Author Topic: Thks Mr.Bush, for putting my child thru college!  (Read 1747 times)

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
Thks Mr.Bush, for putting my child thru college!
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2001, 01:55:00 PM »
Yet that is not simply "money owed" as in a bunch of people waiting to get their check, Popeye.  It is bonds, etc, on which there is a severe monetary cost for paying off before they mature.

Pay off entire debt as fast as possible?  Horrible economic move.  We need to pay it down to a more reasonable level, at a reasonable pace.  Anyway, back to my last point, I would much rather have them scrambling and worrying about making sure they have enough for that than have them swimming in surplus eyes wide and mouths drooling over potential new projects, and having a completely seperate revenue only for that would be even better.

[ 08-03-2001: Message edited by: Fatty ]

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2001, 02:30:00 PM »
Heh Rip, I get paid for attending university  :).

Offline jihad

• Nickel Member
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2001, 03:32:00 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler:
he'd rather of had gore or that other dem mccaine or another 4 yrs of slick willie   :)

True.. I would have liked to see McCain as president,a *real* man who knows the meaning of personal sacrifice, who didn't shirk his duty to our country.

He's not a beady eyed rat faced little coward who used his daddys money and influence to secure a spot in the national guard to hide from his duty, and from what I understand didn't even make a good showing as a guardsman either.

Now the same punk bellybutton coward used daddys money and influence to reach the presidency and you guys think he's the greatest thing since bottled beer.

The only thing I see is that the GOP is for sale to the highest bidder - thats something to be proud of isn't it?

Republicans are no different than a bunch of crack potatos in that respect.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2001, 03:44:00 PM »
Originally posted by jihad:

True.. I would have liked to see McCain as president,a *real* man who knows the meaning of personal sacrifice, who didn't shirk his duty to our country.

He's not a beady eyed rat faced little coward who used his daddys money and influence to secure a spot in the national guard to hide from his duty, and from what I understand didn't even make a good showing as a guardsman either.

Now the same punk bellybutton coward used daddys money and influence to reach the presidency and you guys think he's the greatest thing since bottled beer.

The only thing I see is that the GOP is for sale to the highest bidder - thats something to be proud of isn't it?

Republicans are no different than a bunch of crack potatos in that respect.

them are fightin words ...
NO politican is better than bottled beer  :)

EVERY politican is bought and paid for, the difference is who is doing the buying.. rather have big business than the red chinese investing in this country's future.

have another hit jihad I mean blur I mean jihad, it'll be ok...
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2001, 04:23:00 PM »
Too funny Jihad!

Please compare "Draft Dodger" Bill's VietNam-era service with Al "My Senator Daddy Got Me a Cushy Typing Job in the Army and and Early Out" Gore's VietNam-era service with Georgie "My Politician Daddy got me a cushy job in the the Air Guard and I got out early too" Bush's Vietnam-era service.

In fact, please review the number of House/Senate members sons that died in the entire VietNam war and compare that to the death rate amongst the sons of "normal" people.

Politicians are politicians. Not a dime's worth of difference between those ugly Republicans and your Sainted Democrats.

Crackpotatos? If so, on both sides. They're all for sale. For instance, check out contributions that originated with the Chinese Army to ... ah.. who's campaign was that?  LOL.. you really think there's a difference?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline jihad

• Nickel Member
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2001, 04:39:00 PM »
Originally posted by Toad:
Too funny Jihad!

Please compare "Draft Dodger" Bill's VietNam-era service with Al "My Senator Daddy Got Me a Cushy Typing Job in the Army and and Early Out" Gore's VietNam-era service with Georgie "My Politician Daddy got me a cushy job in the the Air Guard and I got out early too" Bush's Vietnam-era service.

In fact, please review the number of House/Senate members sons that died in the entire VietNam war and compare that to the death rate amongst the sons of "normal" people.

Politicians are politicians. Not a dime's worth of difference between those ugly Republicans and your Sainted Democrats.

Crackpotatos? If so, on both sides. They're all for sale. For instance, check out contributions that originated with the Chinese Army to ... ah.. who's campaign was that?  LOL.. you really think there's a difference?

Yep as I've said before bubba and goron both suck, the reference is to John McCain, he's 3x the man dubya is..... of course the better part of dubya ran down the sows leg.

:p

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2001, 04:54:00 PM »
Jihad,

I think you are in for some disappointment with McCain.

I've flown with guys who were in the same squadron as he was prior to and during his VietNam experience. Comments haven't really been favorable, sorry to say.

You are aware his dad was an Admiral, correct? Think any favoritism was shown?

He did serve in a combat unit, however. Unlike the other three we discussed.

If you're thinking McCain isn't a typical politician, however....
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2001, 05:07:00 PM »
Wouldn't it be nice if one of those Republicrats got up off his wide flat bellybutton and said:

"All Americans are entitled and obligated to pay no more.. and no less than the next, and to that end I am today submitting a Tax Reform Bill that provides for a one page simplified tax code that applies the same percentage to all wage earners; regardless of income, without exception."

THAT is tax reform... don't increase my taxes... just make it plain that EVERYBODY pays the same percentage. They'll (the gov't) have a heluva lot more tax dollars to play with; without anybody who reads THESE boards sweating out another dime to them.

Not one freakin republican, nor one dipshit democrat will do it tho... political suicide; writ large.

Go ahead; defend yer favoite 'party politicican'. But ask yourself this: "Is this dipshit gonna stand up for us on Tax reform??"

Or would you rather continue kiddin yerselves that the other party's prime amazinhunk is diffrent than yours?

Pick three things that would improve the health of this nation.. fix on THOSE ISSUES, and stay with THAT. Not personalities.

Otherwise; yer just progagating the same old rehtoric... and at the same price.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2001, 05:33:00 PM »
agree Hang
but at least with Bush, there was change - ever so small but change.
jihad
pls save ur breath about it was for the weathly, that carries as much water as the ppl who didnt pay taxes complaining they didn't get a tax refund.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline jihad

• Nickel Member
« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2001, 05:36:00 PM »
have another hit jihad I mean blur I mean jihad, it'll be ok...
--------------------
Eagler

Hit of what cabby..I mean Blur..I mean Eagler.

I don't drink or use drugs if that's what you meant.   :cool:

BTW I sent this threads URL to the White House.  <snicker>

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2001, 08:48:00 PM »
You are aware his dad was an Admiral, correct? Think any favoritism was shown?

I have no opinion of the man, really, but I thought I'd address this. Yes, favoritism *was* shown... by his captors at the Hanoi Hilton. When they found out that McCain was an Admiral's son they offered to let him go free (to score political points, obviously), but McCain refused to leave.

'tis my understanding of it, anyway...

It's my sense overall though that there's something twitchy and just not right with the guy... can't put my finger on it.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2001, 10:03:00 PM »
Nash,

He had a career before he was shot down too. That's what I was talking about.

He graduated from the United States Naval Academy in 1958 and was shot down in 1967.

It's true that the North Viets were hard on him.

Objectively though, I think you can find others that had it as bad or worse that were not the sons of high-ranking officers. Some were beaten to death, for example. It is reported that he didn't take the "easy out" when offered.

In the end, though, he's another politician. Haven't seen much from him that would make me think he's broken that mold. His political career has its share of contradictions.

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2001, 06:47:00 AM »
You see, $300-$600 may not seem like alot of money to you all, but wisely invested, it can be useful when you get close to retirement

That BMW payment to make you feel all important is a real squeak in retro, aint it?