Author Topic: "E" pens  (Read 2512 times)

Offline helldiver

• Copper Member
"E" pens
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2006, 07:35:33 PM »
true:noid

Offline outbreak

• Nickel Member
"E" pens
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2006, 10:15:16 PM »
back up to far and u sleepin wit the fishes, or the Rooks, Your choice.:lol

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
"E" pens
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2006, 12:18:39 PM »
Originally posted by LYNX
I beg to differ with you on this point.  There is a reverse feature on Cv's.  You need to open throttle just a tad and push or is it pull slightly on the stick.  I do it all the time.  Try it out.  Take a land based plane for example to the Cv and follow my guid lines.  It will reverse.  As for wind there is no wind in AH.  If your theory stud up no one would be able to sit stationary on the deck.

My point about using the Cv reverse method was to simulate the Tow Truck pulling planes out of the E pen.  Just trying to make it look easier on HTC to do it but somone said he has said no in a simular thread about repairs.
it is not about what kind of plane... it is where you are.

show film with no arena wind going "back" on a land runway.

the reason you throttle up a tiny bit is to disengage the wheel locking brakes. those are what stops your plane from sliding off the deck when the CV is turning, or sliding off the back too. when you bring the throttle up past a certian point the wheel brakes go off in all planes.

just letting you know the facts.
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
"E" pens
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2006, 02:01:13 PM »
Mustaine is correct. AH has a mechinism that auto brakes you when moving very slow realitive to the surface you are on. Advancing the throttle disengages this mechanism. Hence the drag of the plane from the wind will push you back when on the cv. Or if you bring up the wind off line, it would do the same thing when on the land.

HiTech

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
"E" pens
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2006, 06:38:53 PM »
Originally posted by hitech
Mustaine is correct. AH has a mechinism that auto brakes you when moving very slow realitive to the surface you are on. Advancing the throttle disengages this mechanism. Hence the drag of the plane from the wind will push you back when on the cv. Or if you bring up the wind off line, it would do the same thing when on the land.

HiTech

I eat my words and concede the point:o

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
"E" pens
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2006, 08:25:37 PM »
It will cause the kills per sortie numbers to get all out of skew.

Not if every rearm/repair is counted as a single sortie. The kill streak will be maintained until one finally lands, and the landed kills message should show all the kills one made before officially 'landing'..  but on score count each rearm/repair would be counted as an end of a sortie and a start of another.

Problem solved.

They are called hangers............. and you have to wait in the tower while its fixed................

But Tilt, you gotta admit that adding repair points on the field would make a lot of people taxi around - and seeing planes taxiing to position on the field, just can't be a bad thing IMO.