Author Topic: Flying with mouse  (Read 430 times)

Offline 819RedHorse

• Zinc Member
Flying with mouse
« on: February 14, 2006, 02:19:26 PM »
I was able to fly just fine with my mouse until I tried to calibrate it. I then changed more settings and probably made it worse. The controls jump so rapidly the plane cannot be controlled. How can I get the settings back to where they were so I can fly again?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Flying with mouse
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2006, 03:09:58 PM »
Know this problem. Not sure i have a cure.

What you can try is - if one isnt working, on to next step:

1. Simple relog. Exit game to desktop, go back in. See if that helps.

2. Go on your clipboard to SETUP > CONTROLS > JOYSTICK > Select Joystick. Highlight "mouse" in the middle list and then click on "SET ALL INPUTS". Apply.

3. Delete the stick.cfg file in your AH installation settings folder  (should be something like C:\Programme\Aces High II\Settings). Restart game. It will recreate all missing files with default setting.

4. Delete the complete Settings folder. Restart game.

I hope this helps you. If anyone else has better ideas/ a solution, id be happy to know about it.

PS: You might want to backup your settings folder before messing with/deleting anything.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline SAS_KID

• Silver Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/saskid
Flying with mouse
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2006, 07:32:01 PM »
get a joystick :aok
Quote from: hitech on Today at 09:27:26 AM
What utter and compete BS, quite frankly I should kick you off this bbs for this post.

The real truth is you do not like the answer.

HiTech

Offline 819RedHorse

• Zinc Member
Thanks
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 12:12:03 PM »
Deleting the stick.cfg file worked. Now I just need to find a way to get the keyboard to accept the command for RPM so I can fly faster than 200 MPH.

I appreciate you taking the time to help me. In regard to the other response, what sort of joystick would you recommend?

Offline GunnerCAF

• Silver Member
      • Gunner's Grange
Flying with mouse
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 03:42:51 PM »
In regard to the other response, what sort of joystick would you recommend?

A good starter stick would be one with a 4-way hat switch for views, a twist handle for rudders, and a throttle lever.  If you have a local PC store with sticks on display, take a look at them and try out the feel.  Pick one that feels good to you.

Gunner
Gunner
Cactus Air Force

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Flying with mouse
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2006, 04:09:10 PM »
Youre welcome.

Glad deleting the stick.cfg works. Unfortunatly, youre not the only one with this prob.... so good to know what to do when it occurs. Thanks for the feedback.

Joysticks: Well, thats a matter of personal liking and $$ you want to invest.

Basic requirements: (8-way-) Hatswich (for views), throttle lever, some rudder control (twisty or rocker). Youll get pretty far with that.
You can get cheap ones (25-40 USD) that fit those requirements. Good sticks i know of are Saitek Evo, Thrustmaster AfterburnerII, Speedlink BlackWidow. Just stay away from Logitech.... theyre no good usually.

If you can invest something and want to stick with flight sims for a while you could think about getting a Saitek X45, X52 (80-130 USD) or maybe even a CH Setup - Throttle, Stick and Pedals (250-450 USD).
21 is only half the truth.