Author Topic: Was in seattle a while ago....  (Read 1951 times)

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
Was in seattle a while ago....
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2006, 02:49:58 AM »
Originally posted by Brooke
I live near Seattle, too (Redmond).

So far, I've met in person Roscoroo and Newman.  So Silat and Jinx live near Seattle.

OOZ662 and Bear76, you guys do as well?  What cities?

The Museum of Flight in Seattle is pretty good -- especially the Personal Courage Wing, which has several WWII fighters in it (Bf 109E, Spit IX, P-40N, Ki 43-IIb, P-38L, F4F-3, FG-1D, P-47D, Yak-9U, P-51D).

4th of July weekend (actually 6/30/2006 to 7/5/2006), the Museum of Flight has the Collings Foundation B-17 and B-24 available for looking around inside, and you can buy flights on them for $425 per 30-minute ride.

Whidbey Island:aok

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2006, 03:04:25 AM »
Seattle-area folks, maybe we can meet up at the Museum of Flight some day.  As long as there aren't dozens of you, I hereby offer to buy you guys admission and dinner after the museum visit.  It would be fun to meet the Aces High pilots in the area.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 03:06:51 AM by Brooke »

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2006, 03:06:05 AM »
Also, Seattle-area folks, here is an event that the Museum of Flight you might be very interested in:

http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=173203

I went to one of these before, and it was awesome.  My description of what it was like is here:

http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=169804

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
WHY WASNT I INVITED?
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2006, 03:54:21 AM »
:furious

YO
<----SEATTLE.  IGSHILL, Gball and others live in the area as well.  I voluteer to be at the free stuff gathering  :)

And dont know if you all know it or not, but at Paine Field in Mukilteo there are two awesome places to check out.  First is the BMoF restoration center that has several pojects going on all the time.  Its free to walk through.  Last I was there they had a wildcat, being restored, one of those old "bannana" choppers, and a couple of civil aircraft in the works.  They also had a "Vampire" sitting in pieces.

The second is the Me 262 project.  If I recall correctly the first one to be finished was Paul Allens' baby.  I heard the second was finished recently and there were three others for sale.  YOURS TRULY was working next to the runway when they test flew the first. :D   IT WAS THE SHIZNIT!

I'd love to get together with anyone in the area sometime.  
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 03:57:07 AM by muzik »
Fear? You bet your life...but that all leaves you as you reach combat. Then there's a sense of great excitement, a thrill you can't duplicate anywhere...it's actually fun. Yes, I think it is the most exciting fun in the world. — Lt. Col. Robert B. "Westy" Westbrook, USAAF 6/<--lol@mod

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2006, 07:35:16 AM »
Silat I thought you parted your hair on the LEFT side.

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2006, 08:11:03 AM »
Originally posted by Max
Silat I thought you parted your hair on the LEFT side.

He does....you're being thrown off by the photgraphic reversal effect, and the inexplicable glare from that spot in the pic!

;)
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline AutoPilot

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2006, 12:04:30 PM »
Is Roscoroo's first name by chance Earl?

Offline Misfit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2006, 12:14:30 PM »
Sounds like fun Brooke - Keep me posted

Offline 68Ripper

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2006, 03:43:57 PM »
Seattle-area folks, maybe we can meet up at the Museum of Flight some day.  As long as there aren't dozens of you, I hereby offer to buy you guys admission and dinner after the museum visit.  It would be fun to meet the Aces High pilots in the area.

I live near Seattle also (Buckley). I used to work just down the street from that Museum at Boeings Plant II. I still work for Boeing only in another location. I usually stop in once a year because they are constantly adding stuff there. A get together would be great if I'm not working that weekend.
Ironic
Fistful of Aces

I had a psychic girlfriend once, but she left me before we met

When I got home last night, my wife demanded that I take her someplace expensive....  so, I took her to a gas station

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2006, 05:25:05 PM »
OOZ662 and Bear76, you guys do as well?  What cities?

Originally posted by Bear76
Whidbey Island

5 minute boat ride from Whidbey NAS.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2006, 04:39:45 AM »
Excellent.  My weekends are booked until Stalin's Fourth scenario is done (last frame is April 22nd weekend).  I'll start planning it after that and keep everyone posted as we firm up the plans, figure out which weekend works for folks, etc.

Offline 68Ripper

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2006, 10:35:53 AM »
Actually my Union (SPEEA) is sponsoring a free visit to the Museum of Flight on April 22nd for all it's members. But as I posted earlier who knows I may have to work that weekend as we are puting in a lot of overtime.
Ironic
Fistful of Aces

I had a psychic girlfriend once, but she left me before we met

When I got home last night, my wife demanded that I take her someplace expensive....  so, I took her to a gas station

Offline yayyyy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2006, 11:16:19 AM »
jacksonville florida

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2006, 01:07:31 PM »

Geez, didn't realize there were so many in the Seattle area.  And Bear76 is around here too.  I gotta leave!  :)

I'm in Renton area and used to work for Boeing.   Loved to use their 737 and 747 flight sims on off hours at night.  That was FUN!

Anyway, given the right day, etc. I'm in!  

P.S.  I'm big and eat alot so you may want to re-think the paying for dinner part.  LOL
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline Nomde

• Nickel Member
      • Web Master
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2006, 10:47:11 PM »
NIc pics, wish I coulda been there :aok

Nomde
56th Fighter Group "Zemke's Wolfpack"
nomde@56fg.net