Author Topic: This HP Computer is going NUTS!  (Read 393 times)

Offline TEShaw

• Silver Member
This HP Computer is going NUTS!
« on: March 27, 2006, 01:52:18 AM »
My good computer is in the shop, so I bought this HP box for my secondary, running XP Media Center and it is totally going nuts.

Sometimes it recognizes my CH controllers, and I've been on-line satisfactorally just an hour ago; now Windows game controllers says I have no contollers in Game controllers...then it says  I did...then I  didn't...

Is this something with XP Media software and CH software?

This is so putrid. I bought this box with this  ATI All in Wonder PCI Express just so I could play airplanes during this Spring Break.

Please, anyone.

Airman T. E. Shaw

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 04:15:04 AM »
give the CH kit and the PC ports a good dusting, see if that helps.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline DogFart

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 06:38:35 PM »
i bought a hp also same problem you have.do you use the ch control manager?if so unplug all ch products use the ch delete program and delete all usb products.dont do anything else just the ch delete.reboot plug in your gear.wait till you get message product is ready to use.i assume you have the ch disk put that in and down load the control manager.you will probably get a message that there is already cm loaded click ok then it may tell you to restart computor as soon as program is done just click ok or what ever and let the program run it will find the drivers for the ch products.when drivers are loaded close the download program.when it says product ready to use click on control manager down load your profile the computor will search for drivers again let it go and keep clicking ok till finds all drivers then you are good to go.do not shutdown and restart or you will be back to where you were.every night when i am done i unplug ch stuff and ch delete.when i start up i plug in stick rudder throttle and putdisk in and re download .it only takes a few minutes. i was on with a ch rep and he said i had unknown usb ports.remember only use the ch delete program,dont uninstall anything else.and when finished dont shutdown and reboot you will loose everything.aslo that pci express with the putor sucks frame rates of 35 and less..............i went  and got a radeon x1300 pci express card works great. i hope this helps ya....if ya have any questions im on tuesdays thurdays and sundays 7 p.m. to 1030 pm est
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 06:42:50 PM by DogFart »

Offline TEShaw

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 11:54:41 PM »
D.F.

Thanks for the suggestion.

It seems I have to totally avoid the Control Manager, use the stick mapping (finally figured that out) and disconnect and reconnect the USB stuff before each shut down and after each boot up.

But, at least I got to fly for a couple hours today.

Thanks.

regards, teshaw

Offline DogFart

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 06:01:49 AM »
i still havent figured out how to use the stick mapping can you let me know how to use it?

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006, 08:24:41 AM »
try a powered USB hub.