Author Topic: AH Points  (Read 327 times)

Offline BC10015

• Zinc Member
AH Points
« on: April 07, 2006, 09:29:54 AM »
I was fooling around looking at different aircraft.  I ran into a message saying I did not have enough points to fly the plane.  What are points, how are they earned, is there somewhere to see how many points I have,  In other words whats with these points?

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
AH Points
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 10:04:56 AM »
Aces high rewards good deeds with 'perk points'.

the ammount rewarded relates to the dificulty of the task completeted.

EG: kill a 262 in a hurri mk1, you get lots of points, other way round you get very few.

the value also relates to the number of people flying in yours and the opposing countries.

in the hanger you will see a list of perk points, ranging from fighter to vehical, and also a record of the pointsa earned last sortie.

once points have been saved up the player can spend them on these 'perk planes' that you wanted to fly.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
AH Points
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2006, 10:06:09 AM »
You earn points for everything you shoot down, bomb and destroy. The more things you shoot down the more points you get. However, there are some limits. If you shoot down a plane and then die your points earned will be less than if you landed the kill.

You total points earn will be seen when you are in the hanger. Look at the bottom of the hanger window for them.

If you look at the plane or tank you were trying to use, you will also find it's one of the higher performance type vehicles. These planes are called perked planes. The Tiger tank is also perked. The reason is its heavy armor and long range main gun gives it an advantage on the field.

If you take another look at the perked planes take a look at the ENY value along with the points required to fly it. Also, look at the many different plans you can chose to fly. You will note some planes were flown early in the war and were not as advanced as models that were manufactured later. As a result the game programmers established an ENY value to each plane. The means if you chose an early model war plane and shoot down a hot rod, later model plane you will earn more points for the kill because you were able overcome the newer planes performance capabilities and still get a kill. Conversely, if you get up in a hot rod Jet, like an ME262 you are more likely to kill many of the older planes and will be not awarded as many points for the shoot down. Another limitation is if you die in that perked plane you lose the points and have to go back and shoot more planes down to earn what you lost.

There is one other concern that was set up to neutralize a one sided battle. If one country (AH2 has 3 in the Main Arena ) is has very few players the ENY value/cost to use hot rod planes will drop to allow an "equalization" of sides. And the country with 100 more players,. for instance, will hav a higher expense per plane.

BTW, since you are here reading the BBS. If you look above under DOWNLOADS, go to Help and download the help file. Information about the game, in an easy to read format, is at your fingertips in that file.

Hope this helps.

Offline Gooss

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.327th.com
AH Points
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2006, 06:05:46 PM »
If you want to try "perk" planes, you can fly them offline.  Landing the 262 is an adventure until you get the hang of it.

HONK!
Gooss
CHICKS DIG GULLWINGS
flying and dying since Tour 19

Offline SAS_KID

• Silver Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/saskid
AH Points
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2006, 10:06:22 PM »
what is this perk stuff you speak of i just click and go but those numbers seem way high on my stats hehehehe yea what they said say u up a plane with an eny of 40 and u kill a plane with an eny of 5 depending on the perk point bonus u shuld get like 5 or 6 perks for that kill now if it is the other way around it would be worth like .5 .6 perks.
Quote from: hitech on Today at 09:27:26 AM
What utter and compete BS, quite frankly I should kick you off this bbs for this post.

The real truth is you do not like the answer.

HiTech