Author Topic: What can be (is allowed) customized for a MA terrain?  (Read 23313 times)

Offline MachNix

• Nickel Member
What can be (is allowed) customized for a MA terrain?
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2007, 11:48:47 AM »
What are the Object Properties for Tank Town (ttown0) and/or any objects that are not directly associated with any country?

For Task Group map rooms, should the Can Collide checkbox be checked?

Thanks.

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2007, 11:54:25 AM »
Originally posted by MachNix
What are the Object Properties for Tank Town (ttown0) and/or any objects that are not directly associated with any country?

For Task Group map rooms, should the Can Collide checkbox be checked?

Thanks.
ttown0 - Group Master, Country Owned(doesn't matter which).

The other objects depend on what objects you mean. If it has multiple items that can be destroyed in the object it's a group master. If it's one item like a Shore Battery it's a "gun bat".

Map rooms - No
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 11:59:20 AM by NHawk »
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2007, 01:45:56 PM »
Is there a maximum number of CV groups that can be incorporated into an MA terrain? It seems most current terrains have two per side or less, is that HTC's limit for a small MA terrain or is it just a coincidence?

Offline rogerdee

• Gold Member
      • http://rogerdee.co.uk
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2007, 02:40:36 PM »
from whats been said in the past by  skuzzy i think the most you can have that will work with every ones computer systems is 3 or 4 aside.

From what i gather it has something to do with the updates of the fleet ect that needs to be sent to everyone.
490th battling bulldogs
www.rogerdee.co.uk

it does what it says on the tin

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2007, 02:49:29 AM »
Thanks Roger, was hard to find any info on this as the BBS search won't allow "cv" and "fleet" turned up nothing. Three cvs per side is all I require so that's OK.

Offline Dux

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2007, 08:36:49 AM »
Speaking of CVs... try to plan it so that all the field numbers of CVs are below 100. The CMs have found that when you have CV numbers that cross the 100-line (98, 99, 100, 101, etc.) the game has trouble keeping them in order. The list shows them correctly, but internally the game thinks the CVs that start with 1 are lower than the ones that start with 9. This causes problems when trying to select a fleet for control or jumping.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 09:19:49 AM by Dux »
Rogue Squadron, CO
5th AF, FSO Squadron, Member

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2007, 05:32:00 AM »
That's because they're using an alphabetic instead of numeric sort. It should be easy to fix. Unless they don't want to use two sort routines.

Placing the CV numbers in the heap as integers and using sort_heap should work without a problem. But I've been out of programming for a long time and something may have changed. :)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 05:45:43 AM by NHawk »
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2007, 04:53:53 AM »
Is it allowed to place manned ack near to MA towns using the bas0 shape in the TE? If so, are there any guidelines as to how many may be placed there and how close they should be?

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2007, 05:33:05 AM »
There use to be a problem with the manned ack object not showing up as destroyed when it was used by itself (or was that puffy ack). I'm not sure if this is still true or not.

If you place one on your map, fly offline and destroy it and it shows up destroyed (the textures change) I don't see any reason you couldn't use them by the towns or anywhere else for that matter. Just be sure they show up in the gun postions in the hangar for that field.

This doesn't have much to do with your question but be aware I have crashed the game by placing too many puffy acks in a concentrated area.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 05:35:50 AM by NHawk »

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2007, 04:28:22 AM »
Thanks Nhawk, that bug is still there for 37mm AAs. You get a textbar message saying the soft AA is destroyed and it shows up in red as destroyed in the hangar screen for that field. However although it is actually destroyed and unusable the gun appears undamaged when you actually look at it up close. I guess you could have people wasting ord on already destroyed guns so I'll have to drop this idea.

Are HTC aware of this bug? Was thinking of starting a content editor bugs list in the bugs forum.

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2007, 03:17:00 PM »
Was thinking of starting a content editor bugs list in the bugs forum.

Excellent idea.  Probably the best and fastest way to get things fixed in the TE.  Keeps it all together instead of looking through multiple threads for different problems.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Re: What can be (is allowed) customized for a MA terrain?
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2009, 01:56:33 PM »
I was curious how the new TE is going to effect MA terrains. Will mapmakers be allowed more freedom for customization, possibly custom objects now as well with the new setup or is it going to be restricted to tiles? Will HTC allow customized textures (say, replacing the textures for concrete runways with PSP or dirt)?
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2009, 09:07:18 AM »
possibly custom objects now as well with the new setup or is it going to be restricted to tiles? Will HTC allow customized textures (say, replacing the textures for concrete runways with PSP or dirt)?

I believe these were all answered in the first few posts; no custom objects (and thereby textures, I assume) due to the inflation of the map's filesize.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2009, 09:21:46 AM »
Check the dates. That was years ago. There have been plenty of updates to the TE since then.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2009, 10:16:15 AM »
Just read through the thread.  I probably should clean it up, but the overall content is still applicable.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com