Author Topic: Sim or Game?  (Read 2085 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Sim or Game?
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2006, 05:05:06 AM »
.50's can kill field acks just fine as long as your rounds actually hit the gun emplacement and not around it.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
Sim or Game?
« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2006, 07:10:42 AM »
Originally posted by ChopSaw
There's only one of you Burger Kingers worthy of any respect.  

It's me...right???
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
Sim or Game?
« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2006, 08:13:04 AM »
As long as the shake is there, the horse is still living.  
...snip...
:rolleyes:

My want to rethink this. Thsi is HTC's game, and while these bosses are unusually open to feedback -- it IS their show. If they think headshake adds to the game, and others adapt to it, you may be left with the choice of living with it or leaving.

Continuing to moan after completing the logical portion of your discussion will not change their minds, but probably will cause your credibility to drop -- both with your peers and (probably) in their offices.

Just sayin
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline ChopSaw

• Nickel Member
Sim or Game?
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2006, 04:49:29 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
.50's can kill field acks just fine as long as your rounds actually hit the gun emplacement and not around it.

When I said they don't do it well I was thinking back to the days of AH1 when the 50's did a much better job of it.  I was also comparing the 50's to cannon.  Additionally, I think your 38 might have a better chance with it's nose mounted 50's than say those of a Mustang.

Offline ChopSaw

• Nickel Member
Sim or Game?
« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2006, 04:50:13 PM »
Originally posted by SuperDud
It's me...right???
:rofl

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Sim or Game?
« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2006, 04:59:29 PM »
When I said they don't do it well I was thinking back to the days of AH1 when the 50's did a much better job of it.  I was also comparing the 50's to cannon.  Additionally, I think your 38 might have a better chance with it's nose mounted 50's than say those of a Mustang.

In AH1 ... anything that hit the dirt bullseye took out the gun.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline ChopSaw

• Nickel Member
Sim or Game?
« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2006, 05:07:07 PM »
Originally posted by Simaril
My want to rethink this. Thsi is HTC's game, and while these bosses are unusually open to feedback -- it IS their show. If they think headshake adds to the game, and others adapt to it, you may be left with the choice of living with it or leaving.

Continuing to moan after completing the logical portion of your discussion will not change their minds, but probably will cause your credibility to drop -- both with your peers and (probably) in their offices.

Just sayin

Well let's examine that.  First, I didn't start this thread.  I merely contributed to it.  Second, I'm well aware of who is calling the shots regarding changes in the game.  Third, if people stop posting on the issue, how will HTC know the feelings of its customers.  This is still a new phenomena and HTC seems convinced it will be accommodated.  Fourth, postings such as those that advocated the flap issue for LW rides have yielded fruit.  Fifth, postings pro shake have continued unabated and they should be responded to.  Sixth, new people come to these boards everyday.  Some of them may not have read the previous posts on the issue.  Seventh, if this is such a dead horse issue, why is there so much response to it?  Finally, I doubt my credibility can be hurt.  To the best of my knowledge it wasn't very high to begin with.  At least not with HTC and certainly not with a number of fighter guys.

Offline ChopSaw

• Nickel Member
Sim or Game?
« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2006, 05:08:43 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
In AH1 ... anything that hit the dirt bullseye took out the gun.

:huh That was sort of my point.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Sim or Game?
« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2006, 05:23:42 PM »
As long as the shake is there, the horse is still living.  What is it with you BK's?  You're all over the boards dumping on people.  There's only one of you Burger Kingers worthy of any respect.  Hey, I know.  Get your buddy Morpheus in here.  He loves to trash people.

Hug your dog, cuddle your wife, take a pill, get drunk or seek comfort in the arms of your local psychologist.  Do something.

Your message of, "everything we like is great and everything else is for losers"  is the oldest thing on these boards.  Talk about beating dead horses.  Ummm……to be blunt.

:rolleyes:

The accepted canned reply is "typical BK response". You can save yourself two hours of typing by just cut-and-pasting that; I really couldn't care less of what you think of me or my posts, and I will continue to express my opinions whether you like them or not. I suggest you add me to your ignore list. Someone on the boards could probably hold your hand through that process, should you have difficulty figuring it out between long, pointless, inaccurate "bombers are neutered" posts.

Good day.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Sim or Game?
« Reply #69 on: March 30, 2006, 05:24:33 PM »

Most definitely the center line guns on the P-38 is a major benefit in taking out acks.  We can put a concentrated amount of fire power in a small area while wing mounted gunned planes need to hit at the convergence point for maximum effect.  Basically, it's the same as in the air as it is on the ground.

ack-ack
« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 07:14:14 PM by Ack-Ack »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline ChopSaw

• Nickel Member
Sim or Game?
« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2006, 05:35:31 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
The accepted canned reply is "typical BK response". You can save yourself two hours of typing by just cut-and-pasting that; I really couldn't care less of what you think of me or my posts, and I will continue to express my opinions whether you like them or not. I suggest you add me to your ignore list. Someone on the boards could probably hold your hand through that process, should you have difficulty figuring it out between long, pointless, inaccurate "bombers are neutered" posts.

You were saying something about canned responses? :D

I'll never put you on my ignore list.  I want to see what outrageous new post you'll come up with next.