Author Topic: The Blue Knights and you.  (Read 18496 times)

Offline mojo55

• Zinc Member
The Blue Knights and you.
« Reply #105 on: April 06, 2006, 10:13:39 PM »
Did any of the BK's go on Rosie's Family Cruise ?

Just curious...

Reo

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #106 on: April 06, 2006, 10:23:26 PM »
Ok, my 2 pennies.

I would just like to let the "community" or whatever you call yourself today, think of all this.

Personaly, I dont care what you think. "The Blue Knights and you" doesnt mean a thing to me. I consider myself an individual and intend on keeping it that way. I think most if not all of the BK's will agree with me 110%. Infact I think; I may be wrong, but I think that's where hub was going with this thread. The fact that we are all individuals and are allowed to, and do infact, do what we want, when we want, how we want, is the reason I joined the BK's in the first place.

If you like me, if you like what I fly, how I fly it, where I fly it, fine. If you do not, then that's too bad.

I speak for myself when I say, I dont care what you think about me.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #107 on: April 06, 2006, 10:31:29 PM »
Not to belittle anyone, especially my squad, but despite their intelligence, it's difficult at times to know how to take someone, whether they are serious, or mocking, or sarcastic. The more we act the latter, the less we're taken seriously when we are, in fact, being serious. Factor in that most of them have the attention span of a

Brauno, if it was the thread from just a week or so ago, a few of those posts weren't barbs aimed at porkers, but barbs aimed at porkers who ignore the strat system, ie pork only troops or ord on the field, ignoring trains, convoys, and the factories. That's a longer story, but not knowing it, I fully understand how you could draw the conclusions you have.

I just stole the avatard from another BK, so they would all be the same in long threads. The new recruits after me (howitzer, megadud, superdud, dedalos, skuzzy, etc) all copied mine, so it was like a little mook cloning festival. My apologies.

Vudak, you have now run into that BK. ;)

There is a misconception that all we do, or have done, is furball, and that we have nothing but contempt for the rest of the community. Quite the opposite is true. While we may have been a little vocal about certain aspects of the game, I think you'll find that we've settled to simply seeking compromise, and a respite from griefing. Lots of harsh words in the past, perhaps, but if everyone's happy in the end, and no one died, I'll consider that a fair exchange.

Anyway, I'm itching to shoot cartoon planes down, so I'll wrap this up and log in. and thanks for the feedback.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #108 on: April 06, 2006, 10:36:35 PM »
Like I said, that was my 2 cents. Im not trying to ruin a (your) thread here. I'm just telling you how I feel about people and what the think of me. I dont set out looking to be an ahole. I'm simply saying, like me, dont like me, like the BK's, dont like the BKs. I really dont care.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #109 on: April 06, 2006, 10:40:21 PM »
See? That's entirely what we're about. No structure, just fun.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #110 on: April 06, 2006, 10:41:24 PM »
Should I edit that part out?  Did you all want to keep that a secret? :D :p
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #111 on: April 06, 2006, 10:43:50 PM »
I'm hopeless in the DA. Morph spent about an hour in there with me one night, and I thought he was going to quit AH forever. I was horrible.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #112 on: April 06, 2006, 10:49:28 PM »
Wait, I'm confused.  Did we or did we not ruin the game then?

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #113 on: April 06, 2006, 10:53:36 PM »
yep, 32 +/- players ruined it for several thousand. Just like Ren said.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #114 on: April 06, 2006, 11:06:19 PM »
The community has spoken.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #115 on: April 06, 2006, 11:11:00 PM »
E25280 I remember that thread and where it went. Toad made an off color comment or rib to the strat system and some shedders piled on like flies to cheese.

Toad was also correct and some didn't like it. Your recollection is not totally correct and your impression could not be more incorrect.

To the rest of you, piss off. LOL Just kidding. These boards are a fun place to mentally spar at times, do a whole lot of joking around with people who don't take themselves too seriously, tweak a few who do and once in a while discuss the game.

Personally I don't drag the BBS into the MA, it is not fair to the people who don't give a rats arse about the BBS and are there to just play the game.

As far as the Furb VS Toolshedder wars - I have nothing against guys that like to play the war game. Heck I love killing bombers although it is almost as easy as vulching if you know where to shoot them and I started in one of the premiere War squads the MAW. But back then we didn't go out looking to kill furballs. We went out to take bases. We didn't kill FHrs we killed cities and suppressed airfields. We always had a goon and never flattened a field because we expected to take it fully functional.

Today the WAR camp always seems to be killing the furball. They always seem to be leveling fields and never have a goon. They rarely cap a field anymore despite a large number of fighters hovering over the top. They not only are playing their game but they are killing the game for those of us who come here for the fights. As long as that is the mentality these boards will echo the strife it creates. BKs or not.

As for most BKs in this thread not adding a serious tone, well the friking thing is about us, what else are we supposed to do but point out how ghey (Not that there is anything wrong with that) hub is for starting it in the first place :D LOLH

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #116 on: April 06, 2006, 11:27:09 PM »
The key to all of this is simple.  There are WAY TOO MANY people who take this game seriously.  Throw a bunch of guys who don't take it seriously into that mix and it's gonna be trouble :)

AKAK said it right.  It's nothing new to see a squad that approaches the game that way, and it's nothing new to have those who take it seriously not know what to do with that.

Back in AW when a few of us started the Nomads it was basically to thumb our noses at the silliness we saw in the seriousness of folks in Airwarrior.

Despite being very open about how we didn't take it seriously, folks were insistant that we did take it seriously.  They'd then get really mad at us for whatever reason they could manufacture.  Regardless of what we said or did, folks were gonna be ticked off for what they believed they saw in us.

BK's aren't doing anything differently.  They don't take it seriously.  Folks who are wound way too tight in AH can't understand it and it makes them mad.

I can't for the life of me figure out why.  It's still just a game :)

Thankfully I fly with a bunch with that same attitude.  It's the only way to play.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #117 on: April 06, 2006, 11:28:49 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
Brauno, if it was the thread from just a week or so ago, a few of those posts weren't barbs aimed at porkers, but barbs aimed at porkers who ignore the strat system, ie pork only troops or ord on the field, ignoring trains, convoys, and the factories. That's a longer story, but not knowing it, I fully understand how you could draw the conclusions you have.
No, it wasn't the one from a week ago.  I guess it would have been back in January, since thats when it says I registered on the boards.  I didn't see a point in actually digging it up -- your question was essentially how people's opinions formed, so my recollection sufficed.

just saw Mars01's post.  Our recollections of the sequence of events obviously differ.  I do recall a couple people rising to the bait -- but the bait was laid.  And it is the baiting that is the "worst offense" in my opinion.  I am not trying to dig up old bodies, so I will just drop it.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 11:40:17 PM by E25280 »
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #118 on: April 06, 2006, 11:50:15 PM »
this bruano is yet another shades I take it?

Offline AKWarp

• Copper Member
      • http://10mbfree.com/edlance/
« Reply #119 on: April 07, 2006, 02:23:26 AM »
I like the BK's.  Always funny, and fun to fly against.  No probs here with them.