Author Topic: I am available  (Read 1487 times)

Offline toon

• Nickel Member
I am available
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2006, 10:15:31 AM »
okay,i met him in the DA last nite so let me give my observation.he's like micheal jordan....complementing you while you're spinning into the ground.lol.in all seriousness i found that one hour of training left me with enough things to practice that will keep me busy for at least two weeks.S~ nomak.

Offline Haukeye2

• Zinc Member
Re: I am available
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2006, 07:55:35 PM »
Originally posted by Nomak
Just sayn .......You guys know the drill.

If anyone is interested in some help.  Just post here or PM me.

c yas up.... Dave

Howdy Nomak.  I've signed up twice for the free two week trial, but each time I never bothered to follow up on it.  So I finally signed up with real money on the line so I want to give AH a go but I haven't the foggiest idea of how to get set up, what to do, etc.  I'd like to set up my CH Fighterstick buttons for flaps, wep, brakes, etc., but can't figure it out.  I've got TrackIR and have gotten it to work with AH but everything else is just a blur for me at this point.  I'd like to catch a trainer in the training arena but so far haven't been able to find one.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.
I did fly AH in it's infancy, back when Confirmed Kill was a beta, but, well, it's been a long time.  Thanks.

Haukeye  "hauk" in 'da old days.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
I am available
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2006, 08:58:45 PM »
kinky
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Haukeye2

• Zinc Member
Re: I am available
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2006, 09:35:33 PM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV
kinky

Thanks.  So how do I find a trainer online?  How do I get my stick set up?  How do I get voice set up?  In laymen's terms if possible.  Thanks.

Haukeye

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
Re: Re: I am available
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2006, 05:06:30 AM »
Originally posted by Haukeye2
Thanks.  So how do I find a trainer online?  How do I get my stick set up?  How do I get voice set up?  In laymen's terms if possible.  Thanks.

Haukeye

hey hauk :)

you dont actually *need* a trainer to help you. there are plenty of people including myself that have been playing for a while now, who are regularly in the TA, all you need to do is ask for help, most people will be able to show you what to do :aok

i'll look for you online mate;)

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Re: Re: I am available
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2006, 06:16:59 AM »
Originally posted by Haukeye2

Haukeye

HTC Help File and a player run page called Net Aces will help you answer a lot of your questions, including but not limited to control setup, game interface, fighting tactics, gameplay..... . Net Aces has a one-page-printout for key map, very handy to have lying next to your JS when flying. This forum has a search function (bottom of page), if you need info on a specific topic. And you can always ask, usually quite a few people jump in to answer and help.

If you want to contact the Official Training Corps, mail them at trainers@hitechcreations.com with times you are available and what kind of training session youd like. One of them thats got time will come back at you.

Apart from that, Pooface is right. Just come to the Training Arena (online), in the afternoons/evenings theres usually some "oldtimer" or trainer online that can get you started.

Welcome back :).
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Re: I am available
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2006, 09:27:04 AM »
Originally posted by Pooface
hey hauk :)

you dont actually *need* a trainer to help you. there are plenty of people including myself that have been playing for a while now, who are regularly in the TA, all you need to do is ask for help, most people will be able to show you what to do :aok

i'll look for you online mate;)

I've totally found this to be true. While there are a couple guys who's every answer is "GO to the TA," by and large there are people on who will help out even in the MA. Complex questions, like setting up your controllers, are best addressed in TA, although sometimes text radio channel 6 "Help" can work out.

Once you've gotten off the ground, have some fun -- but dont wait too long to get soem combat tips. This game has the LONGEST learning curve of any I've played, but its also the most rewarding. I wish I had gotten together with a trainer earlier and more regularly than I did, because it woudl have made the game even more fun even faster.

Guys hate asking for directions, but its worth doing here -- and we promise not to tell!
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: I am available
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2006, 09:42:48 AM »
Originally posted by Simaril
Guys hate asking for directions, but its worth doing here -- and we promise not to tell!

:lol

:t

Offline Haukeye2

• Zinc Member
Re: Re: Re: I am available
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2006, 06:34:54 PM »
Originally posted by Schatzi
HTC Help File and a player run page called Net Aces will help you answer a lot of your questions, including but not limited to control setup, game interface, fighting tactics, gameplay..... . Net Aces has a one-page-printout for key map, very handy to have lying next to your JS when flying. This forum has a search function (bottom of page), if you need info on a specific topic. And you can always ask, usually quite a few people jump in to answer and help.

If you want to contact the Official Training Corps, mail them at trainers@hitechcreations.com with times you are available and what kind of training session youd like. One of them thats got time will come back at you.

Apart from that, Pooface is right. Just come to the Training Arena (online), in the afternoons/evenings theres usually some "oldtimer" or trainer online that can get you started.

Thanks for the info.  I'm finding just setting up my joystick/rudder system quite daunting.  Will keep studying the help files, maybe something will click.  I'm used to just highlighting the function, clicking the button on the joystick, and it's mapped, ala IL2 Sturmovik.  Oh well, hopefully I'll get a grip on it.  Again, thanks.

Haukeye
Welcome back :).

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
I am available
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2006, 06:57:02 PM »
Well, it IS almost that easy....

For Pitch/Roll/rudder go to "Select Joystick", highlight stick and click "SET ALL INPUTS".

For individual button mappings: "Stick Map": Highlight the function you want on the list, then click the respective button on your JS (this will highlight the button on the left side - you can also do that by clicking it with mouse). Then all you got to do it click "Set Button".

If you still got trouble, dont hesitate to holler if you see me online.

Schatzi

Offline Haukeye2

• Zinc Member
I am available
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2006, 07:24:41 PM »
Originally posted by Schatzi
Well, it IS almost that easy....

For Pitch/Roll/rudder go to "Select Joystick", highlight stick and click "SET ALL INPUTS".

For individual button mappings: "Stick Map": Highlight the function you want on the list, then click the respective button on your JS (this will highlight the button on the left side - you can also do that by clicking it with mouse). Then all you got to do it click "Set Button".

If you still got trouble, dont hesitate to holler if you see me online.

Schatzi

I've tried that more than once, no response from my rudder pedals, so I just go careening around the airfield with no control.  The rudder pedals do show up in the game, just can't figure out how to get them to work.
Maybe I should have another beer.  ;)
Thanks for your patience.

Haukeye

Offline Nomak

• Silver Member
I am available
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2006, 10:09:29 PM »
The hijack is now complete.  

Oh well......  Just For the record......

My training is NOT for new players.  Please go to the Training Arena or contact an offical trainer.  Getting started in the game is not what I do.

The training that I offer is for players who know how to play but still need to learn how to really fight.  Or for players who know how to fight and want to fight better.

Please save your "How to set up the game" questions/posts for another thread.  No offence intended .  There is a time and a place for that stuff.  It just isnt here  ;)

c yas up.... Dave

Offline Haukeye2

• Zinc Member
I am available
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2006, 10:15:48 PM »
Originally posted by Nomak
The hijack is now complete.  

Oh well......  Just For the record......

My training is NOT for new players.  Please go to the Training Arena or contact an offical trainer.  Getting started in the game is not what I do.

The training that I offer is for players who know how to play but still need to learn how to really fight.  Or for players who know how to fight and want to fight better.

Please save your "How to set up the game" questions/posts for another thread.  No offence intended .  There is a time and a place for that stuff.  It just isnt here  ;)

c yas up.... Dave

Oops, sorry.  I know how to fight, I just need to know how to get up off the ground.  ;)

Haukeye

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
I am available
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2006, 01:46:29 AM »
Im sorry Nomak, thats entirely my fault. My apologies. :o

Maybe Skuzzy can be so kind and remove the posts to the other thread?

Schatzi.

Haukeye
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 01:57:31 AM by Schatzi »

Offline toon

• Nickel Member
I am available
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2006, 10:06:45 AM »
i hate to submit to "stockholm syndrone" but here goes:there is a trick about setiing up ch rudder pedals.search rudder pedals on the bbs.S~ sorry nomak.WITH THAT BEING SAID,NOMAK CAN DEFINITELY OFFER AN UNBIASED CRITIQUE OF ANY MID- UPPER ECHELON PLAYER.I STRONGLY URGE ANYONE WHO WANTS TO IMPROVE THEIR GAME.