Author Topic: How do I get a trainer  (Read 327 times)

Offline BC10015

• Zinc Member
How do I get a trainer
« on: February 21, 2006, 08:01:16 PM »
I am a dues paying member and would like to work with a trainer.  I seem to be doing the same thing all the time and it does not work.  Landing is the big problem.  Ben

Offline ClevMan

• Copper Member
How do I get a trainer
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 08:45:09 PM »
Hey, buddy...  All you need to do is go to the Training Arena and there is usually a trainer in there who is willing to help you.  If you look on the roster, there will be certain people labeled Aces High Trainer Corps.  They are really good sticks that can give you help...  

There's not always someone in there.  So, if you need, go to the Main Arena and ask on Channel 200 if anyone is available to help for a few minutes.  Usually, someone will give you a few minutes of time.

As for landing...  The basics are, get below 200 to drop gear, and slower than that to drop flaps...  Chop throttle when close to the tarmac and pull the nose up to bleed off airspeed to almost stall and let the aircraft settle to the ground.  Space bar to hit the brakes...  (don't worry if the stall warning horn blasts at you, it's normal).

Hope this helps...  <>

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
How do I get a trainer
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 10:43:39 PM »
send an email to
trainers@hitechcreations.com
and set up a training time.  they'll be glad to help.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
How do I get a trainer
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2006, 04:59:25 AM »
Whens a good time to meet?

Offline BC10015

• Zinc Member
How do I get a trainer
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2006, 11:51:51 AM »
Originally posted by Ghosth
Whens a good time to meet?

Normally around 10am.  Or I can meet most evenings around 7pm MST

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
How do I get a trainer
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2006, 03:24:55 PM »
Originally posted by ClevMan

As for landing...  The basics are, get below 200 to drop gear, and slower than that to drop flaps...  Chop throttle when close to the tarmac and pull the nose up to bleed off airspeed to almost stall and let the aircraft settle to the ground.  Space bar to hit the brakes...  (don't worry if the stall warning horn blasts at you, it's normal).

Hope this helps...  <>

Also, as you slow on the runway pull back your stick to lock the tailwheel. Helps keep you from running off the runway.

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs