Author Topic: Bigfoot!  (Read 377 times)

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
Bigfoot!
« on: February 15, 2006, 02:59:46 PM »
Cryptozoology has always interested me.  It's the study of creatures that don't exist to science yet.  I.E. Bigfoot, Lochness...

So I come across this website http://www.pabigfootsociety.com where I find the 'UNDERSTATEMENT OF THE YEAR.'

I will copy this for you.  It is from witness records from Westmoreland county in PA (south of Pittsburgh).

May 17 1988, Unity Township: Loyalhanna Creek: Around 11:30pm, the witness was beginning to night fish and he heard shrill whistling, grunting, and monkey like chattering in the nearby woods. The witness turned away from the noise and then he felt something touch his back and elbow. When he turned around the creature was standing right there. It stood 6 1/2 to 7 foot tall. It appeared to have reddish brown hair. Its face was deeply wrinkled and leather like. The eyes were orange with a glow to them and were the size of golf balls. The sighting ended when the witness, after being touched, jumped in his car and drove away.

Let me highlight the biggest understatement ever.

The sighting ended when the witness, after being touched, jumped in his car and drove away.

I'm still laughing.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 04:16:53 PM by lasersailor184 »
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Re: Bigfoot!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 11:00:14 AM »
Originally posted by lasersailor184
Cryptozoology has always interested me.  It's the study of creatures that don't exist.

Sounds like a plausible college major type of situation to me............:p
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Bigfoot!
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006, 12:28:51 PM »
Originally posted by Maverick
Sounds like a plausible college major type of situation to me............:p

Sounds like a great career :D

How did I exist before google.

http://www.cryptozoology.com/

http://www.ncf.carleton.ca/~bz050/HomePage.cryptoz.html

Cryptozoology is the study of still unknown species of animals. These cryptids, as they are called, include not only the Loch Ness monster, sasquatch and other "mega-monsters", but also many lesser known mystery creatures. (Some of these have more evidence going for them than the monster super-stars.) Cryptozoology often receives a bad rep because it is often practiced with little skepticism, or regard for scientifically supported facts and theories. Likewise, paranormal cryptozoologists do little to help the integrity of cryptozoology. It can, however, be a level-headed, interesting and possibly even scientific subject, if examined with open-minded skepticism and a scientific viewpoint.

Such an approach is the basis of this web site on cryptozoology. Ockham's razor, which basically states that the simplest explanation is probably the correct one, is a rationale that looms large here.

Offline Ping

• Silver Member
Cryptozoology.
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 12:40:36 PM »
That situation alone is good reason for having a  concealed carry licence.
Easier to study something your not sure even exists if you can kill it. :D
I/JG2 Enemy Coast Ahead

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Cryptozoology.
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006, 02:14:51 PM »
sounds like a carrer that the weding crasher dudes would use :rofl
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline x0847Marine

• Silver Member
Re: Bigfoot!
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2006, 02:45:59 PM »
Originally posted by lasersailor184
Cryptozoology has always interested me.  It's the study of creatures that don't exist to science yet.  I.E. Bigfoot, Lochness...

Let me know if they ever find a sane female.

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
Cryptozoology.
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2006, 03:59:07 PM »
It stood 6 1/2 to 7 foot tall. It appeared to have reddish brown hair. Its face was deeply wrinkled and leather like. The eyes were orange with a glow to them and were the size of golf balls.

Don't fear little ones, it was only Lazs.
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

storch

Cryptozoology.
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2006, 05:42:37 PM »
the only cryptid I want to find is the non omnicient mother in law

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
Cryptozoology.
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2006, 06:08:59 PM »
No one else finds the last sentence funny?  

I think it's hilarious at how calmly and easily they described the guy bugging the **** out of there and breaking land speed records.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"