Author Topic: Bush Weighs Deploying Guard to U.S. Border  (Read 1872 times)

Offline Mr Big

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Bush Weighs Deploying Guard to U.S. Border
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2006, 09:25:37 AM »
Originally posted by Sandman
Nothing says "Maginot Line" quite like a fence or militarized border between here and Mexico. ;)

I'm not talking about building a nice fort for the Frenchies to eat cheese and relax in, while the enemy just goes around them. ;)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2006, 09:39:24 AM »
so sandie.... if you can only slow the tide of illegals by say..... 80% then it is a total waste of time?

and... are you saying that the border patrol has everything it needs and is doing the best job that is possible?

your agenda is starting to show to even the dimmest.

Nope... now all we need to do is arrest the employers and.... the problem all but goes away...

lazs

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2006, 09:55:12 AM »
At last... the real point behind this emerges. Illegal immigrants.

:aok

Here's my "agenda". I wonder how effective the Border Patrol could be if they had just a fraction of the money spent in Iraq.

As for the arrest of employers. Good luck with that. In order to convict, the state must prove beyond reasonable doubt that the employers knowingly hired illegal aliens.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 10:00:53 AM by Sandman »
sand

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2006, 10:01:05 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
Ok... go ahead and "secure the borders"  whatever that means.... seems it means.... build 12' walls in order to drive up the cost of 13' ladders tho to me but...

go ahead... hire about a thousand or more extra cops to try to plug what is essentialy a sieve to the land of milk and honey...   Like trying to capture water in your spread hands.

or... throw your hard earned money at the politicians and let em give you a handful of magic beans and a few months of tough talk and sound bites.
sand

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2006, 10:01:14 AM »
sandie... are you then agreed that the border patrol should be increased to solve the problem?   I don't think that you are..

as for the employers...  first you catch the ones who are not even putting illegals on the books... then you bust the ones who are not asking for ID (breaking the law)   then the ones who are allowing obvious phoney ID and then...

you establish a central checkpoint exactly like us gun owners/buyers have to go through to buy a gun.   You want a job?  fill out the form and we will send it electronicaly... come back in 12 hours and if your background check is clean.... you're hired...

even phase one will scare 90% of the cowardly,traitorous scum bag employers into acting legaly....

lazs

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2006, 10:02:02 AM »

you establish a central checkpoint exactly like us gun owners/buyers have to go through to buy a gun.   You want a job?  fill out the form and we will send it electronicaly... come back in 12 hours and if your background check is clean.... you're hired...

lazs

You mean something like the U.S. Department of Labor?
sand

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2006, 10:05:20 AM »
sandie... not sure what you are doing here.... you only look at the negative.

I have said that simply securing the border will not work... it needs to be done in conjunction with arresting the employers and not giving education and welfare benifiets or drivers licences to illegals.

Bush has said that if it is against the law to hire illegals then we ought to enforce that law.

No matter what anyone thinks of Bush... he does not rule by poll... he does not rule by what makes his own party happy or to appease...he cares less about popularity polls than any pres in recent memory..

He may be the man for this job.... he certainly was the man for choosing 2 supreme court justices and a bunch of other judges.

can anyone here imagine what kerries solutions would have looked like?

lazs

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2006, 10:10:48 AM »

can anyone here imagine what kerries solutions would have looked like?

lazs

Does anyone here waste their time with such meaningless speculation?
sand

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2006, 10:16:32 AM »
yes sandie.... something like the U.S. department of labor... you give them the same tools you give the freaks that do background checks on future gun owners.

lazs

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2006, 10:21:31 AM »
Speaking of agendas... yours is showing. ;)
sand

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2006, 10:49:59 AM »
Originally posted by john9001
PS, i didn't know the guard was allowed to carry loaded guns.:)

Whaaaa?
If they are put on the border they d,m well better be armed. It`s a fricken war zone in itself. Armed drug runners, gangs, coyotes.............not to mention the crossings by the Mexican military.
If they were not armed it would amount to the first landings in Nam where the troops had empty magazines. Don`t think that will ever fly again.

The very concept of America as "The Land of the Free" is altered by securing our borders with armed troops.

Hockey pucks!
"The Land Of The Free" refers to those of us who legaly live here........the citizens. Our military is the very reason we are the land of the free. Our military has, and will continue to, protect and preserve that. Without them we would be the "Land Of The Pushover".
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2006, 10:56:33 AM »
Originally posted by Sandman
Here's my "agenda". I wonder how effective the Border Patrol could be if they had just a fraction of the money spent in Iraq.

They do have just a fraction: in the  6.7 billion Border; FY2006 budget/$72.4 billion; an Iraq supplemental request in congress now.

See there? Your government bends over backwards to make you happy.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 10:58:41 AM by Holden McGroin »
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2006, 10:57:14 AM »
Originally posted by Jackal1
Without them we would be the "Land Of The Pushover".

Also known as:  France

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2006, 11:01:05 AM »
If nothing else the Minuteman Project has brought this probelm to light in the U.S. in a big way.
Sort of goes to show that being a true patriot still works and can still get gubment off their tails when nothing else works.
IMHO, publicly calling the Minutemen vigilantes was a huge mistake.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 11:18:54 AM by Jackal1 »
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2006, 11:05:34 AM »
Firearms background check time is generally less than 15 minutes start to finish, if you can read the paperwork and write the answers in a normal fashion. This includes phoning in the answers and getting the approval. The overhwhelming vast majority of applicants are approved right away.

I think something like that would be fine for job applicants. One could check out the SSAN they are using and see if it belonged to a dead guy in a short amount of time. I'm sure a few other things could be included in the check quite easily, like driver's licenses and such.

Also, it's just logical to enforce the laws against employing illegals. One shouldn't shy from that just because there might be a few difficult cases. There will also be rediculously easy cases that will serve to make the point.

Same with the border. Again I ask if anyone has historical examples of well-off societies that managed to maintain a high standard of living and open borders at the same time. I can't think of one.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!