Author Topic: Why Canadian's suck....  (Read 544 times)

Offline jmccaul

• Zinc Member
Why Canadian's suck....
« on: April 29, 2001, 12:03:00 PM »
no not really but i would like to get a bit of info of anyone who knows canada particularly toronto.

I'm going to toronto in about 7 weeks for a bout 4 months and when i land i will have to find accomdation and a job, any tips on where to look or just general advice on living in toronto (good places to go etc.).

P.S. when it comes to jobs i am a 1st year physics/computing student and would love to get some related work (long shot i know) are there any companies in these areas who might have tempoary work on offer.

P.P.S. are ther any good WW2 related museums in or around toronto.

Cheers for any advice.  

AG Sachsenberg

Why Canadian's suck....
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2001, 12:41:00 PM »
Toronto is great place to go.  Don't know about jobs or suchm, just bars and theaters and more.  I will get a list for ya when i get home.  I will be living about 4 hours from there when I move back to MI.

------------------

[This message has been edited by AG Sachsenberg (edited 04-29-2001).]

Offline moose

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ccrhl.com
Why Canadian's suck....
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2001, 01:15:00 PM »
I love Toronto, but I've only been a tourist there.

Clean city, nice places (hockey hall of fame!) to go, etc.
<----ASSASSINS---->

chisel

Why Canadian's suck....
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2001, 06:26:00 PM »
First let me say...Toronto? YOU POOR BASTARD!

For museums I suggest you make a road trip up to the Ottawa area.

Offline loser

• Silver Member
Why Canadian's suck....
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2001, 06:51:00 PM »
eeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

maybe im just a small town hick or whatever...but i would rather kick myself in the groin than even drive THROUGH Toronto..

i have a buddy that used to live in scarborough (aka scarlem).  From the stories he has told me, toronto is a skuzzy smelly chitehole..

enjoy your stay

loser111

[This message has been edited by loser (edited 04-30-2001).]

Offline Loyalist

• Zinc Member
Why Canadian's suck....
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2001, 08:15:00 PM »
Toronto has a lot of great Museums.  Although it is not a WWII museum, I would HIGHLY suggest visiting the Royal Ontario Museum.

I also believe that the Queens Own Rifles of Canada museum is in, or near Toronto.  They were a regiment who stormed Juno Beach on D-Day.

Hehe, I love it when Americans say Toronto is a clean city.  It is one of Canada's dirtiest.

Offline Yoj

• Copper Member
Why Canadian's suck....
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2001, 11:02:00 AM »

Originally posted by Loyalist:
Toronto has a lot of great Museums.  Although it is not a WWII museum, I would HIGHLY suggest visiting the Royal Ontario Museum.

I also believe that the Queens Own Rifles of Canada museum is in, or near Toronto.  They were a regiment who stormed Juno Beach on D-Day.

Hehe, I love it when Americans say Toronto is a clean city.  It is one of Canada's dirtiest.

Yeah well - everything's relative.  I spent years in T.O. It still has a lot going for it relative to US cities.  Its a great place to eat, too, and a lot of fun can be had.  I wouldn't live there again though - the place has grown into a "big city" with all the problems that come with that.  But for a few months stay it should be fun.  

Avoid Scarborough - if there's anything in town, especially west (Spadina out to Dufferin) that's affordable, its a pretty livable area.

- Yoj

AG Sachsenberg

Why Canadian's suck....
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2001, 11:06:00 AM »
One last thing they don't have that outragreous accent like in some other known City "Queb something"

------------------

[This message has been edited by AG Sachsenberg (edited 04-30-2001).]

Offline loser

• Silver Member
Why Canadian's suck....
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2001, 12:12:00 PM »
eh? queb what? yea i would much rather live in TORONTO (not T.O.)  than in say, montreal...i mean that city sucks..there are only 2 girls for every guy there, the city is ultra clean with weirdo city employies scouring the gutters for pieces of chewed gum.  And museums and "sight seeing" atrractions... why visit any of montreal and quebec city's beautiful museums and monuments,, you can go to toronto and watch some street person barf all over himself!...yeah!

btw, true enough a beer will prolly cost you 7 bucks in the bar, but it will be worth it (wink wink)

Offline Yoj

• Copper Member
Why Canadian's suck....
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2001, 04:51:00 PM »

Originally posted by loser:
eh? queb what? yea i would much rather live in TORONTO (not T.O.)  than in say, montreal...i mean that city sucks..there are only 2 girls for every guy there, the city is ultra clean with weirdo city employies scouring the gutters for pieces of chewed gum.  And museums and "sight seeing" atrractions... why visit any of montreal and quebec city's beautiful museums and monuments,, you can go to toronto and watch some street person barf all over himself!...yeah!

btw, true enough a beer will prolly cost you 7 bucks in the bar, but it will be worth it (wink wink)

Sorry you have a problem with "T.O."  That's what Torontonians call it, so I figure its okay.  As for Montreal - great place!

- Yoj

Offline jmccaul

• Zinc Member
Why Canadian's suck....
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2001, 05:38:00 PM »
Cheers for all the advice.

From what i have read toronto is said to be a (relativly) clean and safe city with a good nightlife which is what i was looking for reallly.

P.S. Any info about it is useful for me so keep it coming    

Offline Ping

• Silver Member
Why Canadian's suck....
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2001, 04:36:00 PM »
 Ottawa Has the war museum and also the aviation museum. T.O. is kinda the septic hole of Canada  
 Shoulda chose Ottawa  
I/JG2 Enemy Coast Ahead