Author Topic: The Blue Knights and you.  (Read 18341 times)

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
The Blue Knights and you.
« Reply #75 on: April 06, 2006, 04:30:26 PM »
i didnt, why did you edit me out hub[/b]?
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: April 06, 2006, 04:54:54 PM »
Originally posted by forHIM

My recent reflection on the BKs as a squad is mostly tarnished by the BBS stuff.  It probably relates back to the MOAT thread  

And a MOAT is what I suspect this is going to end up as.

We made fools out of people. Clapped ourselves on the back for it.  The people that didn't think it was funny, they were Morons and 'tards and needed to get a life because the BKs had fun at others expense and that was all that counted.

Worked before..........Post a sincere sounding thread, wait for people to respond, then poke them with sticks for being fools to respond to a nice sounding BK thread.

Someone has fun at others expense in the MA are called Griefers.

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2006, 05:03:49 PM »
Originally posted by Lye-El
And a MOAT is what I suspect this is going to end up as.

Nope. I can honestly say I have no idea why ms. hub posted this???:eek: I am truely lost and a little frightened.
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Alky

• Nickel Member
Re: The Blue Knights and you.
« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2006, 05:05:51 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire

So, anyway, what do you really think of the BKs?

:D :cool: :rofl   What a troll, that's a classic!
George "AlkyŽ" Fisher

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: April 06, 2006, 05:09:01 PM »
Hub is going to start a new squad called "Respect"
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com
« Reply #80 on: April 06, 2006, 05:10:53 PM »
Originally squeezed by Zazen13 from a zit on his bum
Nothing of importance at all, really ...

S T F U

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: April 06, 2006, 05:19:05 PM »
Leyel, twice you've posted, twice you've contributed nothing.  I asked a question here, which very few people have even been able to answer with a modicum of seriousness or thought, and all you can squeak out is "troll! he r makeing fun of me!~".

Get lost.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com
Re: The Blue Knights and you.
« Reply #82 on: April 06, 2006, 05:28:35 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire

So, anyway, what do you really think of the BKs?

Most of my dealings with your crew have been in the BBS or during the running of Rangoon. For the latter, some of the best footage I got was from guys like Furball. And I think I ran into SlapShot on occasion in the MA and he pwned me in his F6F (at least that's my recollection ... it was like a year ago). So from a skill perspective I give them a lot of credit.

In the BBS I've always enjoyed the debates I've had with the BK's. We don't always agree, but even then we always seem to "agree to disagree" without descending too deep into acrimony. They don't just spout off opinions without some kind of basis in fact or logic to support them. The BK's never crossed any lines with me, anyway, that made me think less of them.

Recently, though, to be totally honest, a lot of the things said and positions taken by variouos BK's have been very out of character.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: April 06, 2006, 05:33:19 PM »
Fair enough.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: April 06, 2006, 05:42:11 PM »
Even being a toolshedder and a gv dweeb I find myself respecting the BK's arguments and their skills. No doubt that I think the BKs as one of the best group of sticks in the MA. I know a few of the BKs from ebing ex squadies and elsewhere. I know they are a extremely intelligent and skilled group. But I agree with some of the others on this board in saying that anytime I see a BK post the first thing that comes to mind is its a troll. I usually hold back for a few posts to see if others fall into a trap before I do. I think the BKs as a squad have a huge amount of potential to lead this game and new players into a great direction. Right now its seems that their intelligence and skills are going to no use. But thats their choice and thats how they choose to play.
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: April 06, 2006, 06:05:22 PM »
One could make a case for the BKs being "the root of all evil" on the BBS, but only in the context of "toolshedders vs furballers".  

I don't think they are the cause of all incivility on the board... there were flames when I got here, which predates the BK "exploding" (population-wise).  LW vs the world flame threads probably date from 1946, I imagine...

Offline jaxxo

• Silver Member
« Reply #86 on: April 06, 2006, 06:06:03 PM »
Jaxxo Jaxxo Man!

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: April 06, 2006, 06:19:19 PM »
While I agree that most of the group is very intelligent, they most certainly aren't putting any sort of mental effort into the game, and  also, I don't think anyone should really have to lead another group with regards to gameplay (even in the name of promoting gameplay that tolerates the fun and interests of all, without griefing or radically changing the game, the majority isn't really interested in what we're selling). This is a group that isn't fit to lead itself, let alone hundreds or thousands of players.

Perhaps one of the key differences between us and some groups is that fun is the only objective. The war, points, rank, K/d runs, strategic and tactical strikes meant to disable or cripple the enemy's ability to fight... all old hat. Most of us have been playing for years, many since AW, and we've been through all the usual stuff. The fights are the only truly dynamic aspect of the game (the noobs I used to take lunch money from are now problems, not easy perks; the guys I held my own against often shoot me down), and I think that, and our own bizarre sense of comaraderie are what have kept the game interesting for us.

Anyway, the whole point of this is that Ren, in the LCA thread, stated that it is fact that we have ruined the game, and I found this claim to be utterly preposterous. However, being an accomplice in the death of innocence, I figured I would be slightly biased, and thought I would leave it to the percentage of the community which posts here to respond honestly, as we've really no guage for how the community sees us. There are those more vocal who enjoy harassing us, but I don't consider them to be a good representation of the community at large, being part of the problem themselves.

So, there's your "troll", lye-el. Exactly what I stated it was initially.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 06:24:58 PM by hubsonfire »
mook
++Blue Knights++

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: April 06, 2006, 06:24:15 PM »
The BKs.
Best dang bomber squad in AH.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: April 06, 2006, 06:25:26 PM »
Originally posted by Jackal1
The BKs.
Best dang bomber squad in AH.

LOL. Im sorry Jackal1. I gotta steal that for sig material.
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'