Author Topic: Shades  (Read 636 times)

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
Shades
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2006, 06:32:57 PM »
And That my children is why Score DONT MEAN anything in this game ...

(but then its fun to kill the score gamers by the pale moonlite ) :D
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Shades
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2006, 08:48:00 PM »
Actually, the most effective kill tally generator was parking my P-40B at the distant vehicle spawn of the enemy base (i.e. the one close to my base) while Morph, Hub, and others spawned and exited within range of me.  That resulted in a capture and credited me with a kill, but it didn't actually affect my score since I didn't actually shoot them, since it was by proxy, and since they were in ground vehicles while I was in a plane that I could only score as Fighter.

I believe I obtained over 700 kills before somebody not in on the joke spawned and blasted me with 75mm love.  D'oh!

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Vad

• Nickel Member
Shades
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2006, 09:35:05 PM »
Originally posted by mars01
Whats sad is people still think score means anyting :D

Yes, score means something. At least for some type of people.
We are all different. Somebody likes pure fight without goals, somebody needs some kind of competition to keep interest.

Year ago when I rarely finished month with K/d more than 1 I was flying 60-70 hours per month. I saw how many pilots around were way head of me.
This month I was playing less than 4 hours. I've lost interest. There is no competition for me anymore. For sure, I am far from being good pilot, and if I meet somebody who really can fight I used to lose, but it happens so rarely that it is not good reason to waste hours for boring merge-HO-avoid HO- reverse-chasing- give up because I can't catch  Dora or La7.
And I can't improve my score without doing some well known tricks what I don't want to do.

Honest scoring system would give some sense to this routine, but as it exists in the game it is giving nothing more than frustration.

PS. I didn't want to talk about me , it is just easy for me to write sentences using "I". Replace "I" by "person who likes gambling and needs some kind of indicator of his achivements to be engaged". There are a lot of such people around. We are all different...