Author Topic: Eny  (Read 853 times)

Offline Elyeh

• Nickel Member
Eny
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2006, 01:58:15 PM »
Still dont get this eny... Last night Bish had 56, Knights and rooks had 75 &76......but this Bish had an eny for about 2 mins.....

Offline MadSquirrel

• Copper Member
Eny
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2006, 02:40:18 PM »
Yup.  LTAR noticed that too.  Must be that new math.

Or part of the "Constant updates and additions keep the game fresh." stuff of the past.  But it wasn't to long and didn't effect us very much.  I still think eny has a problem when one can't even up any bombers or Defensive Armor.  There needs to be exclusions.

My thoughts.

LTARsqrl  <>

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Eny
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2006, 05:28:49 PM »
Ask yourself this: overall, what beneficial effect would that (allowing the horde to have unrestricted heavy bombers and tanks) have on gameplay as a whole? What would be the detrimental effect of an ENY restriction that wasn't actually a restriction?
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Elyeh

• Nickel Member
Eny
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2006, 05:50:28 PM »
Huh?

Why did the country with less players get an eny restriction?

makes no sense

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Eny
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2006, 10:40:36 PM »
FWIW, I'll believe the claim of ENY kicking in for the low numbered country when I see some sort of proof. Grizwart was screaming about ENY being a "bunch of f**king BS" tonight. At that time, knits had about 200 ppl on, rooks 180, and bish 120-130. He stated that the rooks had 80 more ppl on, and that the system was bs.

While this rant carried on for several minutes, the simple fact of the matter, in this case, was that ENY wasn't broken; he apparently misread the numbers. I suspect the same thing happened last night.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney

Offline MadSquirrel

• Copper Member
Eny
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2006, 03:34:39 AM »
I didn't say Unrestricted Bombers or Tanks.  As it is, they get none.  

Allow them something.  Even if it is Light or Medium buffs and Panzers.  Other side can up all the Tigers and Buff killers for little to no perks.  But it is at least it's a chance to defend.

As a Knight, I remember many times that the ENY wouldn't allow us Buffs or Flaks or Armor.

ENY has it's place, but it can get out of control when ENY is over 30.

As for the ENY being mis-read last night, a bunch of us must have mis-read it then.  Wasn't just one or two people.

LTARsqrl  <>
:confused:

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Eny
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2006, 11:47:40 AM »
Huge group log off to see if they could enable ENY, then log back in while you guys were all in p40bs? I'm not trying to say you're lying, just that I've seen and heard all sorts of claims of bugs, and things not working correctly, and seen many strange things myself. However, almost all turned out to be without any basis in fact, or there was no indication they'd happened at all (some were blatant lies), and many others weren't bugs, as such, so much as things for which the root causes weren't readily apparent.

Cheap perk rides don't necessarily mean an even fight. 20 panzers vs 1 tiger isn't much better than 20 panzers vs 1 panzers. If bombers are allowed, and GVs and fighters are restricted, you can pretty much count on the underdog not having any hangars, making the comparatively cheap perk rides a moot point.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 11:52:09 AM by hubsonfire »
mook
++Blue Knights++

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
Eny
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2006, 01:33:32 PM »
I would've thought the nme would've kicked in by now....least a tad bit. :D