Author Topic: Interesting find, the map reset kills lost...  (Read 264 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Interesting find, the map reset kills lost...
« on: March 03, 2006, 01:01:41 PM »
When the war is won and the map resets, if you have any kills you have to ditch/die/crash/land the sortie before the arena shuts down, or they are not recorded. Well I had a 7-kill C205 sortie last time that happened, and was GOING to eject but ... that "just one more kill" mentality got to me and I didn't make it in time.

I don't often check "score" scores, I'm more interested in plane types killed, in the expanded stats score. I noticed that the 7 kills were listed in the expanded stats, but then I checked the "pilot score" and it's 7 kills light, the 7 from the sortie when the arena reset.

So, my question is, "If the kills are in the logs, if the kills are recorded, why aren't they applied to the overall score?"

Mind you, it's a curious question, not a whine not a request. I don't check the "score" very often, as it tells me very little. As long as the Expanded stats shows things accurately I'm happy.

I just thought this was an inconsistency, and was wondering why this is so.

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 08:08:03 AM »
always been that way.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006, 01:36:42 PM »
Yes, and I'm just asking "Why has it always been that way". :)

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2006, 08:57:54 AM »
my guess would be that many times in a map reset, the fields also reset.  I have found myself after a reset surrounded by enemy fields with no hope to get to a friendly field to land within 5min.

THAT is probably the reason.  many times during a reset the option to land at a friendly field just isn't available to you.

In the future, if you WANT the kills, ditch it.  Sure not as many points, but u still get credit, and won't count as a death.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2006, 09:40:34 AM »
My guess is that the expanded stats are recorded imediatly as there are no score or perk calcs to make at end of flight. Since the host resets any open flight is lost as unsaved data. It does remember that you upped but doesn't know what to do with the rest of the info. Seems like it would just consider it a disco. And do you loose credit for objects distroyed as well? They are tied to how you endded flight also.
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"