Author Topic: Of Cars and Guns and the Nature of Man (quite long)  (Read 2991 times)

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
Of Cars and Guns and the Nature of Man (quite long)
« Reply #75 on: October 16, 2000, 04:51:00 AM »
Conservative?

That's ham in a metal box.

Now, I have muscles of steel, but beneath it lies not ham, but incresdible charm, with and intelligence.

And a good dose of humility.

------------------
StSanta
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
Of Cars and Guns and the Nature of Man (quite long)
« Reply #76 on: October 18, 2000, 02:48:00 PM »
lol Toad  

Maverick - I agree to some extent with what you say, but over here (where you are unlikely to find a gun in the average house), most burgalries occur when the occupants are not present, just like the States. Perhaps the crims. do this to avoid being identified or involved in a confrontation; in addition to the risk that they might get killed or injured by the householder,  a confrontation might result in them injuring the same householder, which would make them more traceable from evidence at the scene (blood, fibres etc).

StSanta - I've never said it, but your grasp of English is superb! I just wished they taught foreign languages to any decent degree of depth in British schools, instead of relying on everyone to speak English. I remember what Eddie Izzard said about Holland, where virtually everyone speaks English well (apparently) - he said asking people if they spoke English was like asking them if they could count to two, going by the reactions they gave.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.