Author Topic: Collision Model Quiz  (Read 652 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Collision Model Quiz
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2006, 02:09:14 PM »
If you see the message "You have collided" your front end sends to the other guy, "96Delta collided with you"

If the other guy collides you will recieve the message "Soandso Colieded with you" And if you do not see the message "You have collided" Then you missed him.

HiTech

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Collision Model Quiz
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2006, 01:00:54 AM »
There's still a lot of talk in the arena about guys seeing the "Soandso collided with you" message, and yet THEY were the ones tumbling out of the sky while the guy who did the colliding flies off without a scratch. I understand that it's not how the model is supposed to work, but what IS happening?
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Collision Model Quiz
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2006, 04:50:05 AM »
Saxman, this could be due to the other guy colliding guns blazing. He might simply have shot you.

I had a classic such situation a while ago - not sure if i caught it in film. I had a P47 coming at my HMk1 head on, and since i was too slow from fighting another guy, i couldnt properly AVOID him. Result: He collided with me, dying; I didnt collide, but flew away heavily damaged since hed been guns blazing from d100 (i just caught the muzzle flashes in passing). His damage resulted from collision, mine from plain old bullets.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Collision Model Quiz
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2006, 07:54:37 AM »
Schatzi hit it right to the wood in one stroke.

Don't fly so close, and you won't collide, its THAT simple.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Collision Model Quiz
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2006, 09:07:14 AM »
Originally posted by Schatzi
Saxman, this could be due to the other guy colliding guns blazing. He might simply have shot you.

I had a classic such situation a while ago - not sure if i caught it in film. I had a P47 coming at my HMk1 head on, and since i was too slow from fighting another guy, i couldnt properly AVOID him. Result: He collided with me, dying; I didnt collide, but flew away heavily damaged since hed been guns blazing from d100 (i just caught the muzzle flashes in passing). His damage resulted from collision, mine from plain old bullets.

Something similar...
   I shot the tail off a 109 from about  d200 . The 109 does the nose up airbrake  float to the ground deal. Well since I was going at about 300mph ,I couldn't avoid the floating wreckage.   I get the you have collided with xxxx. Then of course the obligatory 200 sob story.  Guess what not all rams are intentional, get over it.  Actually I think it would be very hard to ram a plane intentionally and do damage.

Bronk
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 10:23:02 AM by Bronk »
See Rule #4

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Collision Model Quiz
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2006, 09:30:09 AM »
Originally posted by Saxman
There's still a lot of talk in the arena about guys seeing the "Soandso collided with you" message, and yet THEY were the ones tumbling out of the sky while the guy who did the colliding flies off without a scratch. I understand that it's not how the model is supposed to work, but what IS happening?

I'd venture a guess that situations like you describe can be attributed to gun damage, as has been mentioned, and additionally that while a plane may appear undamaged, it did actually take damage. I've lost everything from the tailwheel to entire wings. A wing if obvious; tailwheels, guns, or gear, not so much so.

And, as has been proven many times in many different scenarios, what folks claim happens in the heat of the moment isn't always what actually happens.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech