Author Topic: P47D-25 527th "Rabbit" - progress post  (Read 1322 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
P47D-25 527th "Rabbit" - progress post
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2006, 03:31:31 PM »
Are you talking shading as in tones? Blue/grey? Or as in shadows (darker spots around the glare, usually greys)?

Here's a closeup of the long-awaited rabbit nose art, and a slightly-reduced-glare screen shot. One problem with the left wing/right wing was that the sun was toward the left, and so it looks like the right is less shiny, but the in-game glare was there at different angles.

Rabbit:

I'm getting closer. I actually kind of like the way it's looking now. Most of the process I was like "okay... okay... okay" but then when I started tweaking this last setup I was thinking "Okay!! Now THAT looks good!" so I'm happy about my progress. I don't know what it was, but something just "clicked" with this last attempt.

EDIT: While I'm fine-tuning the metal (I think I'm close to done) this would be a good time for any nit-picks and the like, any errors in markings, size, wrong angle in relationship to mars and venus, the planets aren't aligned for the type of anti-glare I used, and so forth.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 03:33:35 PM by Krusty »

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2006, 03:44:03 PM »
that looks good. for me i was talking about the "reflection" on the left wing, it was so white it obscured everything else.

since we dont have real reflections in AH i think it looks better without the extreme glint from the "metal"
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2006, 03:47:34 PM »
Ah, half of the "washout" was from the real-time in-game glare from the materials file. I toned down the materials file a bit for that last screenshot.

I'll wait for any other comments/feedback before submitting, but I think I'm done now (finished up some minor things just after posting that screenshot)

Offline Nr_RaVeN

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2006, 03:52:17 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty
Are you talking shading as in tones? Blue/grey? Or as in shadows (darker spots around the glare, usually greys)?

yes darker spots around the glare ....I use black  at 100% then turn it down to were I like it.
your metal is looking good from the screens I'm seeing on your last post
I like the wabbit too
Life is short. PLAY HARD...

"Have patience. All things are difficult before they become easy."
Saadi

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2006, 04:05:48 PM »
Of course, if I see anybody using my skin, and they kill me, or get away, or otherwise thwart me, I will mutter to myself "ooooooow, that wascawwy wabbit!"

Offline MotleyCH

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2006, 05:00:45 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty

Motley, I used this in a test and I like it more than the default, only I think it's just a bit TOO shiney. What would I adjust to lower that? The "Power" line?

EDIT : never mind, in-game it looks a lot better than in the skins viewer. Thanks Motley!!

That was from the default P47-N material file..don't thank me:)

Looking great BTW:aok

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2006, 05:01:33 PM »
Well thanks for pointing it out, nonetheless, it was a big help.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2006, 05:14:01 PM »
total nit pick on what is really shaping up well but in these latest screenies i find the stripes on the horizontal tail planes a little too opaque. the eoevator 'crease' isnt very crear and the elevator is swamped by the red.

possibly just cut a very fine and dark line across the red stripe and the join, or emphasize it in some clever skinnmaker type way.

feels like the whole tail section is a static glued on object.

vertical stab looks clear enough. maybe its the lighting and glare of the tail setion metal look?

could we see a shot of the ail close up with elevs either fully up or preferably down to further persue this?

just a nit pick, like i said, great work.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2006, 06:15:48 PM »
Good catch. It did look a little 2D. I fleshed it out a bit (and the other red painted parts, as well!) and tried to get some screenshots in-game.

It's hard to get screenshots of the tail because of lighting, and the camera has to be aimed at the cockpit at all times. I got a couple of distant shots (the right side of image) which better show the lighting, and I got some close-ups with poorer lighting (the left side of the image) for details.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2006, 08:50:26 PM »
that a huge improvement, especialy on the rudder.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2006, 01:17:19 AM »
Well if there are no more tweaks I'll get it ready for submission.

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2006, 01:24:39 AM »
The shadowing on the tail looks excellent Krusty! Great work.
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.