Author Topic: film viewer help  (Read 355 times)

Offline Elyeh

• Nickel Member
film viewer help
« on: March 18, 2006, 02:25:59 PM »
My default view is looking diagonally across the cockpit....... can I just download the film viewer and reinstall it?

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
film viewer help
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2006, 02:42:13 PM »
I'm not sure why that is or if it's that way for everybody. I just hit the home key.
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Re: film viewer help
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2006, 03:06:33 PM »
Originally posted by Elyeh
My default view is looking diagonally across the cockpit....... can I just download the film viewer and reinstall it?

Just use the positional sliders to set the view angle.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Elyeh

• Nickel Member
film viewer help
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2006, 06:50:29 PM »
ok... maybe I'm not explaining this correctly.........

When in default view it is like your on the left side of the cockpit looking diagonally across. The sliders are centered. everything is skewed to one side. Tell me how to post a pic of it and I'll show ya.

It looks like the film viewer is corrupted...... can you re-download and install just the fim viewer?

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
film viewer help
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2006, 02:03:34 PM »
Not sure you can download just the film viewer. My guess is no because it's not on the download page as a seperate item. You may be able to have someone send you the file though. I'm not sure if it's a single file or has other ones needed to run it.

To post pictures read this: http://www.flyaceshigh.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=112301
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Elyeh

• Nickel Member
film viewer help
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2006, 02:47:33 PM »

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
film viewer help
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2006, 03:10:35 PM »
I believe you may have accidently saved your film viewer LOOK_FWD head position that way.  Try centering up with the home key, and then press F10 to reset your head position.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
film viewer help
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2006, 03:38:30 PM »
fuzeman the link to Picture Hangar ends with "bandwidth exceeded" message :(

Offline Elyeh

• Nickel Member
film viewer help
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2006, 04:22:30 PM »
Murdr,

That did it. I dint know you could change the views with the number pad.

Thanks

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
film viewer help
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2006, 04:36:50 PM »
Glad that helped.

For everyones reference, the arrow keys, page up/down, numberpad views, and F10 keys work the same in the film viewer as in the game.  You can get rid of the annoying windows "ding" for your number pad views by turning off Num_Lock.  

You can check "use recorded views" to show where the filming pilot was looking when the film was recorded.

You may also double click on another players name in AH film to watch from inside their cockpit.  However, you would want to manually control views in this situation because only the views of the pilot recording the film are recorded.