Author Topic: All aluminum F4U model  (Read 926 times)

Offline KTM520guy

• Nickel Member
All aluminum F4U model
« on: April 10, 2006, 09:45:29 PM »
Everything King Midas touches turns to gold. Everything Chuck Norris touches turns up dead.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
All aluminum F4U model
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 11:14:26 PM »
That's jaw-dropping phenomenal.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Shaky

• Nickel Member
All aluminum F4U model
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 11:27:47 PM »
Be sure to check out the link. If you thought you were amazed before.....
Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
All aluminum F4U model
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2006, 11:31:39 PM »
WOW! That`s just awesome. Talk about patience. Sheeeeeeeeeesh!
Thanks for posting that.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
All aluminum F4U model
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 01:19:26 AM »
a lot of the structure is just plain incorrect....

Lot of intricate work otherwise.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline kamilyun

• Silver Member
All aluminum F4U model
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006, 01:27:01 AM »
Unbelievable!  Thanks for posting... :)

The cockpit controls:

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
All aluminum F4U model
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2006, 08:50:56 AM »
Originally posted by Bodhi
a lot of the structure is just plain incorrect....

Lot of intricate work otherwise.

There's always a critic in the crowd somewhere;)  The model is amazing; & the fact that the controls/linkages work is unbelievable. I wonder if there's any talent like that in the AH community. Full scale is one thing, lots of people can work on aircraft, but how many can hand fabricate tiny parts like those & construct something that intricate from scratch? That model is a lot like those "ship in a bottle" models.....I wonder if that guy could build that corsair in a bottle too?:lol

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
All aluminum F4U model
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2006, 09:52:59 AM »
Originally posted by Brenjen
There's always a critic in the crowd somewhere;)  The model is amazing; & the fact that the controls/linkages work is unbelievable. I wonder if there's any talent like that in the AH community. Full scale is one thing, lots of people can work on aircraft, but how many can hand fabricate tiny parts like those & construct something that intricate from scratch? That model is a lot like those "ship in a bottle" models.....I wonder if that guy could build that corsair in a bottle too?:lol

While I do think his work is nice, I also think it is incorrect structurally.  

As for "Full scale is one thing, lots of people can work on aircraft, but how many can hand fabricate tiny parts like those & construct something that intricate from scratch?". I'd love to see you, or "alot of other peopele", hand form skins for the gear trunnion, Upper gear well, nose bowl, or any other of the myriad of compound curves on the corsairs surface.  Better yet, maybe you could rebuild the landing gear, hydraulic actuators, or cockpit controls too.  Don't even get me started on the engine and prop...

Yeah, his work is cool, but it doesn't work even though he moves his control surfaces.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Wolf14

• Silver Member
All aluminum F4U model
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2006, 10:25:28 AM »
Somebody once joked about rebuilding an engine. They said what you do is each time you set a part you drink a beer. Each time you tighten a bolt, drink a beer. By the time you are done you will have enough aluminum cans to have an aluminum block and heads casted.

I wonder how many beers he drank to make that thing? :)