Author Topic: E6B  (Read 192 times)

Offline RedMizt

• Zinc Member
E6B
« on: March 30, 2006, 02:21:43 PM »
E6B is a mighty useful tool, a critical tool for level bombing and correct calibration.

My question is this...

Is there any way to bind the E6B function to a keystroke or map it to a stick, perhaps a dot command I am not aware of that could be used in a macro???

With pesky fighters chasing ya, it sucks to have to defend your aircraft then bring up the clipboard and try to click on E6B before passing the target, or for jus quick confirmation of your speed.

Was also wondering as a new Logitech G-15 gaming keyboard owner, if AH plans to support this amazing keyboard, it has a digital display on it that can provide game data, but must be supported by the software writer. This would be an excellent place to display items such as E6B information, fuel status and such.

So it was two questions, in a rambling format, any information would be appreciated. :O
« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 02:24:54 PM by RedMizt »

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
E6B
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 09:02:01 PM »
Firstly, I do not believe there is a dot command or anything like that to access E6B besides through the clipboard.

Secondly, no idea on the keyboard. That's a question for HTC.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
E6B
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 03:37:58 AM »
On the E6B.... I usually just leave it open when i minimize the clipboard. If you reopen the clipboard, the E6B will still be visible then. Now all you need to do when fending off fighters is is just bring up the clipboard (either with ESC or your assigned Joystick button) for a sec to check your speed.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
E6B
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 05:23:41 AM »
as Schatzi has mentioned, click on E6B and minimize your map, then each time you open it/close it it will remain open to see( have to do this each time you take off again ). Next, assign  the ESC key to a button on your stick, if possible........most sticks Saitek, CH Products, Sidewinders ( MS ) you should have no problem with doing this.......or just hit the ESC key everytime you need it......
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC