Author Topic: Verizon Fios  (Read 388 times)

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
      • http://www.wildaces.org
Verizon Fios
« on: April 04, 2006, 01:48:32 AM »
just got hooked up with the 15mbs package.
made my whole year to tell comedycast that i cancelled!!!

Iffen anybody wants or needs info on fios (Fiber To the premise) let me know.
I been installing it for customers for a few months now around the Dallas area

Little info linky
clicky
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Verizon Fios
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 06:52:11 AM »
what's your package cost a month?
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
Verizon Fios
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 07:34:37 AM »
My wife's gonna be living in Dallas...  What services are available and what's the pricing?

No, not THOSE services...  sheesh.
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
Verizon Fios
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2006, 08:45:56 AM »
I think we have fiber running up to our house.  The cable that comes in is orange but I never felt like messing with it.

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
Verizon Fios
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2006, 12:18:38 PM »
I didn't know anybody WAS running fiber to private residences.:O

I wonder how many decades before it gets outside urban areas. :cry

Still can't get cable and don't see it happening in my lifetime.

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Verizon Fios
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2006, 12:40:36 PM »
verizon is running fiber to the house so that they can deliver data and video - cable tv services

not sure if anyone else is
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Paxil

• Copper Member
      • http://marathontoathens.blogspot.com
Verizon Fios
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2006, 01:08:35 PM »
I just got fiber installed at my house a few months ago... then I had to move... but they are marking the streets at the new house for install. Should be in before long though I have no idea how long until service is offered.

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Verizon Fios
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2006, 08:56:20 PM »
I have FIOS TV and internet service.  It takes awhile to get installed and it's not without issues, but I like it.  It's not all it was hyped up to be though.

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
Verizon Fios
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2006, 06:43:04 PM »
my price for the 15 meg package is 34.00 per month cause im an employee
regular price with phone service is about 45.00 per month.

for pricing and planes just go to the verizon fios website.

Pyro what issues are you having? pm me or i can call ya. even with our screening process sometimes idiotic installers still slip in.

as for fios TV....blows cable and satalite away!
i got all the premium channels total payment.......71.85 pefore taxes
only break i get is i get free set top boxes.
i get more channels now and pay HALF!!! the amount i was paying!! well close to is i was paying 120.00 per month to comedycast

so all together im paying about 100 per month and saving right at 70 per month
after switching

and beter service and more channels
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Verizon Fios
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2006, 06:49:59 PM »
can it handle vonage cable phone boxes?
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
Verizon Fios
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2006, 10:11:54 PM »
Originally posted by Hangtime
can it handle vonage cable phone boxes?

yup

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Verizon Fios
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2006, 07:12:44 AM »
I wish they used a better quality decoder for the TV service.  Heck, I would pay for a better one.  I am not using thier TV service yet.  Waiting to see if they will get away from the Motorola decoder.

They do have the best selection of HD programming I have seen.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Verizon Fios
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2006, 09:39:12 AM »
Originally posted by WilldCrd

Pyro what issues are you having? pm me or i can call ya. even with our screening process sometimes idiotic installers still slip in.

I was watching some tech show awhile back and they had a Verizon guy giving a demo of FIOS TV.  He was demoing how there was no delay when changing channels and showing some really cool video on demand features.  Along with the massive number of channels, I was sold.  Surfing the guide is not the same as channel surfing and that's something I've missed with everything now digital.

Once I got it, I was disappointed that what I saw demo'd on TV and what I got weren't the same.  Changing channels didn't seem appreciably faster than Directv or digital cable.  VOD was disappointing.  There really wasn't much of a selection that didn't have a charge and all of it is standard def.  The one time we tried it, it apparently couldn't pull down the data fast enough and we'd keep getting it interrupted with a garbled playback.

But we still had the massive channel lineup and a good selection of HD channels so the other stuff was minor.  It's well above cable and satellite there.

The real issues that I've had are on the internet side and I just haven't got around to researching and troubleshooting them.  The first issue is that both computers on the network will not be able to connect to anything on the internet after a few hours.  Everything looks fine with the connection but it takes a reboot to be able to connect anywhere.  On my wife's machine, she can disconnect and reconnect and that works some of the time.  If it doesn't she has to reboot.  

The other issue is network security and keeping my tv's working.

Feel free to pm me if you have any suggestions or give me a call.  Office number is 817-251-1540.  Thanks.