Author Topic: vox is all messed up  (Read 395 times)

Offline GIXXERjr

• Zinc Member
vox is all messed up
« on: February 26, 2006, 03:07:18 AM »
I just noticed a day or two ago that both my channel and area vox are not working properly.  When i talk i can hear myself talking, and other people sound like they are on reverb to me.  This only seems to happen when both my dad (GIXXER) and i are playing at the same time.  I re-installed AH and that didn't seem to help with anything either.  To me it seems pretty strange because the game sound is fine, it is only the vox that is screwed up.  Any suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
vox is all messed up
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 05:45:21 AM »
If you have the speaker icon in your system tray, double click on it. Under microphone make sure MUTE is checked.

If it's not in the icon tray, the settings are in Sounds and Audio Devices in the Control Panel.

If your dad is in the same room, be sure his is also checked.
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline GIXXERjr

• Zinc Member
vox is all messed up
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 03:54:59 PM »
both the mute boxes on my dad and mines sound options is checked and i'm still getting reverb while hearing myself.  Do you our anyone else have any other suggesions?

Offline Schutt

• Silver Member
vox is all messed up
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 04:21:20 PM »
Gixxer, are you and your Dad in the same room playing or is it only the same subnet?

Offline GIXXERjr

• Zinc Member
vox is all messed up
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2006, 05:00:10 PM »
I play and my room and my dad plays out in our living room which is down the hall from my room.  We use cable highspeed internet and we also have a wireless router.  So if your asking if we play on the same internet connection, then yes.  Neither of us experience this problem when just one of us are playing, but when we play at the same time we come across this problem.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
vox is all messed up
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2006, 08:56:52 PM »
Chances are the router you are using does not have full support for NAT (network address translation) using UDP.  It is not an uncommon issue with consumer routers.

There are only a couple on the market, I am aware of, which have full NAT support for UDP.  Mortorola makes one of them.

Check with you router manufacturer and see if they have an upgrade which has full NAT support for UDP.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline GIXXERjr

• Zinc Member
vox is all messed up
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2006, 01:10:40 AM »
thanks skuzzy