kinda wild  

(well old DDR's athletic women are other case, They needed to shave some other parts more than armpits or legs  )