Author Topic: People saluting you after a cherry pick  (Read 2610 times)

Offline mipoikel

• Gold Member
      • http://www.llv32.org
People saluting you after a cherry pick
« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2006, 05:21:09 AM »
I am a LALADWEEB cherry picker.

:cool:
I am a spy!

Offline Cr0ssEye

• Zinc Member
« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2006, 10:41:05 AM »
Ledpig,
 I talked to u in the training arena, you seemed like a pretty good guy. Please ditch the foul mouth this game is made up of a wide variety of players and you'll find playing much more enjoyable when people are willing to work with you. They won't tolerate an ignorant tongue.

For the rest-
I try to make a point to .s someone if it was a hard clean fight but Sometimes your just to busy. If they .s me I will always return it unless it's bull.

When someone comes across range and says please come help with this guy. u want me to what? u want me to say "Nope looks like he killin you fair and square" Yeah right I hate it for you, someone asks for help I'm in there buddy. ( yeah its kinda gamey and I sure wouldn't send or answer a salute over it, but what do u do ? ur not going to turn your back on a friendly?RU?)
On the other hand I try not to jump in a one on one at any other time( it does happen but i TRY not too)
If I see 2 cons on one friendly I usually try forcing one of them to wave off the attack. (Sometimes they go ahead kill him and then come kill me)

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2006, 10:57:04 AM »
Originally posted by nark
some of us who dont fly spit 16s or La7s, and fly early p47s or p40s or crappy early 109s, have to cherry pick to MANAGE at least a kill per sortie.... I dont fly the uber planes for a reason-and that reason is to swoop in, in a pile of junk and shoot down a late model, sleek, flying machine
or, you could learn to dogfight in your aircraft:aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline JMFJ

• Copper Member
« Reply #78 on: May 03, 2006, 11:25:47 AM »
Originally posted by SkyRock
or, you could learn to dogfight in your aircraft:aok

Dog fighting is over-rated, LOL.

JMFJ

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: May 03, 2006, 11:43:31 AM »
Learn to dog fight and you won't have to rely on others to save you from that one con you run into now and then on your way to kill those FH's.

:aok

Offline Hammy

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.leedsstarafc.co.uk
« Reply #80 on: May 05, 2006, 11:48:04 AM »
Learn to dog fight and you won't have to rely on others to save you from that one con you run into now and then on your way to kill those FH's.

I think round about now, 75% of rooks will be thinking..............."what does he mean?"  :rofl

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2006, 01:54:27 PM »
Originally posted by Booz
D'oh and here I only use it to say hi to NB and whels since I dont tune 200

Boozer...

Sometimes I wish I could say the same. However, I still find it entertaining...in a sick sort of way. :D
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #82 on: May 05, 2006, 02:00:01 PM »
Originally posted by NoBaddy
Boozer...

Sometimes I wish I could say the same. However, I still find it entertaining...in a sick sort of way. :D

Like a car wreck... you know you shouldnt, but you cant help looking.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: May 05, 2006, 05:55:31 PM »
Originally posted by nark
some of us who dont fly spit 16s or La7s, and fly early p47s or p40s or crappy early 109s, have to cherry pick to MANAGE at least a kill per sortie.... I dont fly the uber planes for a reason-and that reason is to swoop in, in a pile of junk and shoot down a late model, sleek, flying machine

Speak for yourself.

I like the 109F as my main ride
I swoop in. outfly that sleek late model flying machine and disect it peice by peice untill it falls from the sky. OR give em a burst that they hear in the tower for about 5 minutes afterwards and leave em wondering how their uber plane just got spanked like an ugly stepchild by a crappy early 109. LOL.

the wonerdful thing about Flying the less uber planes (other then for perkfarming) is if you get beat by an uber ride. No big deal, the uber rides should be able to beat the crappy ones.

But if your in an uber late model plane and get beat by a non uber plane.
You get to suffer the embarrasment and indignity of knowing that you just got beotch slapped by a lessor plane. and a plane you should have been able to easily kill. considering the differences in uberness :D

But seriously. Everyone cherrypicks. Especially if your in a furball where its really more like one huge cherrypicking session anyway
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Scatcat

• Copper Member
Re: People saluting you after a cherry pick
« Reply #84 on: May 05, 2006, 06:25:23 PM »
Originally posted by Revor
That literally pisses me off. There's nothing like you fighting someone in a good fight and then some jerk comes along and cherry picks you then have the nerve to give you a salute like he dueled you on his own. I'm like what the hell did you do to earn a right of a salute? I could see if it was just you and me and you killed me fair and square then ok yes then the salute is understandable but when you are flying over 15k and see your fellow country men in a duel with another guy and you swoop down like an eagle and kill the poor sap and then give the not only you are making yourself look shame to the person you killed but also at the same time your countrymen is like you didnt do this on your own although he might thank you for saving him. Anyways just had to rant.

Dead man rant :lol

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: May 05, 2006, 06:29:13 PM »
Keep in mind that the guys saluting you after a pick could very well be trying to get you wound up. Angry people do stupid things which make them even easier to kill. I can think of a few MA pilots who were extremely adept at this, and very few people ever realized they were being played, judging by the responses I normally saw.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline TexMurphy

• Silver Member
« Reply #86 on: May 06, 2006, 04:40:18 AM »
Salute the pilot who killed you not the one you killed unless he salutes you....

Tex