Author Topic: How Deep is AH Hell?  (Read 887 times)

Offline MINNOW

• Copper Member
How Deep is AH Hell?
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2006, 04:33:39 PM »
The best AH hell moment for me, was when a squaddie and I took PT boats to a city to blow the hell out of it... of course a total scorepotato move but it was funny

So we spawned out and in the water there was a hill of water in front of the city. We headed over to get closer to the town and off the edge into AH hell.......  

Nothing quite like a PT boat screaming for a few minutes into a watery hell

:aok

Offline Bullethead

• Silver Member
      • http://people.delphiforums.com/jtweller
How Deep is AH Hell?
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2006, 05:31:08 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty
While a hilarious write-up it's inaccurate. Above a certain altitude you cannot see the earth (haze kicks in). Above 95k your plane disappears for some reason (but it still there, descending to below 95k makes it reappear).

You can test this yourself offline with wind updraft and a lot of free time.

I haven't tried for an alt record in AH2, but in AH1 it used to be as Rolex said.  Your plane never disappeared and you never got away from seeing a white ball down there somewhere, although it got VERY small sometimes if you were WAY up there.  Another thing in AH1 was what we called the 75k Speedbump.  When you reached that alt, the flight model had a glitch that suddenly slammed your TAS down to match your IAS.  This was a big enough bump to kill you sometimes, and it almost always blacked you out if you were going straight up at 600+ TAS in a 163 when this happened :).  Of course, with the TAS much lower than it should have been, your ROC dropped a lot at this point and never recovered.  This put 100k out of reach for a 163 starting at 0 ASL with normal fuel burn.  Of course, at the 2nd AH Con when they 1st appeared, we had practically unlimited fuel for the Evil Mission, so got up above 150k before getting bored.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
How Deep is AH Hell?
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2006, 05:44:28 PM »
Originally posted by MINNOW
The best AH hell moment for me, was when a squaddie and I took PT boats to a city to blow the hell out of it... of course a total scorepotato move but it was funny

So we spawned out and in the water there was a hill of water in front of the city. We headed over to get closer to the town and off the edge into AH hell.......  

Nothing quite like a PT boat screaming for a few minutes into a watery hell

:aok

You can do that whenever you want. Go offline or to H2H, grab a PT and ram it into the angled part of the lower stern on a CV and keep turning into it. It'll shove your nose down and you'll either shoot straight up into the air and fall back down or pierce the wall of AH Hell and fall for eternity.

The High-Alt trick can be done offline with God's Eye view.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline outbreak

• Nickel Member
How Deep is AH Hell?
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2006, 12:42:37 PM »
Originally posted by Martyn
In AH I'm a peaceful farmer - with nasty war going on all around me - it IS hell!

My cows hide in the trees, my chickens cower in the (burnt out) farm house and as for my sheep! Well, they are just as frightened of downed Nit pilots as they are of the bombs.

LOL

Hey man Sheep are Hot, Specially to a Loco nit pilot who just got shot down, Come here sheepy!:p :t :t

Offline jaxxo

• Silver Member
How Deep is AH Hell?
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2006, 01:00:48 PM »
hehehe rolex