Author Topic: F4U-1 Corsair/F6F-3  (Read 2583 times)

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
F4U-1 Corsair/F6F-3
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2006, 07:01:08 PM »
For those few of you who keep on about the Seafire, please understand.  For the longest time the CT(now AvA) was ruled by the mindset of "make it as historically accurrate as possible".  The spits tend to throw logistics all out of whack in such a small arena.  I'm not making an argument of whether or not they are better than they should be, just talking reality.  They are one of the easier planes to 'jump in and fly', especially for newer players, and on top of that they are one of those legendary Icons like the Mustang that everyone recognizes right off and wants to fly.  The lesson that was learned was, balance is more important to overall gameplay than being 100% historically accurate (which we never could be anyway with the holes we have in our planeset).  Recently, with well thought out planesets and a good map rotation, the AvA has started to regain some of its old popularity.  I'd like to see it continue to pick up new players and hopefully fill in some of those holes.  I DONT want to see it go back to the way it was.  I hope you can understand, and forgive the lack when they are left out or limited, that your way has been tried and it didnt work.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
F4U-1 Corsair/F6F-3
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2006, 10:02:43 PM »
Originally posted by StarOfAfrica2
I hope you can understand, and forgive the lack when they are left out or limited, that your way has been tried and it didnt work.

What do you mean by "your way" ?

Nobody in this squad asks for Spit in all the setups. We don't put them there , we don't control the plane sets. You have never seen any of us in this discusssion ask for spits to be in any setup before this. In fact this is the first request I've ever made for anything Supermarine.

We asked for the Seafire to be included in a setup featuring the Fleet Air Arm . We are an Fleet Air Arm squad. The Seafire was this squads historical mount, thats why we asked. In fact more then a few of us have offered ideas in the past to help the Japanese setup by including German planes. Most of us have supported almost any idea to make adjustments for the Axis so the arena is more balanced . So we asked , the answers no.  It's not like we asked for the Spit MK whatever you hate most.

Like any other setup this ones not any of ours to decide. Storch said no and the AVA Staff has given him the power to decide.

Oh damn I'll have to fly a Corsair instead.
:p

The horse is dead , let it rot.  So you can take remarks like "your way"  and stick them up your Jolly Roger.

:aok

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

storch

F4U-1 Corsair/F6F-3
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2006, 12:07:28 AM »
shifty no one has given me any such thing.  take some sedatives man, or better yet start a discussion group with mr1%er, it seems you both need a hug.  I'll donate the coffee and donuts, that should bring jester waddling to join you. :D
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 12:24:27 AM by storch »

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
F4U-1 Corsair/F6F-3
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2006, 12:26:14 AM »
Originally posted by Shifty
Like any other setup this ones not any of ours to decide. Storch said no and the AVA Staff has given him the power to decide.

What?:huh

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
F4U-1 Corsair/F6F-3
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2006, 02:03:29 AM »
So, are you guys going to do hellcats and hogs vs LW, or just spits?
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
F4U-1 Corsair/F6F-3
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2006, 02:35:39 AM »
Nothing in my post was an attack Shifty.  Or do you not allow polite discusions if they disagree with your point of view?

"Your way" was specifically aimed at people taking the "all or nothing" route to historic inclusion.  And in no way was it meant to be an attack of any sort.  It was an observation.  I have no dog in this hunt, it makes no difference to me either way if you get your Seafire, I'm just stating why it probably wont be there and a little history to show there is justification for that line of reasoning.  

Now, I'm not sure if you have taken what passes for "discussion" in this forum to heart, and think thats how everyone talks, or if you are really a nasty tempered prettythang in real life, and I dont care.  However, try aiming it at someone else from now on.  Mmmmkay?

storch

F4U-1 Corsair/F6F-3
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2006, 07:01:34 AM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
So, are you guys going to do hellcats and hogs vs LW, or just spits?
we are considering doing any set up which will draw you and your frilly consorts to the arena.  once we have you in our clutches we will pound you into dust then taunt you mercilessly on this bbs for months on end.  It works.  ask urchin. er check that, we are doing nothing of the sort. ummm we just want to see what a battle for a super battleship might look like in cartoonoville.

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
F4U-1 Corsair/F6F-3
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2006, 07:44:15 AM »
Lol... less taunting and more cherrypicking.  

You outta be good at that, eh senor?

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
F4U-1 Corsair/F6F-3
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2006, 07:44:45 AM »
Originally posted by StarOfAfrica2
Nothing in my post was an attack Shifty.  Or do you not allow polite discusions if they disagree with your point of view?

"Your way" was specifically aimed at people taking the "all or nothing" route to historic inclusion.  And in no way was it meant to be an attack of any sort.  It was an observation.  I have no dog in this hunt, it makes no difference to me either way if you get your Seafire, I'm just stating why it probably wont be there and a little history to show there is justification for that line of reasoning.  

Now, I'm not sure if you have taken what passes for "discussion" in this forum to heart, and think thats how everyone talks, or if you are really a nasty tempered prettythang in real life, and I dont care.  However, try aiming it at someone else from now on.  Mmmmkay?

Jeez dude your calling me a nasty tempered prettythang? Did you read any of the other post?? The Jolly Roger thing was a joke.  Wink Thumbs Up
Get it??  then again my sense of humor may be bad.If you don't have a dog in the hunt you might want to stay outta the woods. Everyone is shooting 12 guage **** balls in this area and it's recon by fire.
I'll try and come across more Jolly..... Roger.  <<<<< another attempt at humor.

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

storch

F4U-1 Corsair/F6F-3
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2006, 08:06:39 AM »
SA far from being a nasty tempered bellybutton shifty is a friendly, gracious and civil player.  He's also mighty fine 109 fodder.  It's easy to misconstrue people's intent by what they type.  I didn't get any of what you got from his posts.  Just saying.

storch

F4U-1 Corsair/F6F-3
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2006, 08:11:20 AM »
Originally posted by Urchin
Lol... less taunting and more cherrypicking.  

You outta be good at that, eh senor?
I don't know I must be improving to a minuscule degree.  I mean afterall with you being a 1%er and the absolute undisputed ruler of the cartoon airways and me being one of the denizens of the amoeba slime pit, pulling off a major coup by pounding you down to granules finer than baby powder  has to be considered noteworthy, n'est pas?

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
F4U-1 Corsair/F6F-3
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2006, 08:55:02 AM »
Originally posted by storch
SA far from being a nasty tempered bellybutton shifty is a friendly, gracious and civil player.  He's also mighty fine 109 fodder.  It's easy to misconstrue people's intent by what they type.  I didn't get any of what you got from his posts.  Just saying.

Thanks Storch, actually my fodder is also available for 190's, and 110's.  Check at your local Messerschmitt, and Focke Wulf disributors today.
Also keep an eye out for the new Ocean Pacific Flaming Shifty. Available soon at your Nakajima , Kawasaki and Mitsubishi , retailers.

Like I said earlier let this horse die it's going nowhere. The Corsair , and Hellcat are fine. This was Storches idea ,  it's a good one. Plus most people have expressed interest in it. I think we should fly it . In fact I wish it would get loaded today.

Hint Hint :aok

Offline Platano

• Silver Member
F4U-1 Corsair/F6F-3
« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2006, 10:16:29 AM »
It would be nice if the AvA staff could load it today so it can be flown tonight and during the weekend...
Army of Muppets

Fly Luftwaffe.

Offline bcee

• Copper Member
F4U-1 Corsair/F6F-3
« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2006, 10:28:42 AM »
Originally posted by Platano
It would be nice if the AvA staff could load it today so it can be flown tonight and during the weekend...

Does that mean the ground crew got your ship airworthy again....?

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
F4U-1 Corsair/F6F-3
« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2006, 12:57:45 PM »
My apologies then.  Perhaps my skin has gotten thinner as I age, I just didnt see that one.  Ah well.  Wont be the first time I was wrong, I'm sure it wont be the last.  My ex-wife will be glad to inform you just how many times I've been wrong.  lol