Author Topic: Realistic flight model?  (Read 1130 times)

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Realistic flight model?
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2006, 10:16:18 AM »
Rgr, Alky. :)

The in-game stick settings works just fine. The only shortfall is I don't think you can write macros which I do alot in the CH program. AH2 offers the ability to assign just about any button to any function.

One note about views.....there is an old adage in the dogfighting. "Lose Sight, Lose the FIght". If you are not getting instant views to maintain full view of your opponent throughout the whole fight then you need to make some minor adjustments. If you can always see the other guy then you can also see the instant he makes a mistake and capitolize on it.

Rgds,

Offline Alky

• Nickel Member
Realistic flight model?
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2006, 12:05:33 PM »
I set up the button on the throttle that's closest to your index finger as the view modifier, that works great, thanx, now I can look left with my hat, push the button with my index finger and see left up.  I would never have discovered that on my own, Thank you Ren, much appreciated!  :)
George "AlkyŽ" Fisher

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Realistic flight model?
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2006, 12:13:00 PM »
That's why we're here. :)

A buddy of mine uses the index finder button on the front of his throttle for the look up modifier. I couldn't even begin to say why I happened to use the pinky button but I've been using it for 10 years or so (since I went from TM to CH gear) so it feels natural for me.

I'm glad our AH2 Trainers are able to help everyone!