Author Topic: gunsights  (Read 1103 times)

Offline 68slayr

• Nickel Member
gunsights
« on: March 25, 2006, 09:22:01 PM »
I have some squadies that have gunsights that chance with the background.  example: if the background is blue it turns pink or something that stands out.  If the background is whit like clouds it turns a different color.  Its so you can see your gunsights easier.  If anyone has links where i can download this plz let me know
Thanks

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
gunsights
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 05:31:34 AM »
well, if you're new, my guess is that they were playing with you ;)

no such thing as a colour changing gunsight

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
gunsights
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2006, 06:49:40 AM »
Pooface, 'Waffles Custom Gun-Sights' do change colour !

Orange & White I think, depending on sky or ground.

68slayr, if you want them just leave me your e-mail address & ill send them right over.

~S~ Kaz, Long live Pooface. :aok

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline 68slayr

• Nickel Member
gunsights
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2006, 12:33:22 PM »
my email is rwoodard@satx.rr.com

Offline jollymon

• Zinc Member
gunsights
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 03:12:53 PM »
Might I also have the gunsights please

tonyholt@volcano.net

Thank you

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
gunsights
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 04:05:25 PM »
Originally posted by Kazaa
Pooface, 'Waffles Custom Gun-Sights' do change colour !

Orange & White I think, depending on sky or ground.

68slayr, if you want them just leave me your e-mail address & ill send them right over.

~S~ Kaz, Long live Pooface. :aok

nope, the sight will be a pale orange, so that against the light sky you see orange, against the dark ground, it appears light, like it's almost white. the gunsight is a bitmap, how can it change colour????

like i said, no such thing as a colour changing gunsight. it's all an optical illusion

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
gunsights
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 05:13:00 PM »
Poo you missed the update where they allowed additive gunsights. They're not a simple alpha channel, they additively composited, which means they do change color based upon what is behind them.

I don't know HOW you create a gunsight with this quality, I just know they exist.

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
gunsights
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 09:02:57 PM »
are you sure?? 100%?

because i know that the gunsights do appear to change colour, but really, it's just what your eyes see, and how they see contrast.

just like this, where squares A and B are the same colour, but dont look like it: (check in an image editor if you want to have a look)

whether they really do change colour, or if it's just your eyes i dont know. i use waffle's sights, and they certainly dont change colour kazaa

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
gunsights
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2006, 01:11:02 AM »
Yes, I am sure 100%, because there was an update that mentioned allowing additive gunsights, and then somebody came out with some right afterwards. They had screenshots of the same gunsight over a hangar, an enemy plane, the sky, the water, etc. It wasn't your average gunsight.

I haven't seen these particular gunsights since, however. Apparently nobody else wanted to learn how to do them.

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
gunsights
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2006, 06:36:47 AM »
Wow, I must be going crazy if Poo is right !

But his not lol :lol

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
gunsights
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2006, 09:56:06 AM »
Originally posted by Kazaa
Wow, I must be going crazy if Poo is right !

But his not lol :lol

:D

krusty, i dont think i've ever seen anything about submissive gunsights. you sure you werent dreaming?

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
gunsights
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2006, 12:11:51 PM »
Yes I'm sure. This was probably a year or two ago.

EDIT

http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=136621&highlight=additive+gunsight

EDIT2:

Dated 12/28/2004

Originally posted by hitech
Wrote It last week

HiTech
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 12:15:24 PM by Krusty »

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
gunsights
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2006, 12:30:36 PM »
Originally posted by Waffle BAS
Word on the street man is that all the sights will be white when against a sky backdrop. the alpha slider in your "preferences / gunsights" area  of your clipboard - that slider now controls the brightness only. So the only non white color you will get will be when your sight is show against ground.

So I went offline and tried this out... It's sort of a hybrid system, tied to the alpha channel. If your gunsight is at 100% alpha you won't see the effect, if it's a little under (I tried from 90% down to 60% and it was fine, under 50% and it's too light to really see) then you see the effect. I had a white gunsight that showed up orange against the b24 drone and against the ground. It was kind of cool.

The only problem is now I have to go in for every plane and slide the alpha down 25% for each gunsight. I'm using Waffle's (?) pack, so I have a LOT of different ones.

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
gunsights
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2006, 01:46:46 PM »
ahhh right. but that's how all the gunsights are. there are no special colour changing gunsights, it's just a change in the code that allows the alpha channels to add to each other instead of mix.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
gunsights
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2006, 01:51:39 PM »
That is how the color changes. It goes from white to orange, for example, on my P38G. The gunsight changes depending on how the code adds the colors behind the gunsight.

In that way, it does change. That's what I thought the question was about, if it's not I mis-read it.