Author Topic: Which country has teamwork?  (Read 1468 times)

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Which country has teamwork?
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2001, 04:15:00 AM »
Well, yah. Those Bish over at A1 held it... and our home island finally fell. All we were left with was A1 and the VH beside it, so we were pretty much hooped... causing the first reset I think since perk points were given for it.

Was a ton of fun tho while it lasted.

I did my share of country hopping about 3 months ago just to check out the landscape... and believe me, it aint any different anywhere else.

Just turns out that the Bish are way cooler.

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2001, 08:19:00 AM »
All sides are and all sides aren't.

I normally stay with a side for about a month  just so I get a chance to fly with/against everyone.

I notice that every side has their group that works good together and gets things done but they also have the group that only wants to furball and gets nothing done.

So I think it all depends on when you come on and who is on. All sides are good and have fun guys to fly with but they also all have dicks who everyone hates to be around.
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline Asmodan PL

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2001, 09:19:00 AM »
manny times i had situacion that we where just loiter the flat fieald awaiting for goon and nothing   that`s sad in knightlan but there are people that are trying to chnage things out   Rip that was about U  
great missions and good coordination is alweays a key to win  

special thx to Viks13   we had lot`s of great jubo missions just 2 of us and almoust evrytime the fieald was flat (but noone goon it )

Moose11

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2001, 09:23:00 AM »
I've been a rook my entire time in AH (besides one quick stint with the bishes during Beta Tour 1 I believe.

With any country it does depend on who's online. With someone online who's good at persuading others to join missions, cap fields, etc etc, things move more smoothly. Zigrat was doing that last night, trying in vain to beat up the knits before they forced the reset.

Ice

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2001, 10:37:00 AM »
Hang....

When your online, give me a shout and you'll have the 13th TAS's support.

We are currently training in different skill sets, and the squad would enjoy participating in a mission with a purpose...just make sure someone brings some goons

Ltr

Ice

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2001, 11:06:00 AM »
The tide of the war is often dictated by the horde mentality.  All sides have it to some extent and it doesn't really help gain anything.  What is more important is how many people don't subscribe to the mentality.

The knits were fighting on both fronts yesterday.  We had numbers (70 knits, 55 bish, 50 rook) and we were still down to one island not making progress.  There was a bish CV parked off of A17 and an endless wave of bish were attacking, being met by an endless wave of knits.  Finally, someone spawned from a nearby base.. climbed to 10k and came in and bombed the bish cv.  Not a single bish pilot was over 6k to defend... and not a single person knew what to do when the cv was sent back to port.

The knits quickly grabed 18 and the hord started again.  The bish got the cv back near 18 and a battle started between 19 and 18 that sucked up 70% of bish and knit resources.  The deciding factor was not how many people we had going after the CV/19 from 18... but rather how many people were NOT doing it.  As the battle raged, several people got together and took A7.. then swept across the more northern bish fields as they were relatively undefended.  The rooks began to take the northwestern bases as they too were relatively undefended... yet very few bish gave up the cv->18 battle.

Finally, we were able to take A19 and A21 from the north, rather than the east.  Thanks to bish persistance, the CV for 21 was handily nearby for quick capture.  The bish never recovered.

I've seen the Knits behave this way too.  Afterall, we were down to one island because at one time 90% of the knits on-line decided it was more important to defend A5 than any of our ports.  Basically, whenever 80-90% of your country is at the same location, you are doomed.

AKDejaVu

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2001, 11:47:00 AM »
<S> to all the bish who fought last night, you really made us work for that reset.

and <S> to the AK's and rest of the knights
who kept flying to force the reset  great work guys

44MAG

Offline Zigrat

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2001, 12:07:00 PM »
13 tas was defending 1, not heling hang last night ice

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2001, 05:08:00 PM »
Actually Zig; soon as I put out the word; I had 4 13th TAS pilots running a superb high cap and screen for a medium buff/jabo raid to A28.. they stayed in the area; supporting the subsequent missions on the CV too. There may have been a few TAS pilots in the A1 area before or after mission ops were being conducted.. but when we ran missions last night; those boys were on point.

There's a core group of bish pilots that seem to ALWAYS be there when we need 'em.. TAS is one of 'em. Special thanks to JCY19 and the Airwolves as well as our most recent guest squad; the Buccaneers... these guys fight like tigers and are always willing to put some weight into the 1st/AG "Bishlanders" Mission efforts... after all; regardless of what squad a Bish flies for, he IS a "Bishlander".

Thanks gents. Win or lose, at least we never die alone or without a cause.

<S!>

Hang
1st/AG "Bishlanders"
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2001, 07:38:00 AM »
I have approx. 30 pre-made missions (Yes, Ram, even a LW A/C only mission) that are available for everyone in Knightland, just call out the target, the A/C type, and I can post it with your name (Then you have edit permisions, not me) within 1 min. of your request.

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2001, 07:49:00 AM »

Originally posted by Ripsnort:
I have approx. 30 pre-made missions (Yes, Ram, even a LW A/C only mission) that are available for everyone in Knightland, just call out the target, the A/C type, and I can post it with your name (Then you have edit permisions, not me) within 1 min. of your request.

Rip ,that there are few LW missions doesnt mean I don't take part in them. I love to fly missions even if they mean to fly sissyfires  

I was just making a comment about the all-US missions in bishland.With a big grin in my face, nothing else  

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2001, 08:52:00 AM »