Author Topic: In Defense of HO attacks  (Read 1334 times)

Offline wetrat

• Gold Member
Re: Re: In Defense of HO attacks
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2006, 11:17:03 AM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
To players such as yourself that lack any sort of skill to do anything but HO, may you always be labeled for the skilless dweeb twits you are.  Cheers.

ack-ack
:aok

And any HO's in the real war weren't the gamey jousting matches that go on in here... they were front quarter shots, like dud said. HO'n was one of hte preferred methods of attack against buffs, but that's a little different....

P.S.
learn how to fight
Army of Muppets

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
In Defense of HO attacks
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2006, 11:11:34 PM »
Originally posted by SKJohn

Sort of an AH elitist, snobbish attitude that says "if you don't fight the way I want you to, you must be a dweeb!"

Yet those same AH elitist, snobbish fellows will devote hours upon hours upon hours helping complete newbies who actually do want to learn how to earn a six-shot.

Still, as others said, if HOing is fun for you, go ahead.  Thing is, if one could be bothered to learn other aspects of this game, I'd bet their overall fun would increase.

Of course, I might just be crazy.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline toon

• Nickel Member
In Defense of HO attacks
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2006, 11:28:56 AM »
vudak,YOU SO CRAZZZZY. lol

Offline Naytch

• Copper Member
Re: In Defense of HO attacks
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2006, 02:03:29 AM »
Originally posted by Happy1
U'll find that the HO was used successfully by allied P40, P39 & P38 pilots, such as BONG, WATKINS & too many others
to mention.

This tactic is NOT a dweeb tactic but was used by ALL, thereby whining & complaining about HO used extensively in AH2 shows SOME peoples' igno-
rance & NOT based on facts but rather their own likes & dislikes.

Yeah, but is this world war two? No it's a game, dude, we're not fighting for our lives or our countries freedom, we're playing to have fun. I really don't see what's fun about ho'ing, I mean, you just denied an opportunity for a good fight if you ho'd him, or you just set yourself up for the kill if he knows what he's doing.

Offline SKJohn

• Nickel Member
In Defense of HO attacks
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2006, 09:13:10 AM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
Nothing wrong with having an opinion but having an opinion doesn't necessarily mean you're right.

ack-ack

I couldn't agree with you more!  This whole argument about HOing is nothing more than people's opinions.  Of course, everybody thinks their own opinion is the correct one - both those for and those against the HO.
There is no way to "prove" that HOing is either bad or good - so as others have already said (in their own opinions), everybody should fly the way they want and don't complain about others doing the same thing.

(I still say it (HO'ing) never would have been an issue if it had also been enabled in Air Warrior - but that's just my opinion!:) )

Offline SVIGGEN

• Zinc Member
In Defense of HO attacks
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2006, 12:48:47 PM »
Again, if you want to avoid others HOing u, just break the contact. It is very easy to avoid a HO in any fighter. Remember, it takes two to perform a Head-on. I understand people complaining about it but you will not ever be able to change their ways. Conclusion? Practice your skills in avoiding the Head-on, and live your fun here.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
In Defense of HO attacks
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2006, 03:27:56 PM »
I don't mind passing in a head on maneuver, but does EVERYONE have to shoot? :huh  That the "dweebery" that bugs me. A lot of moves your trying to pull around and drop in to a positon to take advantage of a poor turn, or some other mistake the enemy plane has made, and the enemy knows they blew it and goes strait for the "guns a blazin" HO hoping to avoid the ram and making you break your attack so they have a few more seconds before they get there new plane  :)