Author Topic: napalm  (Read 997 times)

Offline EzzyDuzIt

• Zinc Member
napalm
« on: March 02, 2006, 10:08:32 PM »
NAPALM!!!:t  i think this should have a place in AH 2. it was used in iwojima and okinawa. it could be made so buildings hit with it are on fire for 15 seconds before exploding. it could also be good against troops. so what do other people think?

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
napalm
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 10:15:43 PM »
napalm is an anti personnel weapon, meant to eliminate foot soldiers in hidden/entrenched places.

AH has no hidden places, it has no entrenched places and it has no foot soldiers. Napalm = nonentity.

Offline RAIDER14

• Gold Member
napalm
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 10:18:54 PM »
napalm has been requested before and all that fire might kill frame rates

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
napalm
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 10:19:31 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty
napalm is an anti personnel weapon, meant to eliminate foot soldiers in hidden/entrenched places.

AH has no hidden places, it has no entrenched places and it has no foot soldiers. Napalm = nonentity.

Well, Mossies did use it against parked aircraft and airfield buildings, but with no parked aircraft ...
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
napalm
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 10:23:33 PM »
Napalm is also useful against GV's. We do have ground troops. They are dropped on towns, and they are housed in huts on bases. Hell, model the effects of fire on a carrier. A lot of ships burned, and the fire caused explosions that sank them. Napalm on wood flight decks has possibilities.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
napalm
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2006, 10:27:46 PM »
well if you can get napalm to the troops being dropped on a town, you can just as easily strafe them :P

Offline SMIDSY

• Silver Member
napalm
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2006, 11:07:23 PM »
napalm+tank=pressure cooker. it also melts tracks and overheats engines like a giant molotov coctail.

case in point, brazen bull, a hollow metal bull that was placed over a fire and a man put inside it to be executed.

Offline dizman

• Zinc Member
napalm
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2006, 07:20:51 PM »
Didn't the B-29's drop napalm down on the Japanese houses and towns? Wooden houses + napalm = no more town. Good for anti tank too.

Offline EzzyDuzIt

• Zinc Member
napalm
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2006, 10:59:44 PM »
the b-29's didn't drop napalm on japan. what they dropped was like a cluster bomb that had a bunch of incenderary sticks in them. can't remeber what they were called though.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
napalm
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2006, 12:44:04 AM »
Firebombs
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline SMIDSY

• Silver Member
napalm
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2006, 12:17:51 PM »
i think they were M-79 or M-17 incindiary bombs. but actually those were filled with napalm, so yes, B-29s did drop napalm.

Offline Tails

• Nickel Member
napalm
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2006, 12:21:50 PM »
Originally posted by Saxman
Firebombs

Yup. White Phosphorous incendiaries. Dont even need a fuse for it either, the impact spreads the WP from the ruptured case, which ignites on contact with air. Or you give it an air-bursting fuse and spread the WP over a small area.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2006, 12:26:17 PM by Tails »
BBTT KTLI KDRU HGQK GDKA SODA HMQP ACES KQTP TLZF LKHQ JAWS SMZJ IDDS RLLS CHAV JEUS BDLI WFJH WQZQ FTXM WUTL KH

(Yup, foxy got an Enigma to play with)

Offline SMIDSY

• Silver Member
napalm
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2006, 02:04:21 PM »
fun fact: White Phosphorous was used in artillery shells and anti-aircraft shells in the war :aok

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
napalm
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2006, 10:45:06 PM »
Napalm fun for the whole family
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
napalm
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2006, 01:56:31 AM »
Imagine the fun of turning the mass of M16s and Ostwinds that up on capped bases when someone doesn't kill the VH so the remaining defenders can hide in an umbrella of uber-ack into a raging inferno of fiery death. WOO!
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.