Author Topic: Why unions still suck  (Read 3066 times)

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
Why unions still suck
« Reply #180 on: April 03, 2006, 06:29:42 PM »
Originally posted by Choocha

I spent many of my years comming up with proposials that were not accepted because of "political" reasons i.e. would piss off some union ass****.

You were about 7th level wernt you?

shamus
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline Choocha

• Copper Member
Why unions still suck
« Reply #181 on: April 03, 2006, 07:09:22 PM »
yep,

contract 1-3
6th 4-6
7th 7-10

Now, work for the Navy and love it.  I left on my terms.  I miss my friends there...good people.  I feel like I gave up my youth for GM.  However, I was tired of the backroom deals and coorpution with the Union.

So I work in a place NOW that just gets the ****ING JOB DONE.

NICE

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
Why unions still suck
« Reply #182 on: April 03, 2006, 07:11:12 PM »
I dunno, I've followed this thread and read some good points of view ...and some I just dont get.

Some want to fault management and their "greed"...yet look what these UAW types make in pay & benefits.  That's a crapload of money.  

Others point out that the Asian's are just making cars people want to buy.  Be it style, fuel economy, hybrid, etc...they R&D faster than our guys do.  Our guys lead the pack in defects and recalls.

I just wish the Unions would skip the "company greed" mantra and take a deep, hard look at what they are getting.  Forget the "deserve more" kneejerk, look what the average person makes a year and tell me shoving a button on an assembly line for $40 an hour deserves more?

Management aint perfect, but strangling the future of the company for more seems to be like killing the magic goose.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Why unions still suck
« Reply #183 on: April 03, 2006, 08:16:21 PM »
My last strike for more pay was so successful I'm voting tonight on a strike for more vacation time, medical insurance and a retirement plan.

I'm stickin it to the man! hell yea!

Rousing Chorus:  "Look for the Union label.. "
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Why unions still suck
« Reply #184 on: April 03, 2006, 09:33:18 PM »
Originally posted by LePaul
Some want to fault management and their "greed"...yet look what these UAW types make in pay & benefits.  That's a crapload of money.  

....Renee Brown works assembling the Camry -- the nation's best-selling car. She puts in seat belts and cup holders at Toyota's plant in Kentucky horse country....

...Brown previously worked as an assistant manager at Dairy Queen, where she made $20,000 annually. Six years ago, she got a job at Toyota.

Now, Brown makes $70,000 a year -- more than twice the average manufacturing wage in the area.

The United Auto Workers have tried to crack the Toyota plant since before it opened. Last spring, they opened their own organizing office just down the road.

But Brown says that Toyota's wages are so close to the union's, she doesn't see the advantage.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Why unions still suck
« Reply #185 on: April 03, 2006, 09:34:05 PM »
Originally posted by Choocha
However, I was tired of the backroom deals and coorpution with the Union.

Never got tired of the management corruption, greed and ineptitude though, did ya?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!