Author Topic: Dogfighting Etiquette?  (Read 4668 times)

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
Dogfighting Etiquette?
« Reply #90 on: February 27, 2006, 11:43:52 PM »
Originally posted by VIC
If you post your film Gunzo,you may wanna delete some of the text.
I was in there that evening when this occured and you seemed to be taunting them alot and lots of name calling.Just so you dont come off trying to sound like a martyr or victim here.You have good E management and the 2 times I fought you were game,but after myself and zaphod beat you ,you wouldnt fight us any longer.So it seems to me that you picked a fight with them after you vulched LTARKIlz on the take off.I've reviewed the film I have of the incident and it appears that you would extend beyond a reasonable distance and wait for them to break off then come in on them when they got into another fight.At one point in the film you stated you were getting some distance but you were completely out of icon range with them at the time,which puts you over 6k away.I understand the concept of extending but there's a certain distance that at which you are no longer extending but running.

Having had one encounter with Gunzo in the DA, I can say I would take anything he says with a grain of salt.  He wanted to nothing but BnZ, travelling out 2-2.5K to zoom back in on my Hurri.  That's a viable situation in the MA, its just not the point of the DA for me.  I want to practise ACM with good pilots, so after about 5 or 6 times chasing after him, I got bored wasting my time,  Now while I did NOT formally inform him in triplicate that I was breaking off the fight, I did say something like, "if all you're gonna do is BnZ, I'm done".  Afterwhich, I turned back to land, needed to refuel soon anyway.  He was so far away at that point, that it took him until I had just made my first gear down bounce on the runway, before he finally caught up and shot me down.

I admit I was surprised that anyone would consider a fight still on when someone is actually landing, but whatever.  I complained a bit of course, and his response was (to paraphrase) "if you fight with me, you fight to the end", and some other equally forgetable comments.  No name calling, just defining his generally poor, unfriendly attitude.  At least that's the way it seemed to me at the time.  Wasn't worth any more consideration, so I ignored him for the rest of the day.  

Now for me, I'll often give someone who's seriously wounded and obviously trying to extend and evade the inevitable, the opportunity to land the 'dead duck'.  After all, its not about scoring the kill, its about beating the other's position with ACM.  Gunzo doesn't seem to have that sense of the experience that I and  many others do.  Its his nickel, I just don't have to spend any of mine on him.

And if someone seems to break off, I'll ask if he's still "in" or not, and respect whatever the situation now is.  Its not like any kills or scores in the DA mean a damn thing.  Its for fun, friendship, respect, and learning that I fly there.

So, if Gunzo wants to BnZ in the DA where most go to work on ACM (which to a greater degree is TnB), then that's fine for him.  He just doesn't get to do it with me.  Also, he's entitled to any attitude we wants, including not giving (or getting) any respect, or showing any 'dueling honor', and that's fine too.

But I personally, would not take anything he says here at face value.  I've been in the DA when he was there on a couple of other occasions and haven't noticed him TnB-ing.  I could be wrong, but for him it, looking good seems to be paramount, which is confirmed by the fact he started this self-grandizing post in the first place.
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
Dogfighting Etiquette?
« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2006, 12:10:27 AM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV
wtf is going on here?

who the hell is gunzo?

EXACTLY!!!       Who cares?   LMAO
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
Dogfighting Etiquette?
« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2006, 03:07:15 AM »
Yeah who cares, I'm the best player here anyways. We all know that:aok
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Gunzo

• Copper Member
Dogfighting Etiquette?
« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2006, 07:51:04 AM »
Originally posted by Sloehand
Having had one encounter with Gunzo in the DA, I can say I would take anything he says with a grain of salt.  He wanted to nothing but BnZ, travelling out 2-2.5K to zoom back in on my Hurri.  That's a viable situation in the MA, its just not the point of the DA for me.

Yep, but what you forgot to mention was that I was flying an F4U1, against your Hurri, and I wouldn't normally choose to fight a Hurri or a Zeke in an F4U in the DA because of the style of fight, but you checked my six first, and not wanting to refuse any fights, I accepted. Now, getting into a continuous turning fight in an F4U against a Hurri isn't very smart. Yes, the F4U1 will turn with the Hurri, but only at high speed, and at low speed only for a short time.

Of course fighting Hurri's and Zekes in an F4U1 is perfectly viable, and an almost certain kill for the F4U1 if it is flown correctly. That means flying it the way it was flown for real in the Pacific, attacking, extending far enough away to reverse for a follow up attack, and repeating until the bandit is dead. In real life though, Head On shots were common, but since the HO is frowned on in the DA, I was using a modified version of that tactic, involving turning with you as long as possible, getting on your six every time, but not quite getting the shot. Then then just extended far enough  to repeat, and on and on until someone made a mistake.

That's much different from BnZ, which would have meant a similar, but perhaps even greater extension, a reversal and guns attack, with no real attempt to turn any longer than necessary for guns tracking. It would have probably been even smarter to extend far enough to ensure a good E advantage to rope you or use pure BnZ. That may have been even smarter, but it wasn't what I was doing.

The problem was, you had no idea how to counter. Chasing an extending bandit that you can't possibly catch is dumb. You had two far better options.

First, if you want an extending bandit to reverse, you should let them extend, while grabbing E in another direction, to tease them back in, that has the advantage that you don't have to wait forever while they try to get enough separation for a reversal, and you can gain far more energy that way than you can in a tail chase, so you would would have even more maneuvering potential when they came back. Secondly, because you were always going to have less E, you could have used that to counter the attack with a scissors, for a snapshot at the initial stage of the extension.

If you had attempted to do either of those things it would have signalled to me that you had a clue about ACM, and would have made a much better and shorter fight. But no... you didn't even counter the lead turns properly, which is why I was always on your tail... You always picked the worst option available. It was only the pure turn rate of the Hurri that saved you.

I complained a bit of course, and his response was (to paraphrase) "if you fight with me, you fight to the end", and some other equally forgetable comments.  No name calling, just defining his generally poor, unfriendly attitude.

To me it just looked like you were flying the Hurri so you could duel guys in planes that wouldn't turn with you, hoping for easy kills. It looked like you were expecting an easy kill from an F4U and instead you got a fight you couldn't win, and when you saw that, you tried to end the fight for no apparent good reason. If you had put up a good fight and asked to break off I would have agreed, but it just looked like after some dweeby flying, you were just trying to chicken out and save yourself by landing.  

Gunzo doesn't seem to have that sense of the experience that I and  many others do.
:rofl :rofl

But I personally, would not take anything he says here at face value.  I've been in the DA when he was there on a couple of other occasions and haven't noticed him TnB-ing.

Then watch those films, look at names on the pelts, then say I don't TnB like a true TopGunzo  :lol

Gunzo
Quote from: Changeup
1. Gunzo was world-class
Quote from: PJ_Godzilla
2. What name was Gunzo flying under when he last rolled you over and made you his beeotch?
Quote from: Midway
3. I can not be more certain about the fact that Badboy is not Gunzo

Offline Gunzo

• Copper Member
Dogfighting Etiquette?
« Reply #94 on: February 28, 2006, 07:56:37 AM »
Originally posted by MOIL
That will be a cold day in hell my friend

That's what I hoped you would say:aok  

Just don't complain about it later.

Top-Gunzo
1. Gunzo was world-class
2. What name was Gunzo flying under when he last rolled you over and made you his beeotch?

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
Dogfighting Etiquette?
« Reply #95 on: February 28, 2006, 02:42:42 PM »
Originally posted by Gunzo
Yep, but what you forgot to mention was that I was flying an F4U1, against your Hurri, and I wouldn't normally choose to fight a Hurri or a Zeke in an F4U in the DA because of the style of fight, but you checked my six first, and not wanting to refuse any fights, I accepted.

Well, we just found out you are a comsumate liar.  Why? Cause as a rule, I don't initially Check 6 people in the DA that I don't know.  Never.  I take off and fly around the base observing the other fights, until someone engages me first.  Why?  Casuse I use the DA as a recruiting venue, and I have a specific way of doing it, part of which is I NEVER start a duel with someone I don't know.
Once I've had my first fight with someone new to me, I might be the one to offer an engagement after that, but not if I've never fought him before.  Therefore you just lied about how our engagement started as you've lied about how it progressed.  You are so pitiful in your lies.  
And by the way, I don't know what you were flying cause it never came close enough for me to identify.  And I did "chase" you (actually just turned into you and followed, waiting for your next dive) thinking you wanted a real duel, but you (trying to take advantage of nobody in the DA ever expecting a BnZ coward) engaged me first, and then started your run around tactics, which were easy to avoid.
Needless to say, lame and loser doesn't begin to cover you, but its the best HiTech will let me express here.
Jagdgeschwader 77

Offline Gunzo

• Copper Member
Dogfighting Etiquette?
« Reply #96 on: February 28, 2006, 04:31:36 PM »
Originally posted by Sloehand the AH Information Minister
(Image removed from quote.)

you are a comsumate liar.  Therefore you just lied about how our engagement started as you've lied about how it progressed.  You are so pitiful in your lies.

Damn that's funny stuff. :rofl :rofl

Gunzo
1. Gunzo was world-class

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Dogfighting Etiquette?
« Reply #97 on: February 28, 2006, 04:48:26 PM »
Yep, but what you forgot to mention was that I was flying an F4U1, against your Hurri, and I wouldn't normally choose to fight a Hurri or a Zeke in an F4U in the DA because of the style of fight, but you checked my six first, and not wanting to refuse any fights, I accepted. Now, getting into a continuous turning fight in an F4U against a Hurri isn't very smart. Yes, the F4U1 will turn with the Hurri, but only at high speed, and at low speed only for a short time.

Of course fighting Hurri's and Zekes in an F4U1 is perfectly viable, and an almost certain kill for the F4U1 if it is flown correctly. That means flying it the way it was flown for real in the Pacific, attacking, extending far enough away to reverse for a follow up attack, and repeating until the bandit is dead. In real life though, Head On shots were common, but since the HO is frowned on in the DA, I was using a modified version of that tactic, involving turning with you as long as possible, getting on your six every time, but not quite getting the shot. Then then just extended far enough  to repeat, and on and on until someone made a mistake.

That's much different from BnZ, which would have meant a similar, but perhaps even greater extension, a reversal and guns attack, with no real attempt to turn any longer than necessary for guns tracking. It would have probably been even smarter to extend far enough to ensure a good E advantage to rope you or use pure BnZ. That may have been even smarter, but it wasn't what I was doing.

The problem was, you had no idea how to counter. Chasing an extending bandit that you can't possibly catch is dumb. You had two far better options.

First, if you want an extending bandit to reverse, you should let them extend, while grabbing E in another direction, to tease them back in, that has the advantage that you don't have to wait forever while they try to get enough separation for a reversal, and you can gain far more energy that way than you can in a tail chase, so you would would have even more maneuvering potential when they came back. Secondly, because you were always going to have less E, you could have used that to counter the attack with a scissors, for a snapshot at the initial stage of the extension.

If you had attempted to do either of those things it would have signalled to me that you had a clue about ACM, and would have made a much better and shorter fight. But no... you didn't even counter the lead turns properly, which is why I was always on your tail... You always picked the worst option available. It was only the pure turn rate of the Hurri that saved you.

To me it just looked like you were flying the Hurri so you could duel guys in planes that wouldn't turn with you, hoping for easy kills. It looked like you were expecting an easy kill from an F4U and instead you got a fight you couldn't win, and when you saw that, you tried to end the fight for no apparent good reason. If you had put up a good fight and asked to break off I would have agreed, but it just looked like after some dweeby flying, you were just trying to chicken out and save yourself by landing.  

:rofl :rofl

Then watch those films, look at names on the pelts, then say I don't TnB like a true TopGunzo  :lol

Gunzo

Harboring these feelings on the F4U-1, you have obviously missed something.   The planes are an extension of your ability.  Gimme 25% fuel and I WILL turn Hurry's (except mk 1).   You obviously don't know about much of the drivel you spew.   Hell, in the MA, I was turnfighting (stall buzzer lit up) in an F-8.  This is one of the LAST planes I should have been doing it in, but I was and landed a few killz.  I don't have to watch a second of the films to know the following.

You seem to be "feigning talent" by trolling in a shades account.  I've been flying for 4 years and have NEVER seen you in the MA under "Gunzo".   My guess, this BBS handle is a cover for who you are in the MA.  

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
Dogfighting Etiquette?
« Reply #98 on: February 28, 2006, 05:02:40 PM »
and the DA. he uses it as an ingame shades too. he's just a loser. not worth any more time

Offline Gunzo

• Copper Member
Dogfighting Etiquette?
« Reply #99 on: February 28, 2006, 05:16:34 PM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
Gimme 25% fuel and I WILL turn Hurry's (except mk 1).  

Wow. you must be good :lol

You obviously don't know about much of the drivel you spew.

Obviously not :lol

Hell, in the MA, I was turnfighting (stall buzzer lit up) in an F-8.  

Wow, I'm impressed :rofl

You seem to be "feigning talent" by trolling in a shades account.

You can't feign tallent, films don't lie.

My guess, this BBS handle is a cover for who you are in the MA.  
Strange, nobody else seems to agree with you :lol

Gunzo
1. Gunzo was world-class

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
Dogfighting Etiquette?
« Reply #100 on: February 28, 2006, 06:14:06 PM »

Obviously not :lol

Wow, I'm impressed :rofl

You can't feign tallent, films don't lie.

Strange, nobody else seems to agree with you :lol

Gunzo

meh, you're proving his point dumbarse

trying to argue with a bunch of people, trying to make out like you're real good. even if you were as good as you make out, the way you do it means noone likes you. i bet it's the same in RL too

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
Dogfighting Etiquette?
« Reply #101 on: February 28, 2006, 07:31:05 PM »
Wow Gunzo...your really a self centered egotistical hatful sounding person. And , I would venture to say those are your good qualities.

You MUST fly with your feet. All that self back slapping your doing how can you possibly find time to fly? I would think it takes 2 arms to do what you do here.

Hey though , what ever blows your skirt up :rolleyes:
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Dogfighting Etiquette?
« Reply #102 on: March 01, 2006, 03:33:10 AM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
Gimme 25% fuel and I WILL turn Hurry's (except mk 1).

Hehe, had a fun over 5 minute fight in my Corsair the other day. Against a HMk2D, treetop, stall horn blazing, flaps, gear, the works. Was a great one (pity i forgot to tape it). Never found out who it was either, a second Hurri showed up that got me. This just shows its *quite* possible.... always depending on the Hurr driver of course.

And Gunzo, no, im not really good, so it cant be that. Must be the plane ;).

PS: Redtop, thats why i never wear a skirt when flying ;).

*runs off to pluck the hook out of her upper lip*
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Gunzo

• Copper Member
Dogfighting Etiquette?
« Reply #103 on: March 01, 2006, 04:26:01 PM »
Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner!

There have been some great performances, but the real star here is Bagdad Pootard, with this amazing string of invective... And all because he got his butt kicked... Enjoy!

Originally posted by Bagdad Pootard

you are digging your own grave

you are obviously clueless

you are an energy potato

you are, a try hard loser

so yeah, STFU

he's a total dweeb

you aren't a member of this community

you're just some noob that's trying to look cool

you're a hotshot, uber l33t pileit

you have no friends because of this stupid attitude of yours

you are a dweeb with a bad attitude

you've made yourself a lot of enemies in a day

just shut up and go some place else

you're a lame smack talking dweeb

gunzo, you are full of s**t.

saying he went of sulking is total balls

you are a joke

some stuck up, rude tard

i am older than you, and even if it is only by a small amount, i am vastly more mature

he's a tard

he is a tool, and a really busted up rusty tool at that

i cherry picked my poo account

i cherry picked my poo account, and then acted like an arse to everyone, because i want to prove i am teh leet 1 !!!!!

he's just a loser

I would like to thank the Ltards, for the new perspective on Dweebery... Thanks guys, and just when I thought I'd seen it all.

I would like to say a big thank you to the Eurotard, EagleDweebs for being such good fun, and providing me with so many laughs, and even more kills.

It has been fun, but sadly all the big fish have left, and its time to throw the small fry back... Be careful pulling out the hooks, Pooface may need surgery to extract his, but don't worry the scars soon heal.

No really... It was fun guys, and way too easy :lol

Gunzo
1. Gunzo was world-class

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
Dogfighting Etiquette?
« Reply #104 on: March 01, 2006, 04:30:08 PM »
hahahah!!!!

funny thing is that aint me.. :D

i look more like this: but it's still an old photo

like i said, old, and poor quality, but hey, better than nothing, unlike mr gunzo