Author Topic: quick question  (Read 572 times)

Offline longmai

• Zinc Member
quick question
« on: May 03, 2006, 09:37:10 PM »
Does this game have a relax realism mode???? like air warrior III back in the day

Online Max

• Platinum Member
quick question
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 09:53:46 PM »
No.

That said, you can "relax" the offline settings as far as lethality, ammo load-out,
lead computer sighting, etc. goes. Such tweaks are made by way of Arena Setting values.

H2H hosts also will increase ammo load-outs but flight modelling is usually the same as in any of the arenas.

A number of planes are very user friendly. They include the Spit1, Spit5, Spit8 and Spit9. Add to that list the N1K2 and FM2.

An hour OFFLINE with any of those planes will get you started in the Main Arena. Just keep on eye on the G-meter gauge and avoid yanking your joystick around.

Lastly, the Training Arena is a good place to get started. Trainers are usually available during evening hours.

Best of luck! And, welcome to Aces High. :aok

Should you have specific questions, post them in the Help & Training section of the HTC boards...folks will usually jump in with an answer. A lot of information and help can also be found at http://www.netaces.org
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 09:57:11 PM by Max »

Offline Bombardy

• Zinc Member
oh sure it does
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 10:06:04 PM »
Just Fly the LA-7

it's in arcade mode

Online Max

• Platinum Member
Re: oh sure it does
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 10:19:05 PM »
Originally posted by Bombardy
Just Fly the LA-7

it's in arcade mode

Thoughtfull and helpfull advice, Bombardy.

Offline Bombardy

• Zinc Member
hrumph
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2006, 10:43:06 PM »
Your reply was more than enough to help the person who posted the question

my reply is no less valuable though :aok

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Re: hrumph
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2006, 01:24:34 AM »
Originally posted by Bombardy
Your reply was more than enough to help the person who posted the question

my reply is no less valuable though :aok

Well, im afraid some people havent been around long enough to get the joke.....

I cant add much of anything to MaX advice.

Stall limiter: Depending on arena settings, this limits your maximum angle of attack. makes you go into a stall spin less easily (but by no means avoids stalls altogether!!) but it has one HUGE drawback. It will affect your turning ability heavily, leaving you with a lot less performance then your opponent who will probably fly without. To switch it on/off, go to SETUP > PREFERENCES > Flight on your clipboard.

Dig through netaces and the Help file, get yourself familiar with the game interface and the planes offline - or, if you dont mind spending your 2 weeks free on learning basics, in the Training Arena (TA).

"easy to keep in the air" - planes: The Spitfires, the Hurricanes, the A6m, the D3A. Make sure you have no bombs/rockets with you on your first flights, and go with a light fuel load.

Welcome :).
21 is only half the truth.

Online Max

• Platinum Member
quick question
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2006, 08:46:40 AM »
zOMG...I forgot Schatzi's beloved Hurricanes :O

Good call on the stall limiter...forgot that one too.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
quick question
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2006, 08:55:48 AM »
Originally posted by Max
zOMG...I forgot Schatzi's beloved Hurricanes :O

:furious  Shame on you MaX!!! Thats unforgivable!! :furious

:D
21 is only half the truth.

Offline dhaus

• Copper Member
quick question
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2006, 06:14:38 PM »
A couple of pieces of advice from an ex-AW relaxed realism fan.  Most important, this game is faster by at least a factor of 3.  I flew offline for a week or so thinking I was getting used to the flight models, tried to shoot down drones to get a sense of lead etc.  Even with a few years in AW, rereading Brooke's How to Fly and Fight in AW, offline practice, and visits to the help and training forum and Netaces.org, I was pretty unprepared for the MA.  I am just now (almost a year later) beginning to think I will learn this game.  It has been a lot of fun getting to this point.  The plane that I find fun to fly as a beginner is the c205.  Sort of a poor man's 190.  Fast enough to keep up with the fight, can turn - a little - and has a nice set of cannon.  The folks above have more experiance than I do, so you're better off listening to them.  Oh, never underestimate a Hurri2C for base defense.  I love that thing.

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
quick question
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2006, 06:19:56 PM »
Originally posted by dhaus
A couple of pieces of advice from an ex-AW relaxed realism fan.  Most important, this game is faster by at least a factor of 3.  I flew offline for a week or so thinking I was getting used to the flight models, tried to shoot down drones to get a sense of lead etc.  Even with a few years in AW, rereading Brooke's How to Fly and Fight in AW, offline practice, and visits to the help and training forum and Netaces.org, I was pretty unprepared for the MA.  I am just now (almost a year later) beginning to think I will learn this game.  It has been a lot of fun getting to this point.  The plane that I find fun to fly as a beginner is the c205.  Sort of a poor man's 190.  Fast enough to keep up with the fight, can turn - a little - and has a nice set of cannon.  The folks above have more experiance than I do, so you're better off listening to them.  Oh, never underestimate a Hurri2C for base defense.  I love that thing.

Some of the most fun I had was as a newbie.
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'

Offline eilif

• Silver Member
quick question
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2006, 07:00:20 PM »
Posted by longmai

Does this game have a relax realism mode????

Ah is the defanition of "relaxed realism", that being said the flight models are very accurate by most standards, everything else is very "relaxed", stall limeters, auto retract flaps, radar, ectra.