Author Topic: 109 G2 and G6  (Read 616 times)

Offline tallyho1

• Zinc Member
109 G2 and G6
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2006, 05:36:53 AM »
search function, damn man what's that? I just found it by chance on some nerdy website!

Need alot of advice on flying the g2 as I am just about fed up getting shot down in it! I know it is a real man's plane but it makes we want to cry like a girl at the moment!

Also how on earth do you hit anything in it? I had just about everyone in my crosshairs yesterday then managed to miss and got killed in the reversal or overshoot!

Bozon, dont you mean you had a life four years ago *s*! Just think four years ago pf was still in nappies :p !

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
109 G2 and G6
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2006, 09:36:36 AM »
Hitting things in it is a pain in the butt and I'd be willing to bet most of your kills will come from knocking off tailfins.  At least that's your only realistic chance of getting a kill on one burst.

I can't comment much on the plane right now as apparently it's changed a bit since I've been around, but I will say it was always my favorite German bird.

BTW, nice avatar. That guy is funny as hell.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline tallyho1

• Zinc Member
109 G2 and G6
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2006, 09:55:25 AM »
Thank you - glad to hear that alan partridge has made it to your happy shores!

I take it you no longer play ah or am I just reading too much into what you say?

From your pic the p38 was your bird? Have tried that but just seems soo big to try and avoid being hit!

With both the 109 and p38 I have a real problem with compression! Apart from not diving like a stone is there a way you used to control your descent? This may be part of a bigger problem for me as I always seem keen to take the fight down low and I know these birds like to fight with a bit of alt?

Oh yes and pf I dont know about erich hartmann but I can miss anything at the moment!

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
109 G2 and G6
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2006, 11:04:07 AM »
Originally posted by tallyho1
Thank you - glad to hear that alan partridge has made it to your happy shores!

I take it you no longer play ah or am I just reading too much into what you say?

From your pic the p38 was your bird? Have tried that but just seems soo big to try and avoid being hit!

With both the 109 and p38 I have a real problem with compression! Apart from not diving like a stone is there a way you used to control your descent? This may be part of a bigger problem for me as I always seem keen to take the fight down low and I know these birds like to fight with a bit of alt?

Oh yes and pf I dont know about erich hartmann but I can miss anything at the moment!

Yeah he's on BBC America but have no idea what night, I was introduced to the show when I went to Britain - gotta love how the gas station attendent's his best friend lol.

I'm in a 38 squad, so I fly it often, but really I'm more partial to a good ol' F4U Corsair.  I used to be in a German squad though, and have some experience in the 109.

As far as the compression in both birds go, cutting throttle and riding the rudder in (too bleed speed) works well.  You can also try adjusting trim in the 38 (forget the key command, think it's "i") manually to get that nose up.  That would probably work in the 109 too, but I can't be positive, as to be honest with you, I'm usually lower or equal to everyone else's alt and haven't really had to worry about it much.

And I would be flying still but I had some technical issues where my screen would lock up for a few seconds - very aggravating at guns solution.  The machine's in the shop at the moment (well, for the month) but I'll be phoning the guy and asking what the heck is going on next week, and hopefully be back and flying soon.  Once I am I'd be happy to mess around in the TA or DA with you (practice makes perfect) but don't expect any great insight from me or even a challenge, I'll be rusty as hell :)

I'm sure someone else from this forum would be willing to go in much earlier.  If they don't volunteer after this just ask in a new topic.

Anyway, heading off for the Lake for the weekend in a few hours, so good luck and have fun!

Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline AutoPilot

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
109 G2 and G6
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2006, 11:56:33 AM »
get in close. erich hartmann said that; once he fills the entire windscreen, you can't possibly miss.

I knew my charm would rub off on you Poo.

IMHO the G-2 is really the G-10, it will outclimb just about anything including the Ki-84.The key to killing with it is:

1.Do not use gondola's.
2.Fire very up close and personal (flying through debree range)
3.If you are blacking out while fighting in the 109 then you are turning way too hard.After 450+MPH you must switch too manual trim too steer 109.In that same sense flying with manual trim is how you keep the 109 alive and in one piece.
4.Make smart decisions in the 109, do not let 5-K spits sucker you down from the high alt perch the 109 needs to kill.
5.Hardeck:set a hardeck for each flight 10-K, 8-K, etc. and do not go below that for the entire flight no matter what tempting target is below you the 109 and any plane for that matter fly's better in the thin air.
6.Practice off-line(or the TA) at shooting one cannon round at a time.When in the G-14, or the K i shoot only 1 cannon round per pass.The other day in the MA while on a bomber hunt in my k i got 7 kills and had 54- 30mm cannon rounds left, but i got greedy and went down to help out a stranger in trouble.none the less it can be done.
7.While attacking bombers in a 109 that only has a 20mm cannon in the nose, you must always go for the frontal attack.2-20mm rounds in the cockpit of a B-24, or B-17 usually does the job.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
109 G2 and G6
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2006, 11:24:20 AM »
Tallyho, pick a range of about 350 or closer. I'd suggest 250 or 300. Set your convergence to that. Move into range and shoot at that range. If you set your convergence to 650 and then try firing at a small target at 325 distance, there's a chance your rounds are passing OVER the target on the way to where they need to land at 650. But then you probably already know that.

In general the mg151 is decent but you only have 1 of them. That means (usually) outflying your opponent and getting the rear-aspect kill shot.

Gondolas really do hurt the performance, but I'd say if you're having trouble with snapshots -- take them. If you're flying in a manner that requires more firepower and less manuverability, then that's what you need. If, rather, you want more agility and think you can pull off kills with less ammo, leave the gondolas behind.

Offline Creton

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
109 G2 and G6
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2006, 11:36:03 AM »
I pick 109g2 no gondies and set ur convergance to 375,fire only if ur in tight with the con.

Offline tallyho1

• Zinc Member
109 G2 and G6
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2006, 11:51:59 AM »
thanks guys will do!

Offline Iceman24

• Nickel Member
      • http://479th.jasminemarie.com/
109 G2 and G6
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2006, 01:07:19 PM »
was playing last night and somone on my country channel had a great idea for firing the tater gun, sorry I'm not sure who it was... but they were saying they bring there convergance all the way in with the spud gun on the 109's that way they only have to compensate in 1 direction for distance. I have been playing around offline while at work and it works ALLOT better for me anyways, set that tater gun to 0 and give it a shot

Offline tallyho1

• Zinc Member
109 G2 and G6
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2006, 01:09:22 PM »
ok will try that thanks! Here's to hitting something with those spuds!