Author Topic: Lego of my aircraft carrier!  (Read 575 times)

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Lego of my aircraft carrier!
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2006, 07:08:58 AM »
Originally posted by Seraphim
Good lord thats a butload of legos...
I just started buyin the star wars series

Jesus nef, didnt think anyone would be that anal about legos :p

Well, Its like putting together a model, that took weeks of hard work. Then you give it the worst paint job ever. Wether your painting a landscape, or building a lego Carrier, You have to know when its done.

Dont get me wrong, thats awesome, And Im sure it was very hard work.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2006, 07:50:52 AM »
Do they have any hi res pics?

~AoM~

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2006, 08:22:40 AM »
My uncle used to design Lego models as a hobby.  He actually had two designs that he sold to Lego for their use.

Can you imagine if you had a build manual to build that Lego aircraft carrier how many hundreds of pages it would be?

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2006, 09:01:07 AM »
Originally posted by Nefarious
Cool, Wish I had that many legos when I was little.

One thing I dont like about it....The Deck on the Bow of the Ship is Straight. And a little off on proportion. With all that painstaking work, it could have looked a little better on the front end. If they would of extended the Bow 2 maybe 3 feet, would of looked a lot better.

:D
there's actually other pics out there showing the full deck, and it is realistic. it seems it can be taken apart in 2 to show the "guts" or to move it or something...

look here:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=126969
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2006, 09:14:30 AM »
Ahhhh....Thanks, Looks like in the original pics, The Front 3 maybe 4 feet are not attached.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Seraphim

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2006, 03:48:50 PM »
Originally posted by Mickey1992
My uncle used to design Lego models as a hobby.  He actually had two designs that he sold to Lego for their use.

Can you imagine if you had a build manual to build that Lego aircraft carrier how many hundreds of pages it would be?

Nowadays Lego has a program you can download to design & submit your own models. I dont remember if there was a prize or anything though.

Offline Sp4de

• Silver Member
      • http://www.freewebs.com/decommissisoned1/
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2006, 08:08:11 PM »
Hehe Cool

Offline 68slayr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2006, 09:26:35 PM »
Did that take days, weeks, monthes, or years?
How many peices was that?
Thats awsome:D

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2006, 12:06:10 AM »
Some facts:
Made by Malle Hawking (Weebleleezer). It is about 5m long, 1,40m wide and the height is about 1,20m. It contains over 200,000 Bricks and weighs over 160 Kilos and a five digit amount of costs. Building time was over one year and it will finish end of March 06 . It has electrical lights on deck, hangar and aircrafts. Moveable Elevators and radar dishes and finally a motorized catapult!
Who are you to wave your finger?

Offline Seagoon

• Gold Member
      • http://www.providencepca.com
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2006, 12:16:53 AM »
Wow, I don't even know what that much free time looks like.

Is he planning on selling it? It would probably score a mint on Ebay although I'm not sure if you could ever recoup the "labor" costs.

SEAGOON
SEAGOON aka Pastor Andy Webb
"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion... Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams