Author Topic: Newsflash: KS is on in the DA  (Read 1033 times)

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
Newsflash: KS is on in the DA
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2006, 11:32:04 PM »
I will admit. Mafia used to have our own KOTH in thje DA from time to time for fun and practice... But that wont be possible anymore. :(

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2006, 11:50:16 PM »
Originally posted by Sloehand

What should HiTech do?
At a minimum...
1. Canvas the veteran community and come up with the standard rules of engagement we fly by in there, and then post them in the MOTD, JUST AS THEY DO IN THE TA TODAY!  Really a tough one there.
2. Ask for additional veteran volunteers to be "DA observers" that may or may not have ejection priveleges.
3. Publicly provide the guidelines for punishment of offenders, i.e.
1st time, ejection from DA for 24 hours,
2nd time, suspension from AH for 48 hours.  
3rd time, loss of account and black listing of credit card holder AND IPAddress.
4. Restrict two week trial members to the TA and MA until they start paying.  Part of the training in the TA should include the instruction of the DA, its use and rules.
Couldn't agree more.
It's really a no brainer to fix DA. Why HTC can't do that is mistery.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2006, 11:59:37 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
Jesus :eek: Lighten up, Francis. If you're as committed to all of this stuff as you say you are, you'll find a way to overcome this towering obstacle.

The DA makes HTC no money. Spending much time on it is a waste of resources.

And this is something that the player community should handle on its own instead of crying for mommy and daddy.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2006, 12:08:44 AM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
And this is something that the player community should handle on its own instead of crying for mommy and daddy.
Ahh, and how can that be done? Are you saying that vulching the vulchers in DA is community work?

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2006, 12:31:07 AM »
If you're as committed to all of this stuff as you say you are, you'll find a way to overcome this towering obstacle.

I did Hubsonfire.  Its that post, which I hope HiTech reads.  Its giving my honest, CONSTRUCTIVE, opinion to try to improve the whole AH2 experience for everyone.  I may be right, and I may be wrong, but I'm trying help everyone out -- me, the other people who hate the old AND new situation in the DA, and HiTech too.  If I/we don't provide this feedback they will never know how I/we feel.

Hub, please feel free to respond with another stupid, juvenile, disparaging or frivilous comment (your choice of any one, or all four).  Troll, troll, troll, your boat.   :)
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2006, 01:00:24 AM »

Exactly

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2006, 01:17:35 AM »
Originally posted by Sloehand
I did Hubsonfire.  Its that post, which I hope HiTech reads.  Its giving my honest, CONSTRUCTIVE, opinion to try to improve the whole AH2 experience for everyone.  I may be right, and I may be wrong, but I'm trying help everyone out -- me, the other people who hate the old AND new situation in the DA, and HiTech too.  If I/we don't provide this feedback they will never know how I/we feel.

Hub, please feel free to respond with another stupid, juvenile, disparaging or frivilous comment (your choice of any one, or all four).  Troll, troll, troll, your boat.   :)

Trying to discredit my response as a troll neither invalidates my reasonable suggestion, nor adds any validity to yours.  I maintain the simplest fix is making it a subscriber arena. In fact, were you to read, you'd see I've already said that. Resetting the DA, as you've requested, to the prior setup which proved to be a PITA for many, wouldn't be helping everyone out, which you claim to be trying to do. It would be causing the same problems all over again. Nice troll.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2006, 02:11:32 AM »

Wrong, but thanks for playing. I know more than a few guys who prefer the DA to any other arena. I myself spend about 1/2 my time in there. While it definatley isn't the big money maker, it keeps some of us still paying/playing when the MA gets boring.

And DMax, it's not 1/2 a grid. It's a whole grid. Granted, it's still not that much time but it's a heck of a lot longer than just upping with a friend, seperating 3k and fighting.

I don't know why they just can't install a mod or 2 with trainer privilages.
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2006, 02:56:53 AM »
Originally posted by SuperDud

I don't know why they just can't install a mod or 2 with trainer privilages.

If theyll pay me 5$ per hour, ill do it 12/24 a day. Theyll just need a second "idiot" to do the same and cover the rest of time :p. :D

I dont like the KS solution either (i practice takeoff and climbout enough in the MA...), but i guess it solves the prob temporarily. In the long run i certainly hope therell be found a way to turn KS back off.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Speed55

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2006, 03:38:51 AM »
First time in the DA, and this happens.

ok. so i got track ir the other day, and am fine tuning the check 6 view in offline mode this morning.. I figure the DA would be the place to go to get into a few quick good fights, and see if i need any more adjustments.
I'm on the runway in a 109f... i get vulched!
I wasn't sure what happened, upped again, get vulched again.
i ask on range, and on 200, what's going on, and get no answer.

I take off from another base, come into the first field at 10k, and ask if anyone wants to duel.... no answer, lol.
Drop down to about 4k, and get check 6'd, look behind me and some guy is chasing me.. i tell him on range, i will duel you, but lets get some seperation and do it right. he follows me and starts shooting, i get annoyed and reverse, and wind up 200 behind him.. i check 6 him about 10 times, which was funnier than just killing him, and he flies away.

finally someone asks me if i want to duel.. i say sure..  i get checked 6'd by a guy in a f4u, i turn around and the guy is about 2k away and closing on me.. well i check 6 him back just so i could fight, and i lose... no biggie.
same guy asks if i want to fight again.. i say ok.. basically the same thing happens, except this time some other guy is flying around behind me, along with the guy im fighting. we get into a few maneuvers, and im not sure who is who, lol, but i know that the guy i was fighting got shot down by the guy that was following me.

The guy that got shot down asks why. The guy that shot him down says, because you shot at me, this is the guy that was following me during the fight. The guy i was dueling gets pissed, and to his defense, he isnt at fault here.

Anyway, one of those two said they were calling HT.. i guess they did.
Two minutes later, hitech, or skuzzy, i cant remember which, on channel 200 says killshooter is now on.

So from what i read here, the DA was supposed to be a place where two guys could get into a duel, have some fun, and learn a little bit.. i downloaded those nomak fights when i first started, and didnt bother with the DA until today, because i figured i'd get my butt handed to me.

Anyway, this whole ordeal was about 15 min, and i guess i wont be going back there anytime soon, thanks to people that are either too young or too stupid to understand some very basic rules.
"The lord loves a hangin', that's why he gave us necks." - Ren & Stimpy

Ingame- Ozone

Offline Kwan

• Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2006, 07:45:19 AM »
Maybe there is a switch or it can be COADED so that KS is off for squad members only.  :)

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2006, 08:00:35 AM »
I was in there last night (I never go in the DA) just to watch the KS in action. There was mass carnage.

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2006, 08:32:54 AM »
I know the kiddies will often go to the DA from the TA.

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2006, 08:36:25 AM »
KS is a BAD thing for the DA ... it needs Mods just like the TA ... its just that simple.

I agree with everything that Sloehand wrote.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."