Author Topic: Help the Poor Noob  (Read 374 times)

Offline USHilDvl

• Copper Member
Help the Poor Noob
« on: February 14, 2006, 10:54:08 AM »
Hey, folks...

I'm trying to make my first edited film, and I've hit a snag.

While setting up shots in FilmViewer, in preparation for capturing in Fraps, I wanted to set up a ground-level shot in which the subject aircraft would blow past the point of view.

However, when I use the 'External' view, the POV keeps moving with the aircraft, rather than remaining stationary.

Am I using the wrong view, or doing something else wrong?  I know this should be self-evident...but the Nor'easter froze my brain, and I need help.

Thanks...

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
Help the Poor Noob
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2006, 11:01:47 AM »
this is the one big problem with the AH view system, it doesnt have a fixed point view :(

if you want to get a fly-by effect, go into f4 view, set up the angle with the zoom as far out as possible, then record with fraps. as soon as you start recording, zoom in, the plane will look like its flying into the camera. after this, stop fraps, and do it from the other side, with the view zoomed all the way in, then zoom out as you record, so it looks like the plane is flying away from the camera. then you just gotta edit the clips well, and make the merge into each other in the film editor

good luck!

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Help the Poor Noob
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2006, 12:12:08 PM »
If you want fly by effect hit F5, zoom out to a point out infront of the plane... Then hit F4 and the view will pan from the F5 ( the point out infront of the plane) to F4 which is chase view. That will give you a much smoother fly by effect.

Or you could call up Hitech and beg him to redo the film viewer.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Help the Poor Noob
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2006, 12:39:14 PM »
Morphs idea will probably work best.

Or you try and set it up with "fixed view".

Keep in mind that you can zoom in and out with [ and ] keys.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline USHilDvl

• Copper Member
Help the Poor Noob
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006, 08:30:44 PM »
OK..well, at least it wasn't right in front of my face, and I missed it :D

Thanks for the ideas...I'll try them each out.  I've shot a couple films of the Tuesday night air races, and they make some good footage.  We'll see what my editing is worth, though.

Thanks, again!