Author Topic: Search?  (Read 412 times)

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
Search?
« on: April 07, 2006, 08:33:39 AM »
Whats the deal with out "search" tool on this forum?  It's really no help....HTC can you please shorten the mininum letters to three!  I was trying to search for "To fly and fight" and Bud Anderson, and Fly and Bud were not able to register in the search?  WTF....

well anyways while im at it, can someone either post or link a copy of the story to fly and fight...the engagement of anderson and the 109...

also can someone post or link the story about the american pilot who shot down a 109 or 190 and is the pilot bailed was at attention and giving a salute

thanks
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Search?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 10:41:26 AM »
The search function searches more than one keyword with an OR option, not AND i think. A three letter combination has a high chance of being found in basically every thread and would render the search function useless.

Skim through the first page of General for threads containing the word "fly".
21 is only half the truth.

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
Search?
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2006, 06:02:28 PM »
I'm not sure if they're able to change the length. It would be helpful though since most of the time you are searching for a P51 or B29;)
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Search?
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2006, 11:45:26 PM »
Have you tried searching for "Pony" and "Noook" instead???? :D
21 is only half the truth.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
Re: Search?
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2006, 12:25:44 AM »
Originally posted by cav58d
well anyways while im at it, can someone either post or link a copy of the story to fly and fight...the engagement of anderson and the 109...

I have the book, but don't have a flat scanner. :o Also, I think there are three 109 engagement stories.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline TalonX

• Silver Member
Anderson vs 109
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2006, 04:01:36 PM »
Anderson was in a P51B - Bravo.  I wish I could remember which 109 he was fighting.

During the engagement, and as he recounts, his turn radius in a level turn was tighter.  This is not modelled the same in AH, or so it would seem to me.   And yes, I know all about rudder and flaps for turning....have whipped many an LGay 7 in turn fights.

The rest of the fight was actually more vertical, once the 109s gave up the turn fight they were losing.   Anderson won the fight with superior climbing power, hanging a tad longer on his prop than the 109, which flopped first and ate lead in its backside.

Game over, thank you for playing.

-TalonX

Forgotten, but back in the game.  :)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Search?
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2006, 04:13:41 PM »
Skuzzy replied to the 3 letter search once before. Its a time issue. If the search takes .5 seconds to look thru ALL post for 4 letter and above words, the number of words to search for if they were to add in 3 letter words would sky rocket there by taking a much longer time to do the search. Add in the number of searchs going on at once and you can really choke a server  :)

So, we will never get down to 3 or less letter words in a search.

I did a search for "BF109 Anderson", and came up with 5 entries. The forth had this post with a section from the book in it, also a link to andersons site http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8373&highlight=BF109+anderson
« Last Edit: April 08, 2006, 04:25:30 PM by The Fugitive »

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
Search?
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2006, 05:52:55 PM »
http://www.cebudanderson.com/ch1.htm

found it...what an awesome story
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group