Author Topic: REV 2 of that MA map idea I posted the other day  (Read 582 times)

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
REV 2 of that MA map idea I posted the other day
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2006, 05:55:56 AM »
I dont know if anything else has been written on this subject, but why are the maps all designed to be of equal strategic advantage for all countries?  

Why dont we have maps that might put one country or two in a hot spot?  Just to see if they can fight their way out of it.  Then when a wars won, we rotate another country into the fire.  :t

A map more asymmetrical would be nice.
Fear? You bet your life...but that all leaves you as you reach combat. Then there's a sense of great excitement, a thrill you can't duplicate anywhere...it's actually fun. Yes, I think it is the most exciting fun in the world. — Lt. Col. Robert B. "Westy" Westbrook, USAAF 6/<--lol@mod

Offline eilif

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2006, 02:06:58 AM »
seems like a cool idea, mabe the team with the "hotspot" would get less and less space as they did worse in up coming maps if they kept on doing badly and at some point get completely eradicated so that it was down to say the rooks and bish  after like 3 country  bouts, this may call for smaller countries to make the game move.

or speed it up a bit;

Wouldnt it be cool if you could destroy a country and it would stay away for one conclusive round?

So who ever loses the most land in the first bout is non existent for the second battle.

example, battle one rooks get the hammer, round 2 its down to the knights and bish, say the knights win, and there is some sort of different cause and effect system developed in terms of rewards and such.

This would force the players that were on the defeated country to join one of the 2 remaining teams, this would get those who just have to be a certain chess piece to mix it up a bit and enjoy some diversity. This would probably keep fools from filling up channel 200 with accusations since one would realize they would probably be fighting with that person on the other side frequently. Animosity between countrys is the problem we have in real life, why have that in a game?  on the flip side, those who really want to be with that chess piece would have more incentive to fight more effectively as a team if they knew they would have to pack their bags if they got defeated.

It would be neat to have some big experiments with this kind of stuff in the ma to keep things dynamic, maybe there will be some experimentation once tod comes out, its understandable that htc doesnt change something fundamentaly that isnt "broken" since its the bread winner and its working just the way it is.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 02:17:34 AM by eilif »

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2006, 08:06:01 AM »
Originally posted by muzik
I dont know if anything else has been written on this subject, but why are the maps all designed to be of equal strategic advantage for all countries?  

Why dont we have maps that might put one country or two in a hot spot?  Just to see if they can fight their way out of it.  Then when a wars won, we rotate another country into the fire.  :t

A map more asymmetrical would be nice.

Why dont we have maps that might put one country or two in a hot spot?

Because the team that lands in the "hot spot" will piss and moan incessantly. Sorry ... but I don't think that it would fly with HT ... afterall, he has to listen to the complaints.

Can you imagine playing a game of chess and you start without your Queen and Knights ... doesn't sound like too much fun to me.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline MOSQ

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2006, 06:44:28 PM »
We already have an assymetrical map, Mindanao.

I've been here since 2000 and I think the Western country has lost maybe once, the NorthEastern 3-4 times, and the SouthEastern a jillion times.

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2006, 08:19:19 PM »
The HQ in the western country is 1 sector closer to the front than the HQs in the other 2 countries.
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."