Author Topic: HTC, can you give a few clarifications about Bf109 Changes in latest patch?  (Read 428 times)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Hello guys,

Can you give some insight into the following:

1) Were any changes made to Bf109 flap deploy speeds?

2) Is G14 still too slow? Data showed 416mph at 16.5K while initail testing today shows 405mph in AH?

2) Why wasnt Bf109G6/G14  20mm engine cannon capacity incresed to 200 rounds? It has been shown to be same acapcity as 109F nad G2, all these models had the same ammo box and loads of 20mm - 200 rounds.

Thanks
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 07:07:00 PM by GRUNHERZ »

Offline Bruno

• Silver Member
      • http://4jg53.org
cross posted from another thread:

I just ran a level speed test at 16500ft:

100% Fuel, FBM = .001 (minimum; no fuel burn)

1 x 1 MG151/2cm 150 rounds

16400ft

WEP - 404 mph
MIL - 370 mph

It is still too slow at FTH... The numbers posted in the original bug report showed a calculated speed of 416 mph. I have seen other sources showing this same top speed. I was expecting more in the range of 410-415 mph...

This patch was an improvement over the original release but it is still not 'correct'.

Also, please add the option for 200 rounds of MG151/2cm for the G-14 and G-6...

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
Could the variance in speed be due to the fuel?  You say you are at 100% fuel and no burn.  It seems to me IRL it would take a bit of fuel to get to 16,500 feet.  What was the fuel used in the original bug report?

I am just a tad above we-todd-did about these things, but it seems to me even a slightly heavier plane would need different trim settings at alt to provide the lift, thus possibly increase drag, etc.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Fuel is an internal weight with no added drag. It would make you climb slower, it would make you accelerate slower, but it would not affect top speed. Any plane in this game can fly the same speed at 25% as it can at 100% internal fuel.

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
doesn't weight equal greater downward force which requies higher lift to compensate for hence higher drag?

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Originally posted by Krusty
Fuel is an internal weight with no added drag. It would make you climb slower, it would make you accelerate slower, but it would not affect top speed. Any plane in this game can fly the same speed at 25% as it can at 100% internal fuel.

Well, it will have a minor effect on top speed, due to a very slight increase in induced drag (needing a slightly higher AoA for level flight). in the case of the 109G-14, the difference between 100% fuel and 25% fuel is 2 mph (404 vs 406).

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.